Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's basically where I'm at with Ancient Magus Bride, I do want to see the characters in motion but I dunno if I'll commit to the show right now. Maybe later after it's all out.

Definitely watching:
Hoozuki no Reitetsu 2nd Season :toot:
Kekkai Sensen & Beyond

Gonna check out:
Houseki no Kuni
Kino's Journey

I want to keep my list short this season since I have a ton of other stuff to finish watching already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It doesn't really matter if bitch means "bitch" or "slut" it's still a godawful title

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

My Girlfriend is Shobitch (so much for the good title that leaked earlier)

:cripes:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Grouchio posted:

If this season of Kekkai Sensen can go on without any stupid anime original plots, we'll be golden.

I hate to agree with grouchio on something but :same:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

i dunno if infinit force will grab a wide audience but it totally hits the mark for me. some of the best-looking cg anime has been graced with, writing that is overdone just enough in the right ways, and a vibe like tatsunoko mashed up an otome game with a toku show.

thanks for talking about it because it's a fun show and I'm gonna watch it

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
which show this season will be the deconstruction of a trainwreck

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
He fights an entire train later on in the manga

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

Fighting through a train full of people is a lost art. :(

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

That circletrain arc was hosed up, burrito :(

His PTSD stuff is pretty brutal in that one and there was a lot of hosed up poo poo going on in that town :(
I want to know more about Randel in the war and what they did to him and I hate the way it just dribbles out hints every now and then. I also don't necessarily dislike Alice but she's way less interesting to me than pretty much everyone else in the unit but gets the majority of the development, even in the most recently translated stuff that's his history and backstory yet ends up being all about Alice once again. I think I'd like it overall better if he was the focal character instead of her or if it did a true ensemble and gave equal weight to everyone on the team. Sometimes he ends up feeling more like a plot mechanism than a true character. It's a pretty cool setting and is fairly unique IMO but is definitely not without flaws.

Also I was looking at the covers and man some of them are *so bad*

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 7, 2017

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

The first episode of BBB s02 owned, I'm glad the show's back.

:yeah:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth posted:

I'm glad of new Hozuki no Reitetsu and the episode itself was good but uh

yikes

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Colonel posted:

i liked the first ep of houseki no kuni

yeah!

e: just watched Hoozuki, getting his backstory was a good way to start the new season :3 It'll be a nice break of silly/weird vs the other stuff I'm watching.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 8, 2017

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you don't watch any other show this season at least watch the first 10 episodes of BBB real quick and then jump on BBB&B

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hate them both and had zero interest in their story and it's resolution :D The first season ended with the lunch run imo.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Phobophilia posted:

I like the new Garo, the insanely macho protagonist is hilarious. He's a giant muscleheaded doofus who carries himself with a sense of humor, without being a cruel jerk. The way he posited a strategy to the female lead (please be a bait for the monster) sat right, like he was empathetic enough that he could trust her to make the correct decision. In a dark hosed up version of America filled with even more demonic horrors, there is still room for big-hearted people willing to do right by others.

Well Zaruba is a prick, but he's stuck in his form and I don't think you're supposed to agree with him.

I liked the characters in the first ep but the fight looked really bad. At least the worst part (the end of it) was over quickly.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
by all means, let's do what 4chan and reddit do

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Is anyone watching S2 of Kekkai Sensen? I dropped the first season towards the end because I heard the last two episodes were tacky anime-original content; is S2 back to the published material or is more original stuff?

First episode was great, plus since you know who everyone is you should be able to jump in just fine without worrying about the end of S1

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's nice that they're getting all these OVAs

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Gantz was always bad.
Accurate

Infini-t Force is the only thing I've hit a 3rd episode for so far and I am 100% on board with it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

ViggyNash posted:

Im having a hard time liking Land of the Lustrous. The low frame rate cg still really annoys me, but not nearly as much as Phos's wet blanket personality. But the world and its look is still great, and the op is amazing.

I'm not sure you actually know what a wet blanket is.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sindai posted:

I somehow didn't notice until this episode but when the gems in Lustrous touch each other or stone they make clunking noises.
I love it
*clink clank*

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
gems without inclusions

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it would have been funny if they just blurred them like they do in footage of people with logos on their clothes

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Colonel posted:

a lot of people kept saying it was the anime's fault for skipping content but it's always sounded to me like the manga just sucked to begin with and the anime just ran dry of the good stuff really quick cause that studio's been doing lots of good stuff since then

the thing about the stuff that got skipped was that it helped to establish um...what's his name's character as more than an rear end in a top hat so without that he ended up being way more one-note.

it also didn't help that the manga translation was super slow so the folks who were into it ran out of content we'd seen pretty early on and yeah apparently all the cool stuff was very front-loaded so that was a big disappointment :(

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Some of those are actually bad so you could replace them with the good show and improve your list.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kashuno posted:

which tho

follow your heart and you will see

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Re: the other part of your spoiler
Inside the shell like where the snail was =/= "inside" the shell as in part of it. The gems are very non-curious so if something isn't completely surface-level obvious to them they aren't going to pick up on it. Cinnabar got it because of his observations which none of the others had done. It seemed obvious to him whereas "Phos is gone, here is a slug, the slug is Phos" was obvious to Diamond. I think the show telegraphed the shell thing bit much though, with the broken parts being so clear. I think having them be more glimmery like later on when they were busting the pieces out would have been a better way to show it so it was more subtle.

e: I will move this post to the show's thread if we move the discussion over there since it's annoying to have big spoiler blocks in the season thread imo.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

Banana Fish anime coming

https://twitter.com/bananafish_tv/status/922116814905131009

e: I don't personally know much about it, but pretty much all the manga and anime creators i follow on twitter are very excited about the announcement

whoa

shameful confession: I never have gotten around to reading it

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's good! There's that stuff but it's romance too, it's sort of like Kamisama Kiss in that regard.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hoo boy some nice fanservice in ep 4 of Infini-T Force

Joji/Tekkaman in nothing but trunks :discourse:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's hard enough that a fairly tough gem breaks just by tapping on him so it's kinda clear he's a rock of some sort :v:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would think that what *kind* of gem he is would be a spoiler but not that he is one or not since there's no reason to think he's something entirely different.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad someone ending up watching and liking it. I do enjoy the manga but the anime wasn't really adding anything for me so I dropped it pretty early and it sounded like nobody much cared for it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
man it's kinda weird when people don't remember stuff that was a big fuckin deal at the time and then you realize it's probably because they weren't born or were tiny babies
:smith:

also wtf this is not the chat thread where am I

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

ViggyNash posted:

generic anime female fare

this is the thing steaming me up rn more than the gender stuff

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
wtf netflix

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

rei & nagisa makeout is also acceptable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The_White_Crane posted:

Deeply tedious.

In some ways it was gayer than free, but the characters were all so incredibly dull that I gave up after about episode four.

Yeah I stalled out around the same spot. I haven't completely given up hope that I might finish it but it would have been easier going if the animation was at least nice looking but the show overall being really cheap/ugly wasn't helping at all.

• Locked thread