Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Juuni Taisen is quite some edge indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

which show this season will be the deconstruction of a trainwreck

Neo Yokio.

I cannot tell if I'm being ironic or not.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

dogsicle posted:

i'm gonna recommend everyone watch the first 90 seconds of the imouto show

It's been a while since I've rated a show 1/10, mostly for being a nice guy and being much better able to avoid bad shows.

I have rated this show a 1/10.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Animegataris gets a special pre-emptive "shows without threads" review for taking itself a little too seriously and relying too heavily on referential humor, so it all feels kinda flat, and gets a drop from me. Also if I wanted to read bickering between anime-only watchers and original media snobs I could just read threads in this subforum :v:

Thanks atleast for this

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Something just doesn't make sense about the Netflix Tiger&Bunny thing.

If the corporate sponsors paid for the spots, and Netflix edited them out, shouldn't they be pissed?

Or, if Netflix was allowed to edit them out, how the gently caress did they not jump on the opportunity to replace them? Like cut a deal to slap some Mickey D's arches on that poo poo instead of Softbank, and other more "target demographic relevant" sponsors?

Something just doesn't add up here.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

Watched the first episode of Blend-S. It kind of creeped me out. Don't think I'll pick this one up.

Nah, it's just her eyes that are scary, she's really a nice girl!

But for real tho, Blend-S more like Bland-S

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

oh, so that's what happened to the flip flappers girls

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

a kitten posted:

That

That is some nice looking animation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcgxyvX1rVU

and sounds like a bunch of tracks leftover from Sound Euphonium!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Fall season early impressions roundup of shows without threads:

Drunk Wife - Cute, but kinda bland.

Code:Realize - I don't even remember the premise, it had that little impact.

Blend-S - I'm probably going to drop this 3 episodes too late, but watching for now. Also, this meme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jp3UjNNpSU

TWOCAR - There has to be a name for what this is, because it isn't CGDCT, and it's not the first to do it. I'll call it: Cute Girls Showcasing A Thing Inexplicably, so CGSATI. It appears I'm not fond of CGSATI shows. Anyways, as if the world needed a Bakuon clone, but here we are.

Just Because - Pine Jam is doing ok so far, but man I wish this show were made by KyoAni. Can't wait to see the wheels fall off.

My Girlfriend is Shobitch - gently caress you.

Shokugeki no Souma 3 - It's more Shokugeki no Souma. There are less food orgasms this time around, but I feel like I'm about to eat those words.

A Sister is All You Need - gently caress YOOOOUUU.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

kater posted:

Apparently if you survive more than seven seconds into this show it goes to absolutely insane places before revealing itself to be the main character's draft of an anime or something. The show is probably still trash, but I kind of respect the... willingness to make people run away screaming?

I watched the entire first episode. I am additionally disgusted by the rest of it, and the simple projection of what the show is doing and what it wants to be.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

a kitten posted:

Hey i've been slacking on starting Ancient Magus' Bride. Do i start with those OAVs on crunchyroll first, or start with the regular episodes and come back to them?

OVAs after ep1, imo

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

If anyone is curious and/or is still watching the show, this week (ep 05) is when Just Because starts unraveling at the seams as foretold by those earlier reports of production woes.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Sindai posted:

I hope someone gifs it

A few notes:

- These are cherry-picked examples, but not in the malicious way of making a joke at the expense of the animators. There are just too many scenes to choose from.
- None of the screenshots are in-betweeners. These are all lingering shots.
- All of these had the main characters moving at 8fps, I didn't cut/reduce the framerate when gifing them.
- The hands :gonk: oh god the hands, I remember now why I don't make as many anime gifs as I used to

As you keep watching this on loop, it just gets sadder and sadder the more you notice.

Clapping loops on the right were 12 fps, left animation was 8 fps

It's just a still shot of food, how can you make it look so unappetizing?!?!

By episode 07 I expect a response to this request would be to just link a webm of the entire episode.

The sad part is, the show is good in many other ways. The dialogue and story move at a nice non-lingering pace, the shot composition is fantastic, the characters are interesting and likeable even through their teenage brooding, nothing wrong with the sound or music or voice acting. They just bit off more than they could chew, and I sympathize with them.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i reject the english sailor moon opening. the only opening i know is mirakuru romansuthe german dub 90s AF techno OP

https://youtu.be/NCC_-1gVE5Q

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

All I know is that the 2017 voting thread is going to be wildly more diverse than ever before

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Anime Cultural Phenomenon of the Year goes to Kemono Friends

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

The late starter show 10 cm apart is a really traditional cringe romance drama, for anyone looking for double the quality of Just Because.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Winter Season 2018: Only discuss animes within my "watching range"

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Oh no... where is the AotY 2017 thread :ohdear:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Namtab posted:

:justpost:

When I am mod.

I'd be down for this because it sucks being spoiled by discussion on shows I'd potentially watch, which happens far more often than people marketing/convincing others to watch a show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Well Just Because ended, not too much notable other than the audio black hole used in the very last post credits scene which was done pretty well, but overall I think anime (i.e. not KyoAni) was the wrong medium for this show.

• Locked thread