Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The first episode of Black Clover was super underwhelming. The protagonist is irritating to listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nullset posted:

Man, I bet the owners of the annoying parrot who voices Black Clover's main character are super proud. They must have trained him for ages.

Apparently this is the general consensus. They could not have picked a more irritating VA to do the main character. It was a terrible decision on their part.

He sounds less energetic and rambunctious and more like someone dropped him on his head way too much as an infant.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sorry if this has been posted already, but this VA is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/nise_shi/status/914976861041565696

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lemon-Lime posted:

You can make 99% of proper cocktails at home, you just need to own a handful of common spirits and mixers. Just adding milk to whisky or Kahlua isn't making cocktails. :v:

Sometimes, when I'm feeling adventurous, I just drink milk straight without any whisky at all.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

chumbler posted:

Does the train wreck in Kabaneri?

Oh god I forgot about that show. Completely.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Houseki no Kuni drew me in immediately. It seems so alien and strange.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nice try

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Grouchio posted:

Holy poo poo this season's solid.

Welp you heard it here folks, everything sucks.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Droyer posted:

Nice freudian slip

Just how I like my women: Made of precious minerals and completely removed from anything resembling an actual human.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hargrimm posted:

How are the fanservice levels? I've heard it's a bit more gratuitous than is even justified by the onsen setting. I like a good relaxing cozy show, but sudden-onset fanservice really harshes my mellow.

It's pretty fanservicey.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

dogsicle posted:

i don't remember the details well enough to be sure but i'm going to assume this is when they killed the giant naked woman made of naked women

Is it like....a fractal?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

kater posted:

King's Game reminds me of The Lost Village from a year or so ago. Never finished that, did it turn out cool? Last I remembered was the main character running away from a Macy's Parade float, which sounds pretty cool to me.

King's Game sucks.

I've forgotten how it ended, but I think it was really dumb.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Everything Burrito posted:

I'm not sure you actually know what a wet blanket is.

She's very much not a wet blanket.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

rincewind101 posted:

dunno! we've only met like 7 or 8 of the 26 minerals at this point and I refuse to look anything about this series up

I'm looking forward to meeting talc if she exists.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nitrousoxide posted:

Is Ancient Magus' Bride good?

The premise of some horse skull demon buying a young kid to be his child bride does not seem like a good show to jump on but it seems to be rated pretty highly.

The premise is handled well so far as far as I can tell.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wow, this is gorgeous!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Is the whale show good? It looks like it might be

I like it so far. It's moving at a much faster pace than I expected at first.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ViggyNash posted:

Man, Girls last tour and Just Because really mellow you out... some of the most wonderfully relaxing stuff since Non Non Biyori or Barakamon.

Girls Last Tour is not a relaxing show for me. I think there's a constant undercurrent of tension much of the time.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Spiritus Nox posted:

I might be dropping Land Of The Lustrous. It's incredibly pretty and all, but the moment to moment flow of the show seems to run on weird moon-logic and I'm having a really hard time grounding myself in any of the characters or finding any sort of baseline rules about how life in this setting is even supposed to work. Like, this whole episode went in a big circle where I initally thought they were going to scrape Phos out of those big glowing Phos-colored cracks in the snail shell that Dia explicitly notices and uses to fight the snail, but then they wave it off with "Welp there's nothing in the shell", but then Cinnabar basically says "did you check the shell" and they go back to what I assumed they were going to do 20 minutes ago.

Just a really...odd show.

I think it was mostly that they didn't care all that much. They aren't human and they found her to be particularly annoying. It feels like an alien show and that's the draw for me.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Qwertycoatl posted:

I'm not dropping it but I was a bit disappointed by the latest episode. There was too much of soldiers standing around waiting for people to do things, and the sort of story I thought it was really didn't need a genocide-happy psycho, much as I generally enjoy that type of character.

That character doesn't make sense to me given the fact that they're supposed to be emotionally subdued. They definitely could have sped up the pace substantially and moved the story forward by 5 or 10 minutes. I don't feel there was anything to gain by drawing the moment out so much.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I lost interest in guruguru from episode 1. Is there something I'm missing?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Eela6 posted:

I didn't know what that is! I was proudly anime-free 2005-2015

It roped me back in too, friend. They got me too...

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nate RFB posted:

This is why I always, always recommend the FMA manga over Brotherhood. It is a far superior story overall to the original, but the manner in which it rushes through those first 20 or so episodes to get through the first few arcs was beyond the pale.

I hated the main villain and much preferred the 2003 version.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Their security has been compromised somehow?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I thought it had a thread, but it seems to have vanished.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Next season looks like mostly crap. I'm watching something like 10 shows this season, but I don't think that momentum will last into next.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Homura and Sickle posted:

violet evergarden is gonna be good, i have hopes for yuru camp and the trigger show but other than that not too much. we'll see

also re: children of the whales i'm still liking it and my thread for it still exists but has like 10 posts. it's not the second coming of shin sekai yori (perhaps yet) but its interesting enough and very pretty so i'm keeping up with it.

How many eps are we looking at? Because I feel like it's still just starting to ramp up.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

kater posted:

Is that a sequel to the other seven deadly sins? Dope dope dope. That and another season long single race of bicycling, can't wait.

Wait there were two seven deadly sins?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The VA for Bulma died due to apparent illness.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Holy poo poo that is terrifying. Your aorta just tears.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Land of the Lustrous

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mirage posted:

Demi-Chan wa Kataritai was this year too, if anyone needed any more options.

That's definitely my favorite of the year.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Eela6 posted:

I somehow forgot about that! Man, what a great show. I discovered that show at an extremely appropros time. I was going through a rough patch, adjusting to the fact that I am and will likely remain disabled for the rest of my life.

The show' s handling of those issues (and it's basic cuteness!) were sorely appreciated.

Don't worry friend, no matter what they tell you, liking anime your entire life is not a disability.

Seriously though, if you need to talk about those issues, I have experience with it and would be happy to lend an ear.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Eela6 posted:

This sort of industry talk and scuttlebutt is fascinating to me! I wouldn't have anything to contribute but I would love to read such a thread.

Maybe someone should start the Anime Industry thread then?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This is gonna be worse than ghost in the shell calling it now.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

There Bias Two posted:

This is gonna be worse than ghost in the shell calling it now.

Honestly, that was worse than I imagined when I made that last post.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Grouchio posted:

Reminds me of Grimgar serving as a cash cow for one band's work.

That brings back memories of those slide show sequences set to music.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Awww poo poo. RIP.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ninjewtsu posted:

a show where each episode is written by a different writer, in the style of the game "telephone"

Space Dandy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Anime-gataris was an absolutely brilliant show. It's a shame it'll probably be overlooked for the most part due to its slow build and meta writing.

• Locked thread