Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm interested in just because, though I forget the specific reasons why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

AnoHito posted:

Would you say you're interested....Just Because?

:argh:

But yeah, it's an original work, so unknown quantities are good. I end up dodging a lot of adaptations cause I already read them

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Lame, so many anime I plan on watching headed to Strike

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

The Colonel posted:

haha good one grouchio now on to our next topic; who's excited to watch classicaloid season 2

Me yes. Underrated hit from last winter that got better in its 2nd half. Hell I made the post about oh poo poo 2nd season when the last episode ended with a bumper for the 2nd season.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I don't remember where I made that post but I found the screenshot I used anyways

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It seems like the obvious thing to do when there's only 12 episodes and 12 members of the Zodiac fighting it out. Should be interesting what they'll do for Snake

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also since Katanagatari did a similar thing with an episode for each sword

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

chumbler posted:

I want them to talk put their differences and end on neutral or friendly terms.

Monkey is probably the most hosed up one outta them all!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
[quote="“Strange Quark”" post="“477063144”"]
whats this now
[/quote]

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Slightly spoilerish since the anime hasn't labeled everyone yet (like how the boar kills in abundance and the rabbit kills strangely), but the manga labels her as

That said, the labels aren't fully literal either, so we'll see where monkey ends up.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Wark Say posted:

Thanks for putting that behind spoilers, Allarion. I've been trying to steer clear from spoilers for the past few months.

Well it's from chapter 1 of the manga, so it's just the anime spacing out information at its own pace. Tempted to pick up the novel though, just cause I'm curious if the whole sister backstory was detailed in the novel or purely an anime invention. The manga just says she killed her sister without elaborating.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

dogsicle posted:

it's interesting to hear that the juuni taisen novel basically spoils every character death in the title of the chapter it happens in

The table of contents kinda spells it out if you just do process of elimination and assume the animals in the later chapters are still alive. Exception being the Snake chapter of course. Actually, kinda spoilers but I'll hide it since it'll spell it out once you notice it knowing the zodiac order or the original zodiac race story is kinda a spoiler in itself so really, the main interesting things going on is how the characters get taken out, and their backstory. The backstory wasn't fully told in episode 2, while episode 1's was expanded, so the anime will trim or expand as needed.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Can’t believe the idolators have to cut vostok down now.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Erg posted:

this season has a critical lack of magical girls, you hold no power here

Precure is eternal, you seem grossly mis-informed about this Erg!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The first episode of Just Because was decent, I'm sticking with it

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Just Because is still pretty nice and pleasant

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm still enjoying Animegatari, even though I'm still not sure what direction it's heading

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Net Junkie was cute and good!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm still liking Just Because a lot

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
They're rocks, they're not very smart rocks. Other than Cinnabar, since they have a lot of time to themselves due to not wanting to hurt anyone else by leaking mercury

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Man, Animegatari just riffing off of Love Live the last two episodes. I was half-positive the montage last week was copying love live's montage music, but the opening recap this week solidified it.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Fate/Grand Order is all of them actually, since it starts with "We just hosed with time, now everything is broken and merged"

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Endorph posted:

the anime adaptation does kind of cut some of the humor for time. plus a lot of the humor in the visual novel came from the tiger dojos, the things you got when you went down a wrong route, which obviously aren't in the anime. F/SN is a little self-serious, but the anime adaptations excise pretty much all of its sillier beats.

Fate/Zero having Tiger DojosEinzberg Consultation Rooms will always be one of the good bits of the anime. It also ends in a nice hopeful note too.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

a kitten posted:

I just can't believe like 20 years after hearing Cameron wanted to make it there's footage I've now seen with my own eyes

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

:same:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Endorph posted:

yeah the original WUG is a show for nobody, it's too gross and weird for people who like love live and idolmaster or whatever and it's too idol-y and like, bad, for people who like dramas.

Good music and choreography at least. WUG was arguably one of the best performances at Anime-expo last year when they managed to get Love Live, idolm@ster, and Walkure for their Anisong World Matsuri concert. I do feel like the the original series had some decent character beats to it once you got past the first few episodes, and that's basically the main thing holding it together once production starts falling apart. For whatever reason, the 3rd movie lacked any of that character writing and that just made it very boring to watch (the 2nd movie oddly was half of a fun movie before falling apart into drama halfway through). Beyond the Bottom is a good song though at least.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also 9/11 being a plot point was still funny as poo poo

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Ehh, I'm fine with the baseline of if someone cares strongly enough, they'll make a thread. Just Because and Animegatari are the good shows for me this season that didn't get threads, though admittedly Animegatari was just odd since even after 3 episodes, you still weren't sure about what it was, and it joked about the 3 episode test anyways.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

AnacondaHL posted:

Well Just Because ended, not too much notable other than the audio black hole used in the very last post credits scene which was done pretty well, but overall I think anime (i.e. not KyoAni) was the wrong medium for this show.

You get a sweet monorail outta it in anime form though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Oh wait, I guess it already exists in Japan. Never mind then

• Locked thread