Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Having just started Garo: Vanishing Line is there really no thread for it, or for the Garo franchise given that it seems to basically be continuous? Was it just not popular enough to sustain conversation or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Julias posted:

Garo started as a tokusatsu series, and has had a few sequels since.

I'm aware. I've seen several of the tokusatsu shows and considered asking this in the the toku thread for that reason. I fell off over time since some of the sequels weren't that great but I hear Vanishing Line and the original anime are good so I'm jumping back in. I'm just curious if it's that unpopular or something? It presumably could have it's own separate thread since some of the older toku shows did if I recall and I'm pretty sure the first anime season did too.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Oh well, there's a regular thread on /m/ so I can probably get any questions or discussion that comes to mind off my mind there I guess.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

There Bias Two posted:

Anime-gataris was an absolutely brilliant show. It's a shame it'll probably be overlooked for the most part due to its slow build and meta writing.

I watched the first episode the other night after seeing it mentioned a few times here and it seemed like an inferior version of Gamers! frankly, including having the perfect school idol turn out to be a bit silly. I'll watch more of it at some point, but the first episode didn't leave enough of an impression that I'm racing to see more.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

dogsicle posted:

isn't gamers a romcom? animegataris is pretty solidly a show about anime fandom

Pretty much yea, though I didn't really care about the romance element much to be honest. Still, it did a good job investing you in to the love lives of a bunch of silly teenagers. I meant it more in that they're both comedies about fandom with similar school club premises and even some similarities in the characters.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Which doesn't stop inevitable comparison between things using that generic premise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Well, I haven't gotten beyond episode one in Anime-gataris yet, so I don't really know anything about it going off in a different direction. As is, it just seems like a decent, but not great comedy about anime fans and fandom set in a high school club. I'll try at least a few more episodes, but I finally started Gintama last night and I'm prefer to watch more of that really.

• Locked thread