Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Nate RFB posted:

March Lion S2, which hopefully will cover the arcs I think it will. If so it will be one of the best shows in years.
It will, and it's gonna wring my face dry.

Among adaptations, I'm most interested in The Ancient Magus' Bride, Girls' Last Tour, Land of the Lustrous, and Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara. May attempt to catch up with Hoozuki no Reitetsu in time for its second season. Probably will also give Two Car a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Nate RFB posted:

I think that arc was a given given the proximity to where S1 ended, but I was also thinking of the arc dealing with the Kawamoto sister's shitbag father entering the picture. There is some imagery used during it that is just haunting.
I think we're gonna stop just short of SPOILER unless Shaft wants to accelerate the adaptation for S2.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Moltrey posted:

For sure but I trust a woman writer to handle a story about a 16 year old previously enslaved bride to a big skull man way more than I do than a male writer

Just in my imo
Nowadays, I'm more inclined to read anime/manga romance by a woman instead of man, if only because it isn't the 66347th iteration of some moron herbivore hanging around 16-year-old supermodels with absurdly exaggerated secondary sexual characteristics, but I do occasionally remind myself that bunny drop and kodomo no jikan were written by women.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
When it no longer runs in Kodansha's Monthly Shonen Magazine and moves to somewhere like Be Love or something

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I think kater is talking about the arc centered on Shimada, which had more shogi and less of the Kawamotos.

• Locked thread