Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Quiet Feet posted:

God drat Ravens, there's jet lag and then there's extra-dimensional lag.

Jet lag let Jags not drag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Ravens front 7 looks gassed already

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
On the injury front I'm shocked that Zadarius Smith is out there. His injury week 1 looked gruesome.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
There is no excuse for getting zero pressure on Blake Bortles behind this line. I'm with K, don't let Pees get on the plane home.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

kawalimus stole his dean pees hate from me

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Mega64 posted:

Jet lag let Jags not drag

:golfclap:

Also I cannot believe that somebody has used the phrase "runaway Jaguars offense"

TBC
Jan 12, 2006

Glazers gonna Glaze
Ed Reed smoking a cigar on the field is just about the best thing that will come of this game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jaguars went for it on 4th and 1, thank you for your bravery.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

a new study bible! posted:

As someone who frequently goes to sleep at 7PM, all football should start at 9:30

Same as long as you mean 9:30 eastern so I can start watching it at 6:30 pacific. If I didn't have to drive an hour for a work thing tonight I could be drinking right now since it's acceptable to drink anytime there's a (live) NFL game on.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

urban down, we tryna hit 17 people on IR by week 4. im thinking we hit 25 before the bye

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
We're averaging 2 injuries a loving week since the preseason.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Kalli posted:

Jaguars went for it on 4th and 1, thank you for your bravery.

Totally thought that was a attempt to draw an offsides.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ghost Dog posted:

kawalimus stole his dean pees hate from me

No I hated him day 1!!! I knew he was a junk coordinator he had a bad reputation coming in being the DC on new england in some of the years they were really bad on defense, though they had the excuse of low talent levels in a lot of those years. Here he doesn't have that excuse cause newsome is pretty good at stocking defense.

I wouldn't be so hard on him cause everyone's defense melts down now and then even the 2000 defense and 2006 defense(though them less so) had their bad moments. It's just time after time we see these breakdowns in his defenses. I knew a day like this would happen as soon as we weren't facing the week's worst-performing QB, although even I didn't think it would happen against BORTLES

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Rex is on ESPN now trying to explain his support for Trump and why he didn't sign up for this.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

No I hated him day 1!!! I knew he was a junk coordinator he had a bad reputation coming in being the DC on new england in some of the years they were really bad on defense, though they had the excuse of low talent levels in a lot of those years. Here he doesn't have that excuse cause newsome is pretty good at stocking defense.

I wouldn't be so hard on him cause everyone's defense melts down now and then even the 2000 defense and 2006 defense(though them less so) had their bad moments. It's just time after time we see these breakdowns in his defenses. I knew a day like this would happen as soon as we weren't facing the week's worst-performing QB, although even I didn't think it would happen against BORTLES

bitch i remember pming you about this during my exile u robbed me of my take and ill never forgive u

im the one who told you he was from new england!!! your addled football shaman brain is melting

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Lmao Jags decided now's a good time as any to start melting down.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Silly Burrito posted:

Rex is on ESPN now trying to explain his support for Trump and why he didn't sign up for this.

why does every white person think the national anthem is exclusively to show support for the military lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh wow Bortles

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

bitch i remember pming you about this during my exile u robbed me of my take and ill never forgive u

im the one who told you he was from new england!!! your addled football shaman brain is melting

I don't even remember that. But you might be right you told me. But I didn't steal it I just believe it to be true :(. Your take is just my same take knowing that knowledge. Sometimes it happens!

That I don't remember it is sad cause it means it was so long ago and he's been our coordinator that long!!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
how many points does that missed sack get weddle on PFF

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Bortles w/ the good scramble

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
MAN I can't believe Bort stayed on his feet there

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The Unstoppable Blake Bortles

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mega64 posted:

Lmao Jags decided now's a good time as any to start melting down.

Well they have a 10 point lead. With the Ravens o-line that's probably insurmountable.

Weedle has looked like poo poo so far this year. He may be done.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a brent urban injury is basically the only thing that can stop his contract year rampage into being wildly overpaid by the *spins wheel of former ravens assistants* browns

E; wait did they already fire their former ravens assistant hc

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

a brent urban injury is basically the only thing that can stop his contract year rampage into being wildly overpaid by the *spins wheel of former ravens assistants* browns

What ever happened to Paul Kruger anyway?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
joe flacco status: not elite

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

What ever happened to Paul Kruger anyway?

he was paid more than elvis dumerville and then got cut when the browns wanted to tank. i dont even know if hes in the nfl anymore

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
uff, Wallace dogged that one.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
it has been many moons since I turned on my xbone. I hope the game is better than this update progress bar.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Has a team ever failed to get a first down at all during a game? Cause today is a candidate for that happening.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
4 3rd downs, 4 o-line collapses.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
So the Jags D might be really good?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

No, the Ravens O line is loving dead.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ravens just gearing up for the necessary month of 0 tds to then win the superbowl. the dilfer path is the hardest, yet most rewarding in the nfl

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

Has a team ever failed to get a first down at all during a game? Cause today is a candidate for that happening.

I mean there's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doZzrsDJo-4

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

corn on the cop posted:

Yeah they're pretty good afaik. They massacred the texans up front in week 1, so not surprising they're doing that to us with the amount of guys we have out.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

WampaLord posted:

No, the Ravens O line is loving dead.

yeah it's this, the jags DL also massacred a lovely texans OL and didn't do so hot against the Titans'

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kawalimus posted:

The Browns played a game once where they only had 1 all game. They didn't attempt a single pass and rushed 41 times for 69 yards... they scored 13 points though, so maybe this is just a busted log.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/195012030cle.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'd say the Baltimore offense warrants a 7 am drink.

• Locked thread