Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Srice posted:

I feel like it's just that these days there have been more and more decent shows not getting a thread of their own, that's all.
Did Anime-Gataris ever get its own thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Oh well, there's a regular thread on /m/ so I can probably get any questions or discussion that comes to mind off my mind there I guess.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
as someone who has made threads for some decent but not great and little talked about shows for the last two seasons i will say

Make A Thread

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Did Anime-Gataris ever get its own thread?

Not afaik. I hoped on the animegataris train late otherwise I would have.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

as someone who has made threads for some decent but not great and little talked about shows for the last two seasons i will say

Make A Thread

Yeah this. It doesn't need to be fancy just grab some promo art and a synopsis and you're all good. If people wanna talk about the show they'll talk regardless of OP quality.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the garo anime and garo toku shows are separate continuities afaik, and i don't think the anime is meant to have internal continuity either. given the first series took a long while to get any sort of footing, and ultimately it only delivered a well-executed hero's journey, it doesn't surprise me that it kinda lacks a long-term presence here. crimson moon was a production garbage fire that probably would've killed a thread anyway.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

Rakugo not even cracking the top ten was the biggest snub of last year's vote.

a show about adults and its not even cute? yeah no chance

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
lol if you didn't think the Rakugo characters were cute

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Knorth posted:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Srice posted:

Not afaik. I hoped on the animegataris train late otherwise I would have.

I feel like this was the case for everyone. I hopped on at episode 8 I think.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yotaro is moe AF

And just... :kimchi:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Knorth posted:

Thisthisthis. Also Rakugo is a pretty neat art form to listen to

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Srice posted:

Yeah this. It doesn't need to be fancy just grab some promo art and a synopsis and you're all good. If people wanna talk about the show they'll talk regardless of OP quality.
yeah yeah

all of my OPs have been me typing out the summaries like I'm a drunk hypeman and then whatever pictures I can find that have decent recent resolution

It's easy! the hardest part is making your fun thread title and thread tag

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Srice posted:

When are you going to make the thread for Night is Short and Lulu Srice?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

When are you going to make the thread for Night is Short and Lulu Srice?

Ack!!

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
How close was Joshiraku to actual Rakugo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Perhaps we should bring back the three episode rule for threads....

kater
Nov 16, 2010

No thats dumb also Animagatari had a really bad ep 4 so fuuuuuuuuuck it.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Ehh, I'm fine with the baseline of if someone cares strongly enough, they'll make a thread. Just Because and Animegatari are the good shows for me this season that didn't get threads, though admittedly Animegatari was just odd since even after 3 episodes, you still weren't sure about what it was, and it joked about the 3 episode test anyways.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
sometimes you Just Post and then no one else (except lemon!) watches urahara

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Urahara is in my catch up folder, along with Magus Bride and Two Car

And Just Because and Shokugeki

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Been slowly catching up on Vanishing Line, actually, and I’m not sure how intentional it is (as opposed to just a natural consequence of the show’s tits-and-explosions aesthetic), but Sophie seems to be coded as gay as hell. Like, the kid doesn’t even react to an attractive man (other than treating Sword in particular as a slightly annoying older brother), but put her in a room with an attractive woman and she’ll be blushing, stuttering, and eyeballing their cleavage.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
And March Lion and Whale Kids and Konohana

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sakurazuka posted:

Nah

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The whole point of that was to get people to make threads instead of just posting about stuff here, of course that was back when there were more than ten regular posters....

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
most of the discussion was dogsicle posting Sword beefcake for me in discord

think of the potential we missed out on by not having a thread

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I don't think it's really that big a deal if there are some shows not enough people care enough about to make a thread for. I enjoy reading about them in the season thread.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Allarion posted:

Ehh, I'm fine with the baseline of if someone cares strongly enough, they'll make a thread. Just Because and Animegatari are the good shows for me this season that didn't get threads, though admittedly Animegatari was just odd since even after 3 episodes, you still weren't sure about what it was, and it joked about the 3 episode test anyways.

Is there a point where it's too late to make a thread? I had thought about making one for Just Because, though at that point it was at the 7th episode. Wasn't sure if it was worth it. Although I guess that still could've been like ten weeks of discussion.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Agronox posted:

Is there a point where it's too late to make a thread? I had thought about making one for Just Because, though at that point it was at the 7th episode. Wasn't sure if it was worth it. Although I guess that still could've been like ten weeks of discussion.

:justpost:

Sakurazuka posted:

When I am mod.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
You did it, Anime-gataris, you stuck the landing. What a fun, weird, meta show.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eela6 posted:

You did it, Anime-gataris, you stuck the landing. What a fun, weird, meta show.

Would you say it's... a christmas miracle?

I don't regret that dumb joke one bit. Nope! Never-ever!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Agronox posted:

Yes, if you make a thread 43278901469420 seconds after the first episode has aired the Forums police will come to your house and burn it down, never make threads for old things

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Namtab posted:

:justpost:

When I am mod.

I'd be down for this because it sucks being spoiled by discussion on shows I'd potentially watch, which happens far more often than people marketing/convincing others to watch a show.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

AnacondaHL posted:

I'd be down for this because it sucks being spoiled by discussion on shows I'd potentially watch, which happens far more often than people marketing/convincing others to watch a show.

I guess I could addendum into the OPs to spoiler-tag any discussion of a show past episode three outside of a dedicated thread, though I kinda felt this was always the generally understood consensus when it came to spoilers.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you can now vote for your fave animes of this excellent year https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3844642

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Anime-gataris was an absolutely brilliant show. It's a shame it'll probably be overlooked for the most part due to its slow build and meta writing.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Nerds love meta stuff! I didn't care for its finale at all though, it was devoid of everything I liked about the show so having that hang over me when I think about the show makes it a downer.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

There Bias Two posted:

Anime-gataris was an absolutely brilliant show. It's a shame it'll probably be overlooked for the most part due to its slow build and meta writing.

I watched the first episode the other night after seeing it mentioned a few times here and it seemed like an inferior version of Gamers! frankly, including having the perfect school idol turn out to be a bit silly. I'll watch more of it at some point, but the first episode didn't leave enough of an impression that I'm racing to see more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

tsob posted:

I watched the first episode the other night after seeing it mentioned a few times here and it seemed like an inferior version of Gamers! frankly, including having the perfect school idol turn out to be a bit silly. I'll watch more of it at some point, but the first episode didn't leave enough of an impression that I'm racing to see more.

It's a slow build. It plays the story pretty straight for about half its run.

• Locked thread