Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
i like getting in my car and having the phone connect automatically and the i can play music without taking my phone out of my pocket, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

yes. thank goodness that inconvenience has been done away with

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i'd love to cast deezer/spotify from my phone to the in-car audio on long trips but the sound quality is so conspicuously bad it hurts my brain, and there's no option to use an aux jack because gently caress you i guess

also the thing where your "things you like" playlist becomes the "things you skip to keep from annoying others with it" playlist

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

i enjoy that my bruletooth headphones can go weeks without needing to be charged and i no longer get mummified in cables, thanks

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I have beatsx that I use at the gym and they're not bad, I still don't get why most/all bluetooth headphones will happily sit there idle for hours draining the battery unless you specifically turn them off, like hey if there's no signal for half an hour maybe power down?

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

qirex posted:

I have beatsx that I use at the gym and they're not bad, I still don't get why most/all bluetooth headphones will happily sit there idle for hours draining the battery unless you specifically turn them off, like hey if there's no signal for half an hour maybe power down?

yeah i have these and they work fine. they actually sound ok which is nice as beforehand i owned a couple of pairs of not-inexpensive bluetooth over-ear headphones that sounded like you were listening through like a landline phone that had just dropped being in a puddle. and they couldn't seem to keep a signal worth poo poo.

you're right that it seems like a weird oversight for them to wear the battery down if you don't remember to turn them off though. also having one button to control everything to do with pairing and power, via holding it down for different lengths of time is not intuitive at all. maybe airpods are better in that regard. probably a wash as to which makes you look more like a oval office tbh

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yeah I bought a pair of $35 chinese bt earbuds before the beats and they were super garbage and stopped holding a charge after 2 weeks and didn't fit in my ears

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
i have a pair of anker soundbuds (with foam tips) which work okay as earplugs that also play podcasts, and are more socially acceptable to wear than just regular earplugs

lol @ people who spend >$100 on bt headphones tho

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

i spent forty real kiwi bucks on my pair of headphones and they suit my needs

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
can't believe how hard wireless AUDIO is even in 2017

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Granbar posted:

can't believe how hard wireless AUDIO is even in 2017

it works great if you're not a poor

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the fact that with a cell phone, a sonos connect amp and 2 good speakers you can listen to like 6 million songs at cd quality is one of those "whoa, we're living in the loving future" things

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

qirex posted:

the fact that with a cell phone, a sonos connect amp and 2 good speakers you can listen to like 6 million songs at cd quality is one of those "whoa, we're living in the loving future" things

i can do that with my laptop

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hifi posted:

i can do that with my laptop

error critical username/post mismatch

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

What an age we live in

All Too Much For Me
Aug 14, 2008

qirex posted:

Now try listening to anything that's not music on your Sonos. Hello 4s lag and terrible node.js application so I can watch YouTube on my Sonos.

I bought a poo poo Bluetooth speaker instead.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i just use real speakers and a receiver op

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
op have you tried QC35s

they're good

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

qirex posted:

same except my ipod classic and marantz 2230, op :smugdog:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

qirex posted:

is a sonos connect amp a bluetooth speaker without the speaker but a decent amp

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

echinopsis posted:

is a sonos connect amp a bluetooth speaker without the speaker but a decent amp

no bluetooth, wifi only

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ugh

so would spotify work with it?

or just anything on your lappy or phone?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

echinopsis posted:

ugh

so would spotify work with it?

or just anything on your lappy or phone?

yeah the sonos talks directly to spotify, tidal, etc. and you can control it with your phone or computer

they need to get their poo poo together though since they don't support airplay, playfi, chromecast or any other system just their own it's the best ui but it's super dated functionalitywise

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

bluetooth audio story: I got a new plantronics headset for my computer at work and it works perfectly and sounds ok? I'm pretty much shocked given how bad windows is at audio

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

bluetooth audio story: I got a new plantronics headset for my computer at work and it works perfectly and sounds ok? I'm pretty much shocked given how bad windows is at audio

to add: my plantronics pairs to two devices at a time, so I have my cell and my work system paired so I can do whatever and not care

actually it turns out plantronics is cool and good even with bluetooth

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

fuckin right it's good enough for NASA it's good enough for my web dev meetings

https://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/technologies/headsets.html

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Agile Vector posted:

to add: my plantronics pairs to two devices at a time, so I have my cell and my work system paired so I can do whatever and not care

voyager focus uc? that's the one I got

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
Wireless HDMI is even worse than Bluetooth

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

voyager focus uc? that's the one I got

nice! nah, i have a voyager edge, for a few years now. its good but full stereo would be perfect for long calls, now that im sitting in a more active area, that thing looks really pro

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

[quote="“All Too Much For Me”" post="“476863776”"]
Now try listening to anything that’s not music on your Sonos. Hello 4s lag and terrible node.js application so I can watch YouTube on my Sonos.

I bought a poo poo Bluetooth speaker instead.
[/quote]

get a sonos playbar, op. 70ms of latency on the optical input and upgradeable to surround sound with two play 1s

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Agile Vector posted:

yeah, had the backbeat pros for a while, they were really solid on all the bluetooth stuff

far from the normal case even with more expensive headphones though

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

fart simpson posted:

get a sonos playbar, op. 70ms of latency on the optical input and upgradeable to surround sound with two play 1s

lol what a piece of poo poo

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

LinYutang posted:

Wireless HDMI is even worse than Bluetooth

does anyone even use wireless hdmi?

All Too Much For Me
Aug 14, 2008

fart simpson posted:

sonos is literally the monkey's paw of wireless audio

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Bloody posted:

lol what a piece of poo poo

its the best selling soundbar model in the world op

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I use Bluetooth wireless headphones op

They have aptX or whatever and it sounds fine

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Bluetooth audio is dog poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

fart simpson posted:

70ms on the local network rofl. gently caress off with this trash tier garbage

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Smythe posted:

70ms on the local network rofl. gently caress off with this trash tier garbage

normal sound bars have 50ms from the wired inputs and u gotta buffer real time audio mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!

Lightbulb Out posted:

does anyone even use wireless hdmi?

I tried it sucked

• Locked thread