Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Wark Say posted:

I liked the First Season of Yuuki Yuuna. Have not seen or read literally any of the side stories / movies / whatever. Are they cool?

The Washio Sumi prequels that have come out earlier this year are pretty good, (slight spoilers for first season of YYY) but since you know how Sumi ends up from the first season of Yuuki Yuuna it's a heavy watch too. You know it's going to end in tragedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Railgun is a manga written by someone else, to fill in blanks left by the main Index LN's. It still follows the same canon, but it's pretty obvious it's a different author.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Okay yes Urahara was pretty strange. But not as strange as any of that other Japanese animation (not anime) I saw earlier this evening at a screening event. So overall, Urahara made a refreshing amount of sense.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

So yes watched first episodes of Anime Gataris and Blend S, both were good fun with cute designs.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Konohana Kitan isn't working well for me, I don't particularly like the designs and mannerisms of the characters, and the constant inner-thoughts-monologues annoy me. Did like second episode of Urahara though, sure it's kind of vague but I see it wanting you to focus mainly on the style regardless, and I like that part.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

For everyone who watched Amanchu: Crunchyroll has just gotten a 13th episode of it up, probably an OVA episode of sorts. Haven't watched it yet.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, it's an OVA. Been making the rounds on the torrent sites for a while. It's pretty good! Teko's friends visit and also are literally just Akari and Aika from Aria.

It was good, including buttface cats.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

NEET MMO woman remains cute and funny on second episode, a keeper.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

:awesome:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

March Comes In like a Lion is still wonderful and sad and happy.
Btw the old thread for it is still up.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

an actual dog posted:

Phos is trying her hardest and I love her.

But Phos isn't very hard to begin with?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

I'm looking forward to meeting talc if she exists.

Sounds like a dull one.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The imouto show feels like the weirdest crossing between Eromanga-sensei and Golden Time. But it's not very good.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Please don't pack too tempting things in your lunch.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I like the waggy-tail kitty on netoge girl's coffee table.

Sorry but I think it's questionable to call a 30 year old woman "girl".

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

In rough order of enjoyment/excitement for next episode, watching: MMO junkies, Kino, Animegataris, March Lion, Just Because, Urahara, Jewels, Blend S, Girls Last Tour, Umaru, Imouto crazy, Drunk wife.
Dropped Konohana Kitan because I can't stand the sound design, don't care much for the characters, and would rather just watch Urahara.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

a kitten posted:

That

That is some nice looking animation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcgxyvX1rVU

Sounds like it's just steampunk Mahoromatic.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Yes. Anime-gataris is discussing the 3-ep test in episode 3.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I watched that episode on an 8" tablet and didn't notice anything in particular, even when I was looking for it.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Anyone else still watching Imouto Sae Ireba Ii? Leaving it in Japanese since the English title is even more embarrassing.

Yep still watching it and enjoying it.
Revised description: Slice-of-life comedy with mainly young adults, centered primarily on their common relation to light novel publishing. Main features are having parties talking about various beers and playing party games, traveling to interesting places, and dips into conflicts related to LN authoring/publishing. And then several of the characters each have their own unhealthy obsession with something, often causing sexual harassment situations of some sort.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Is Just Because ep 7 delayed? It should have been out 24 hours ago and haven't seen trace of it yet.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

iospace posted:

For those of you interested in Yuki Yuna, E7 is the start of the sequel arc.

Sindai posted:

Turns out it's just a recap of the first series though, so don't bother if you remember it.

iospace posted:

Alright, and nothing new at the end like they tend to do?

Well episode 7 alone is a recap of the entire original series, so I expect episode 8 and forward to have new material. I did appreciate getting a summary of the important point, seeing it's been a few years since the first series.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

New content in Yuki Yuna has started. It's good.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Just Because remains good, but it does seem the later episodes are more "stiff" in animation, more still shots with less detail in motion. Also Komiya is a really cool girl.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Good, looks like he's out of the furry phase again.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Winter season 2018: It's fuckin cold

Winter season 2018: All the cool poo poo

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I should resume watching.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Ranzear posted:

How long is Imosae supposed to be? This week was insanely good.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Did anyone keep up with Urahara? It got mentioned a bit at the start of the season then I never heard anything about it again.

I stopped after the episode that was 24 minutes of back and forth "Do not eat that candy", "I will keep eating the candy, it is good, you should eat it too", "No I will not eat that candy, you stop eating it."

• Locked thread