Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Netflix anime sucks rear end and always will.

Their 2018 lineup is gonna be epic and I shan't hear otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I guess I gotta live with my mistake forever now.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I forgive you, for now.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Blend Piss.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Heads up that the two Yuasa movies (The Night is Short, Walk On Girl and Lu Over the Wall) have been fansubbed, so if you wanna watch some good movies consider checking them out :cheerdoge:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The former is, no idea about the latter but I'll find out tonight!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://my.mixtape.moe/qxumha.webm

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Khagan posted:

Probably a month too early for this, but who are the frontrunners for AOTY?

The Night is Short, Walk on Girl for those who care to watch movies.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Wark Say posted:

What has been funnier than KonoSuba's 2nd Season and Mahojin GuruGuru?

Kakegurui had strong faces and it was an overall fun ride, but it had a wet fart of an ending.

Srice posted:

The Night is Short, Walk on Girl for those who care to watch movies.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Wark Say posted:

I'm totally down for a Second Serving of Made in Abyss.

e: Srice, I actually read the Novel and didn't find to be all that. Is the movie that much of an improvement over the book?

The novel isn't available in English so I can't say, but from what I saw from the fan translation of the Tatami Galaxy novel compared to the anime it definitely seemed like the animation added a lot to it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

an actual dog posted:

It's cool how the show shows how people use MMOs to make up for things going wrong in their offline life, and how they help but don't really fix the problem. I'm not sure if it's really going to go all the way on this theme though and I'm kinda getting bored.

Yeah I'm feeling like I'm in the same boat at this point. I'd be surprised if it went there at this point.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

an actual dog posted:

The way we run it means that hardly anyone votes for long, constantly running shows, because they're only up for vote long after people have stopped being excited about them. That's not a big deal imo, cause it's only a handful of shows that run into that.

Plus those shows generally aren't being overlooked anyways so it's not that much of an issue anyway. Like Dragonball Super is one of the most active threads here.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Im only seven episodes in but it feels like it should have been like six episodes

This.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I dunno if you were talking about MMO Junkie or Juni Taisen but it applies to both shows equally.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

He's talking about Touch. :grin:

poo poo!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Yes and I'm glad

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It sounds like the new Captain Tsubasa is indeed a remake starting from the beginning, so it's gonna be a good time to hop on board.

2018 is gonna be great for sports anime since we're also getting a Major sequel that will be the Boruto of baseball.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

out with the furry, in with siblings?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Joking aside I hope this movie is a return to form because The Boy and the Beast had a really strong first act and then the rest of it was some weakass crap.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The cast of MMO Junkie might as well have been teens by the end of it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Nipponophile posted:

Maybe in countries where people give a poo poo about soccer.

American here, it's better than Jojo.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

YggdrasilTM posted:

Nah. It's just an old sport manga. And quite a generic one too.

It might seem generic today but that's because it has been a very huge influence on the genre.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I care because not all of Captain Tsubasa is available in English, and a new anime will almost certainly get a simulcast.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

YggdrasilTM posted:

More "mildly annoyed".

We generally get over 40 anime a season these days and that's not counting continuing shows, why is it a mild annoyance that not every one of those is gonna be your jam?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Nipponophile posted:

Winter Season 2018: At least we can all agree that sports anime is objectively bad

Hm, die.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Was Animegataris as good overall as these examples are making it seem? It didn't catch me enough to start it but if the jokes are that good throughout that may have been a mistake.

It has a decent sense of comedic timing but even when the jokes aren't landing I've been finding its very modern exploration of fandom to be interesting enough to keep watching.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

They need to make Yuasa Cutie Honey after Yuasa Devilman

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

And then give us Yuasa Violence Jack.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I feel like it's just that these days there have been more and more decent shows not getting a thread of their own, that's all.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Did Anime-Gataris ever get its own thread?

Not afaik. I hoped on the animegataris train late otherwise I would have.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

as someone who has made threads for some decent but not great and little talked about shows for the last two seasons i will say

Make A Thread

Yeah this. It doesn't need to be fancy just grab some promo art and a synopsis and you're all good. If people wanna talk about the show they'll talk regardless of OP quality.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

When are you going to make the thread for Night is Short and Lulu Srice?

Ack!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Nerds love meta stuff! I didn't care for its finale at all though, it was devoid of everything I liked about the show so having that hang over me when I think about the show makes it a downer.

• Locked thread