Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I am glad, that the Guruguru is continuing.

Other than that, I'll probably watch all of the good sequels and hope I still have time to check out a bunch of the new shows. This loving season is probably not going to do healthy things to my backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Super excited for Kino no Tabi and Ancient Magus Bride. I'll probably wait for reviews before starting anything else.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Julias posted:

:siren:March Comes in Like a Lion Season 2 (3-gatsu no Lion 2)

:siren:Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - the Animated Series (Kino's Journey: The Beautiful World)

Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau (Children of the Whales )

:siren:Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season

:siren:Mahoutsukai no Yome (The Ancient Magus' Bride)

:siren:Osomatsu-san 2 (Mr. Osomatsu 2)

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou (Girls' Last Tour)

Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara

Ballroom e Youkoso (Welcome to the Ballroom) - Thread

I'm watching all of these for sure. Packed season, looks great!

Other things that look potentially interesting are the Old Dude Robot Hero thing, the Netoge NEET lady, and hot springs fox girls slice of life, but I can't tell how good or trash they'll be from the PVs so I'll hold off unless people are saying good things about them after a few episodes. Old Dude Hero anime at least looks like the animation will be very pretty.

Someday I'll get around to watching the first season of BBB . . .

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh and though I don't know if I'll watch it I'm sure Ancient Magus Bride will be great, I'm just so much more invested in the current manga arc to want to start over w/ an anime.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Ancient Magus Bride is going to be great but I'm not going to watch it since it's just going to be adapting manga chapters I've already read.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's basically where I'm at with Ancient Magus Bride, I do want to see the characters in motion but I dunno if I'll commit to the show right now. Maybe later after it's all out.

Definitely watching:
Hoozuki no Reitetsu 2nd Season :toot:
Kekkai Sensen & Beyond

Gonna check out:
Houseki no Kuni
Kino's Journey

I want to keep my list short this season since I have a ton of other stuff to finish watching already.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

early start

https://my.mixtape.moe/lwttom.webm
https://my.mixtape.moe/rsxyhl.webm

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

As long as the Magician's Bride is top quality I'll be satisfied with the season

Land of the Lustrous looks really good too, Jouji being the monk is fantastic as well.

Couple of other fun shows too but those two are my most anticipated

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
is that the blade runner anime?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'll be watching Yuki Yuna. At least the back half anyway.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Man, it's going to be weird going into a season without Nobunaga no Shinobi. On the other hand, more idols, more Kino, and more Yuuki Yuuna.

Ancient Magus Bride and Urahara also look pretty good.

Everything Burrito posted:

I want to keep my list short this season since I have a ton of other stuff to finish watching already.

Man, if I had a dollar for every season I told myself that...

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Was Yuuki Yuuna the show where they become magical girls, and it turns out to suck, and it also turns out the entire universe outside their city was destroyed, and the thread kept arguing over whether it was apologia for Imperial Japan in WWII? I didn't see a lot of room for sequels in that one.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

is that the blade runner anime?

yes

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh yeah Ancient Magnus Bride, I've heard a ton of talk about and still dunno what it is, wanna see that too.

Lotta anime this season!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I had no idea March Comes like a Lion was this season, sweet!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rangpur posted:

Was Yuuki Yuuna the show where they become magical girls, and it turns out to suck, and it also turns out the entire universe outside their city was destroyed, and the thread kept arguing over whether it was apologia for Imperial Japan in WWII? I didn't see a lot of room for sequels in that one.

Yeah, it was that one. There was a LN chapter that took place after the series explaining that they're changing the whole hero system, and then another full fledged LN is coming that they've established a sentinel corps to ready for an offensive.

So yeah, there's room for a sequel.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I liked the First Season of Yuuki Yuuna. Have not seen or read literally any of the side stories / movies / whatever. Are they cool?

I re-watched MadoMagi Rebellion recently, and Mami vs Homura has made me unsure that any other Magical Girl show is going to make me feel the way again (not even Symphogear :eng99:)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Osomatsu 2 ftw

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Wark Say posted:

I liked the First Season of Yuuki Yuuna. Have not seen or read literally any of the side stories / movies / whatever. Are they cool?

The Washio Sumi prequels that have come out earlier this year are pretty good, (slight spoilers for first season of YYY) but since you know how Sumi ends up from the first season of Yuuki Yuuna it's a heavy watch too. You know it's going to end in tragedy.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Smoking Crow posted:

My most anticipated show of fall 2017 is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Vento Aureo announcement

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the season of the idol

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I was trying to make a list but I couldn't. There's just so much stuff. So much. I'm very eager to see if how the CG shows look (please let Infini-T actually be good), if the garbage pantsu comedies are good (there are a few from previously good ones creators!), if all the sequels are as great as they should be, if Food Wars has an actual story arc this season, if Osomatsu has another episode that has to be redacted, if the alcoholism show is an enabler, will Children of the Whales be the most unpleasant overly-dramatic poo poo ever, etc.

Also pre-emptive blind pick of Net-juu as best show of the season.

Lunatic Crossing
Jan 21, 2007
March Lion S2, Osomatsu S2, Shokugeki S3 and Ancient Magus Bride are all locks. Plus one or two seasonal surprises, most likely. Will continue watching Ballroom and Fate/Apocrypha.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Wasn't there supposed to be a pop team epic anime this season. That's what I'm all about, hope it still happens. Cheers to you all

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it keeps getting delayed. i'm assuming that they keep making and remaking the entire show but can't air any of it because it is too good for people to handle.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
A lean season for me.

Watching:
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Mahoutsukai no Yome
Kino no Tabi

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
I'm so glad Hoozuki no Reitetsu is getting a second season! I didn't think it would! <3

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If Sunshine season 2 keeps up the trend of each subsequent Love Live season improving greatly on the one before it it'll probably be AoTY, if it stays of similar quality then it'll be just a really good and fun show. I'm looking forward to it.

Also, from what I understand Kino's Journey isn't like a continuation of the previous series (which didn't really have a big connected serialised story anyway or so i've heard?) so if I don't check out the earlier show I won't be missing anything will I.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
You should, because it's fantastic.

But no, Kino was pretty episodic and afaik this sequel will presumably be the same

Knorth fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Sep 27, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Also if there was anyone other than me who was interested, I was told by the very reliable source of 'some random person in a comment section' that Shiyan Pin Jiating, the neat sounding show about a family of genetic experiments trying to live a normal life, had been delayed til next season

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Knorth posted:

the neat sounding show about a family of genetic experiments trying to live a normal life

i didn't know i wanted this until right now

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If Sunshine season 2 keeps up the trend of each subsequent Love Live season improving greatly on the one before it it'll probably be AoTY, if it stays of similar quality then it'll be just a really good and fun show. I'm looking forward to it.

Also, from what I understand Kino's Journey isn't like a continuation of the previous series (which didn't really have a big connected serialised story anyway or so i've heard?) so if I don't check out the earlier show I won't be missing anything will I.

if you don't check out the first kino you'll be missing out on a great anime, but in terms of any plot/character stuff you'll be fine. the original author has said in interviews that this new series will cover some of the same stories from the older one, while also adapting others that haven't been animated.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVgHN8cfy1I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qncRbprBFdE

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

The_White_Crane posted:

I'm so glad Hoozuki no Reitetsu is getting a second season! I didn't think it would! <3

I stumbled on Hozuki no Reitetsu blindly on CR and was pleasantly surprised, so I'm also quite happy to see it coming back.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sequels on Lock
Shokugeki no Souma
Kino no Tabi
Live Live!
Umarau-chan
YuYuYu
Cindarella Girls

New Series Watching
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Blend-S
Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken
Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte Kara

New Series For 3Ep Test
URAHARA
Two Car
Imouto sae Ireba Ii.
Anime-Gataris

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ill watch My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Bitch, A Sister's All You Need and Pingu in the City

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that has to be the grossest possible way of describing a gf with a healthy interest in sex.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that has to be the grossest possible way of describing a gf with a healthy interest in sex.

It's also hilarious and probably not what you're thinking.

(Unless you were referring to A Sister's All You Need, in which case, yes, I agree)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The new dirty jokes show is basically Seitokai Yakuindomo, but without Hata so not as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

license announcements are starting to roll out

Crunchyroll/Funimation:
Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond
Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season
A Sister's All You Need
King's Game
KONOHANA KITAN
Code:Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~
Anime-Gataris
Gintama Porori Arc
Digimon tri 4

Sentai, who does all the heavy lifting of getting licenses only to squander them on AnimeShiteAnimeStrike:
Land of the Lustrous
Girls' Last Tour
Umaru S2

• Locked thread