Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou sounds really interesting, but the character design is so blagh, I dunno if I can ignore it enough to get into the show. Weird blobby heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The blob must feed!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gawain The Blind posted:

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou sounds really interesting, but the character design is so blagh, I dunno if I can ignore it enough to get into the show. Weird blobby heads.

The number of characters that show up could be counted on one hand. The surroundings and the atmosphere are where the bulk of the design work goes and should be the focus of attention.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

VostokProgram posted:

i just had a terrifying thought. what if the jj your name movie gets scored by hans zimmer
Eh. :geno:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Gawain The Blind posted:

b/t this and made in abyss the big blob heads are the future of anime character design buddy

its the next step in evolution from whatever damage k-on did

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Homura and Sickle posted:

b/t this and made in abyss the big blob heads are the future of anime character design buddy

I'm glad.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
https://twitter.com/nise_shi/status/913208521855877120

https://twitter.com/nise_shi/status/913208757907218432

https://twitter.com/nise_shi/status/913209723842732032

https://twitter.com/nise_shi/status/913210702948573184

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pingu what the gently caress

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
https://twitter.com/nise_shi/status/913275385600557056

cc jj abrams make the movie into this

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the character designs in shoujo shuumatsu ryokou are cool

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
No clue what to watch.
I'll probably pick up shows from last season and maybe umaru

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Waffleman_ posted:

And there's no guarantee that this is actually going to really get off the ground. I mean, WB's been trying to make Akira for over 10 years.

On the other hand, James Cameron's adaptation of Battle Angel Alita is allegedly due out next summer.

So long-delayed never gonna happen adaptations sometimes materialize. Maybe.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

OVERLORD SEASON 2 ANNOUNCED FOR WINTER 2018 BY MADHOUSE

WHERE'S MY SOUL :psyboom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpbZW07z-Zk

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Awesome. I like to binge shows, So i'll probably watch Overlord in spring

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

more Amazon licenses from Sentai:
Just Because!
My Girlfriend is Shobitch (so much for the good title that leaked earlier)

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

dogsicle posted:

more Amazon licenses from Sentai:
Just Because!

I, for one, am impressed the translator managed to continue with the project after the stroke

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Shobitch, the Shogun of Harlem.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No big loss for Just Because, that synopsis is probably the most generic, driest thing I've ever seen.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

No big loss for Just Because, that synopsis is probably the most generic, driest thing I've ever seen.

it's definitely​ hard to get excited about it, but iirc tsuki ga kirei seemed similarly bland and turned out to be a nice coming of age romance.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Homura and Sickle posted:

K-on did no damage

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm interested in just because, though I forget the specific reasons why

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Allarion posted:

Would you say you're interested....Just Because?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Sefal posted:

Awesome. I like to binge shows, So i'll probably watch Overlord in spring

I mean it's either that or don't.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

AnoHito posted:

Would you say you're interested....Just Because?

:argh:

But yeah, it's an original work, so unknown quantities are good. I end up dodging a lot of adaptations cause I already read them

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/913479482832412672

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

curious whether Viz gave sole streaming rights to CR, or if they'll push it to other streaming services

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry if this is from last season, but since the Summer Thread is closed, I'll post it here: Due to the heavy rain, I couldn't sleep, so I binged through the 2nd half of Classroom of the Elite. I don't think I actually watched episode 11 and 12 before actually falling asleep due to its offensive blandness. To cleanse my palate after waking up today, I started re-watching My Bride is a Mermaid. Which I wholeheartedly recommend you guys do.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thats some classic anime

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
All I know about Classroom of the Elite is that my friends recommended it to me, saying it was "a hidden gem" of the season but none of them could explain the premise in detail or what was interesting or good about it and it left me :thunk: This isn't passing judgement but it was crazy how despite my questions, these guys could not tell me anything concrete.

the uniforms keep reminding me of kakegurui

e: I'm gonna get back to Eccentric Family cause I loved that a lot despite only watching like six episodes and then rewatch March Lion to let this Season get further underway

have fun watching anime everyone

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm very confused about what classroom of the elite is because it got featured in a sakuga reel for some intense hand-to-hand combat in a rainy forest

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Moltrey posted:

e: I'm gonna get back to Eccentric Family cause I loved that a lot despite only watching like six episodes and then rewatch March Lion to let this Season get further underway
a good choice

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
my most anticipated thing this season is the soundtrack to blood blockade battlefront & beyond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN5y2gwTc1U

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Allarion posted:

I'm interested because I'm pretty sure the Tawawa on Monday guy was involved in the character designs and I like his art. I actually have no idea what the show will look like or be about besides that, but I'm not expecting much.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

:cripes:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Colonel posted:

my most anticipated thing this season is the soundtrack to blood blockade battlefront & beyond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN5y2gwTc1U
If this season of Kekkai Sensen can go on without any stupid anime original plots, we'll be golden.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Grouchio posted:

If this season of Kekkai Sensen can go on without any stupid anime original plots, we'll be golden.

hot take but the anime original stuff in bbb owned even if it wasn't perfect and i would have liked it less if white wasn't in it because she was a really fun character who served a really interesting role in leonardo's arc

black wasn't a great villain on his own but the actual idea behind the anime original stuff in bbb was fine and led to some great scenes

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 28, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Davincie posted:

thats some classic anime
My Bride is a Mermaid is legit one of my fave comedy anime.

dogsicle posted:

I'm very confused about what classroom of the elite is because it got featured in a sakuga reel for some intense hand-to-hand combat in a rainy forest
dogsicle: In Episode 11, there's a fight between the Female MC and a girl from a different class. While there's a reason for the whole scrap, the fight itself and the surprisingly fluid action is hilariously / completely unrepresentative from the rest of the show.

Moltrey posted:

All I know about Classroom of the Elite is that my friends recommended it to me, saying it was "a hidden gem" of the season but none of them could explain the premise in detail or what was interesting or good about it and it left me :thunk: This isn't passing judgement but it was crazy how despite my questions, these guys could not tell me anything concrete.

the uniforms keep reminding me of kakegurui

have fun watching anime everyone
I said it (or something like that) in the Summer thread: The premise is basically as if Oregairu and BakaTest had a baby, and at a glance, that seems ok. Sadly, said baby then grows up watching stuff like SAO or the Irregular at Magic High School and thinking "YES, THIS IS THE BE-ALL-END-ALL OF ANIME".

But seriously, it's an incredibly mediocre anime.

e: Grammar.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 28, 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Colonel posted:

hot take but the anime original stuff in bbb owned even if it wasn't perfect and i would have liked it less if white wasn't in it
I see. The penultimate episode just didn't sit well with me and it took over six months for the excellent final episode to wrap things up.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the penultimate episode was great, imo. i actually liked it better than the finale, it might have been a bit odd next to the rest of the show but i really liked how it was directed

anyway this season probably won't have anything like that and if it does it won't be in the same style, the manga's already ended and the anime-original side of bbb was very much rie matsumoto's thing in how it was put together, though who knows if it was her idea or a decision by BONES

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
A title that definitely makes sense and is understandable

• Locked thread