Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Ravens are awful. Dean Pees is the worst coordinator in the history of the NFL.

he is indeed the worst coordinator of all time. how the gently caress do you get owned by blake bortles with this insanely stacked defense just jesus christ.

dean pees is almost not a liability if every single player on the d line is playing like an all pro otherwise hes such loving garbage

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Wow. I am really surprised how much time Bortles is getting. That was the slowest moving play imaginable and no one got with in 3 yards of him. I really underestimated how essential Williams was to the pass rush.

b will is good and all and gives more pass rush than youd expect but hes still a like 400lb nose tackle and he has a more than capable backup. if your run stopping NT is essential to your pass rush your scheme is retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Quiet Feet posted:

Everybody but Kawalimus tell me: are the Jagz good or are the Ravens bad?

ravens defense is insanely talented, probably on par with their best units in the past just personnel wise. the offense was bare of talent before 3 of their offensive line starters were injured(or retired at like 25 years old) and uhhh lmao the injuries never stop

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

kawalimus stole his dean pees hate from me

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

urban down, we tryna hit 17 people on IR by week 4. im thinking we hit 25 before the bye

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

No I hated him day 1!!! I knew he was a junk coordinator he had a bad reputation coming in being the DC on new england in some of the years they were really bad on defense, though they had the excuse of low talent levels in a lot of those years. Here he doesn't have that excuse cause newsome is pretty good at stocking defense.

I wouldn't be so hard on him cause everyone's defense melts down now and then even the 2000 defense and 2006 defense(though them less so) had their bad moments. It's just time after time we see these breakdowns in his defenses. I knew a day like this would happen as soon as we weren't facing the week's worst-performing QB, although even I didn't think it would happen against BORTLES

bitch i remember pming you about this during my exile u robbed me of my take and ill never forgive u

im the one who told you he was from new england!!! your addled football shaman brain is melting

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a brent urban injury is basically the only thing that can stop his contract year rampage into being wildly overpaid by the *spins wheel of former ravens assistants* browns

E; wait did they already fire their former ravens assistant hc

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

What ever happened to Paul Kruger anyway?

he was paid more than elvis dumerville and then got cut when the browns wanted to tank. i dont even know if hes in the nfl anymore

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ravens just gearing up for the necessary month of 0 tds to then win the superbowl. the dilfer path is the hardest, yet most rewarding in the nfl

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

with yanda, alex lewis and a bunch of other guys dead, the ravens are currently fielding one single nfl caliber offensive lineman. just line up ronnie stanley alone he will probably be better than these 4 practice squad dudes

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Phyein posted:

Call me crazy but I'm starting to consider the possibilty that Joe Flacco may in fact not be elite after all

imagine thinking that int had anything to do with joe. he threw a great pass

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the jags are the oddest kryptonite for the ravens, especially if they are having a good season. that 2011 loss is still baffling

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

both teams played hard

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Oh yeah I agree. We came into this game with just 9 catches from our WRs which I think is by far the least in the league. Newsome has really got to improve the way he looks at receiving talent and acquisition because it does not work.

i wish youd ever give any examples of what he should do differently. they spent their resources on the defense and then got burnt by the few talented offensive players all getting hurt before its even week 4. its pretty dang rude to always come up on the losing end of decent gambles tho. they gambled on pittas health after 2012 and he basically had a career ending preseason injury despite never missing a game before. they gambled on yanda, alex lewis and ronnie stanley being able to hold up the line and let them at least have a good running game. 2/3 of them hurt before week 3. theres other examples of them being hella punished by what otherwise would be very good bets. unfortunate

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Durandal1707 posted:

Yeah that Ravens team was really good but they'd inexplicably drop games against really bad teams that season. I'm still baffled they lost by 20 against a mediocre at best Charger team in SD.

well that was the original Kawalimus Was Right game, he used his powers

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That's a bullshit call.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

me when we lose our best offensive and defensive players last week, and now the best defender left on the team is down

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

man that is not dpi that is just insanely good coverage. how the gently caress you punish someone for that good of a play

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

real glad humph is getting a lot of time, hes been real good so far in limited snaps. hope he keeps it up

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Don't forget that Jacksonville gets the ball after the half. At this point I'm kind of hoping the Ravens break the season injury record. We're probably already close.

im fairly certain we would break our own record from last year or the year before? they run together

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Our personal record is 20 from the Flacco injury year. We had 19 the year before that. The record is 27 from the 2011 Jags. We only need like 9 more so I say go for it.

imma refer to the 2017 record breaking ravens offense when it happens

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

joe is the best

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

axeil posted:

yes! thank you

and didn't that require the refs giving them a first down on 4th and forever that they were like 2 yards short of?

ray rice is always short

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

what a play on the ball

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

mosley having a bad game rip

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

caldwell was the ravens OC for less than a calendar year. miss my stoic black coach

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

I found a Mississippi Kite recently! Though that ain't a fork-tailed. THat's not necessarily from the hurricane either, those fork and scissor tails like to turn up all over the place.

do u live on the eastern shore or are there lots of wildernesses around baltimore

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

I don't live on the eastern shore I live north of the city. But there's actually a lot of places to bird here and in the surrounding counties.

One of the best spots in MD for rarities is at the end of the boardwalk in ocean city called Sunset Park. It's like nothing. It's some lovely little tiny park you'd never expect to have birding. A couple years ago there was a rock wren there. Now there are like three Clay-colored sparrows, a sedge wren, and a Lark Sparrow all seen there recently. I was there once a while ago and there were like three common redpolls just hanging out. If I lived down there I'd make it a point to check that every day I could.

i was gonna mock your hillbilly backwards rear end if you were some eastern shore trash but i will holster my ownage

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sexpig by night posted:

What happened to Baltimore?

I mean, the team specifically, this is poo poo even for them.

16 players on ir. its week 3

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the jags will lose most of those games so kawalimus can point to this loss as a reason to fire ozzie newsome

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

nerve posted:

how many of those 16 players on IR are actually important losses? if its a lot that fuckign sucks. nothing is worse than a potentially good season getting derailed by injuries, packers fans would know

danny woodhead was a huge part of the offense. yanda is arguably their best player and maybe the best guard in the nfl. alex lewis was one of their best rookies last year. tavon young was their slot cb and again one of their best rookies from last year. i think there are more big ones but it escapes me right now. thats 4 high level starters, not to mention losing an entire side of the ball's worth of players and then some is a massive blow regardless of how many standouts are hurt

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

marshall yanda is not a minor player

also hes not on ir but brandon williams is hurt for an indeterminate amount of time. hes maybe their best defender.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Denis Pitta was our #1 TE and top receiver last year. If you include Urschel we lost 4 starting o-linemen.

oh yeah i forgot about pitta. and yes i include urschel as a huge loss, but we were talking specifically about IR players and he just retired out of the blue

zach orr was the ravens leading tackler last year as well. he had some weird spine injury that was found in the offseason and was forced into medical retirement as well

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

when joe wins the superbowl and gets into the hof its gonna own

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if i was a jags fan i would love the poo poo out of that fake. the ravens have fake punted/fg'd up a billion on lovely teams like the raiders and it loving ruled.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

nerve posted:

dont do this to yourself. the ravens have already been very good to you.

?? yeah i know i constantly post about how great it is to be a fan of a good team and that we have been incredibly spoiled. did you respond to the wrong person

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Blarfk posted:

If you're not gonna clown on busted scrub teams you're in the middle of dominating why even play sports

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

nerve posted:

i just personally, in my opinion, find it highly unlikely that Joe Flacco will approach the Hall of Fame

well its ok 2 be wrong and an idiot

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

this current ravens team is basically entirely replaced from the team that won the superbowl. if thats your take it would be more accurate to say they never had a window

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah the last SB team was basically the team sneaking under the window as it was about to close like some sort of thriller movie scene.

yeah 2011 was when their window of contention closed they just rode drugs murder and cheating to winning with a bad team it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

This is fantasy. The Browns are still a mess from what I have witnessed.

well also that hes about 5 years late? they already did a full rebuild. next post will be about how ed reed and ray lewis need to retire and that todd heap isnt that good

• Locked thread