Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This is going to be a busy fall for me so Osomatsu might be all I watch as it airs. Maybe Pingu as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

When you're a Matsu you're a Matsu all the way, from your first shameful fap to your last dying sheeeeeeehhh!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

instead of shaft shows, i recommend akiyuki shinbo's 90's shows and OVAs

This

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i dunno if infinit force will grab a wide audience but it totally hits the mark for me. some of the best-looking cg anime has been graced with, writing that is overdone just enough in the right ways, and a vibe like tatsunoko mashed up an otome game with a toku show.

Sold

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

actually watch all of bbb and then jump on bbb&b

i'm gonna die on this loving hill

Rip

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The finale is mostly about anime original characters and if you don't care for them then you probably won't care about the ending. Also when it first aired the final episode came out months after the rest of the show so I think a lot of people haven't seen it because of that

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I thought it was kind of tonally inconsistent in a show where a plotline is resolved by someone getting a boner.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i don't see what is tonally inconsistent about characters created to mirror leo and his sister. the eps didn't suddenly excise doug hummer, zapp, or any of the other sources of random wacky poo poo either. episode 11 is definitely one of the best in the entire series, and that's probably at the point where you will genuinely care about white, whereas before she is only a likable side character. i don't think the manga is some sacred cow that requires we devote all 12 episodes of the anime to adapting its goofy episodic stories, and the black/white stuff basically exists as a second two-parter a la Z's Last Day. all this to say i understand the lovely production delays may have turned people off at the end, but hating the original stuff because its original is dumb.

I tried watching episode 11 again last night and my eyes glazed over just like the last two times. I like White and her relationship with Leonardo but Black sucks and I can't give a poo poo. I also don't know if there being another supernatural brother sister relationship actually adds anything to the show besides another supernatural brother sister relationship. Even if it's thematically called for I think it was presented in a way that was different from even Leonardo's relationship with his sister. That's what I meant by tonally inconsistent

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Like I said it all comes down to how you feel about the original characters and it's up to Drothman if he cares enough

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

If anything it speaks to how good BBB was that people still feel this strongly about it even a year later.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

Really? A rough image search brings up these team action shots of what appears to be about ten women and one big guy. I mean I can get down with that if the show is good enough and it's not just for the boys at home to play "find your type". The only reason I brought up gender ratio is because I usually avoid a show if it looks like it has a cast intended for gently caress/Marry/Kill.

I've only read a little bit of the manga but it was my impression that they're all androgynous and nongendered

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Fangz posted:

I don't see why having fewer female characters prevents this.

I want to watch Sailor Moon but the gender ratio means it must be a harem show starting Tuxedo Mask

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Postal Parcel posted:

DtB can get more generic?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

NETFLIX REMOVED THE PRODUCT PLACEMENT

It's weird that I'm mad about this!

Like, they scrubbed all the brands from the show entirely, or there's just no Pepsi NXT ads?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

They scrubbed all the costumes.

:whitewater:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Like, I understand it was probably for legal reasons, but it still sucks, man.

This. Product placement is integral to the lore.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Oh what the gently caress.

What the loving gently caress.

I guess I'm not watching it.

Pirate it

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Put it on through Netflix so it gets the views but watch the good version while doing it. I can't believe this is what anime watching has come to

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't anyone is gonna pay to sponsor an anime from years ago which wasn't particularly successful in the us.

The logos aren't scrubbed on any of the other services T&B is on, so it was clearly Netflix's decision

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah those 2017 shows will be pretty good

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

This week's episode wasn't alcoholic, it was just mixing together whatever fruit juices you have in the refrigerator.

That certainly sounds like the drink of an alcoholic

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Rangpur posted:

I somehow missed that Lion S1 was longer than 12 episodes. I just don't know if I can handle such a concentrated dose of The Saddest Boy and Friends.

I enjoyed the show way more watching it weekly than when I would binge it so maybe catch up slowly

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Actually, come to think of it, which recent-ish shows have gone completely, hideously sideways after a not-terrible start? I know a lot of goons got mad about Kuma Miko, for one, and Virgin Soul did have the all-consuming Sexy Anime Hitler romance arc.

:crossange:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Motto posted:

Cross Ange ep1
*child stuffed in a cage*
Gorf: hell yea
*prison scene*
Gorf: oh no

I've never seen

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I just wanted to post the emote

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Nyah, see?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

whoa

shameful confession: I never have gotten around to reading it

It's one of those manga that's been scrubbed off the internet so me neither

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

worth noting it's noitaminA, so it'll be on Amazon and maybe as short as 11 episodes :(

Nyah, see

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

It's not. I've taken my stance

You have my bow

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I won't commit to Darling in the Franxx until I know what it's about

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

Not enough anime of shirtless musclemen punching each other in the face and balls.

If you're fine with manga check out Gengoroh Tagame.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

fate/extra is probably good because my understanding it doesn't change romantic relationships depending on player gender so the sequel has an entire route that's gilgamesh bending the laws of reality so he can have sex with his boyfriend, who is you

Gilgamesh's prophetic dream about Enkidu involved him loving the rock that represented Enkidu

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Here's my hot take: Fate is bad because Enkidu is an androgynous bishounen instead of a big burly bear man

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

Also fate/extra ccc is the funniest and most heartwarming game I've ever played

It has a scene where Gilgamesh scares off a recurring villain by showing her his dick

I didn't realize Gilgamesh was a Hollywood producer too

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Gonna throw this out there: Yu Yu Hakusho is the best work Togashi has done.

Level E

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gyo was already one of his weaker works imo, they should have made a Hellstar Remina movie instead

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Son of a guuuuuun!!!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The english dub ED to El Hazard is really well done and I'm sad I can't find it anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

jng2058 posted:

It's a bit of a cheat, but do you mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKg6jRo3Thw&t=1249s

No, I'm looking for the ova :(

European ops are good

• Locked thread