Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'll be watching Yuki Yuna. At least the back half anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rangpur posted:

Was Yuuki Yuuna the show where they become magical girls, and it turns out to suck, and it also turns out the entire universe outside their city was destroyed, and the thread kept arguing over whether it was apologia for Imperial Japan in WWII? I didn't see a lot of room for sequels in that one.

Yeah, it was that one. There was a LN chapter that took place after the series explaining that they're changing the whole hero system, and then another full fledged LN is coming that they've established a sentinel corps to ready for an offensive.

So yeah, there's room for a sequel.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

A Certain Magical Index, where the titular character vanishes from any plot relevance past the initial arc.

Railgun is much better, for reasons outlined above. S3 would be bonkers and I would greatly look forward to Demon Mikoto

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ViggyNash posted:

Just watched Land of the Lustrous and Girl's Last Tour.

Lustrous: 3DCG anime has come a long way to becoming bearable, and I think it works here. The show itself is an odd one but did a good enough job with its initial setup and I love the look. Idk that I cared enough to stick with it though.

Tour: The carefree indifference of Kino's Journey set in the endless hellscape of Blame!, but rooted in WWII iconography rather than Blame!'s neo-industrial styling. No idea where this is going but it's incredibly adorable and relaxing and will hopefully scratch my Made In Abyss adventure itch.

Watched the first eps of both, will probably give it each two more.

Lustrous works with 3DCG because well, the main chars aren't human and when that gets accepted it works well (obvious CGI for non-human beings to me is perfectly fine). The Master wasn't as blatant CGI if he was anyway.

Tour on the other hand, does not do so hot in that dept, but it's cute enough anyway.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Agronox posted:

you know what really grinds my gears

Grinding gears?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sakurazuka posted:

I hate gear grinds

Drakengard?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Homura and Sickle posted:

i demand characters without flaws

Kyubey doesn't have flaws.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

AnacondaHL posted:

Animegataris gets a special pre-emptive "shows without threads" review for taking itself a little too seriously and relying too heavily on referential humor, so it all feels kinda flat, and gets a drop from me. Also if I wanted to read bickering between anime-only watchers and original media snobs I could just read threads in this subforum :v:

Thanks atleast for this

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT~

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I've added MMO Junkie to my list. Good so far.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Knorth posted:

Two Cars continues to be good. The commentator's personality flip is fun, all the pairs are pretty charming (especially the elegantly romantic couple, I hope they get some focus later), this small arc about the rich girl/poor girl team has been interesting (that crash... :ohdear:) and it's been pretty drat good at just explaining some of the nuance and technical aspects of this crazy sport. My only issue is when they race without helmets, like holy crap that is insanely dangerous

https://files.catbox.moe/vhqnm8.webm

How the gently caress did I miss a show about racing.

e: is it being streamed anywhere?

iospace fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Oct 22, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GODS loving DAMMIT THEY MADE A TWIN RING MOTEGI JOKE

e: Given the fact the teacher went to Isle of Man, he's probably dead :rip:

(No really, the Isle of Man TT is by far the most dangerous street race in the world, with multiple fatalities every year)

iospace fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 22, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ok, three ep review: whoever is writing Two Car is doing some serious research. I loved the bit where they mentioned titanium, which is known to spark very well when in contact with pavement (which was something F1 decided to bring back last year).

But the lack of helmets makes me facepalm. And the lack of mention of how dangerous Isle of Man is.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a kitten posted:

Having finally watched the trailers for TWOCAR i have to say that while it doesn't look very good i'm really going to have to at least show it to my friend who's done some sidecar racing.

Also, c'mon girls it's ATGATT not like this

sheesh

Yeah, that's my biggest gripe is the lack of ATGATT. Otherwise it seems to be a character drama with the backdrop of sidecar racing. I'll probably continue watching.

Though they actually did do some good work in making sure the racing is correct.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The other thing I forgot to mention: That girl in Two Car has to be LOADED if she can get a private track session at Suzuka (or well, what appears to be one). Though the FIM Japanese Motorcycle GP is at Motegi now.

iospace fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Oct 23, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I have questions.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

There is a thread for it you know.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

an actual dog posted:

You all will pay for betraying Working!

Shouldn't it be "Working!!!"? One ! for your inflection, !! for what's actually in the title.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

When is the second half of YuYuYu starting. I'm not watching the first half because that's the movies, but I'm interested in the 2nd.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What shows did Amazon pick up this season again?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

LotL has its own thread where most of the talking happens (aside from that weird gender discussion here, no that's not an invite to start it up again). The other I don't see mentioned at all.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Knorth posted:

People not watching Girls Last Tour should do so because it's lovely

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sometimes you just want trash and there's nothing wrong with that

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Winter Season 2018: :golf:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

For those of you interested in Yuki Yuna, E7 is the start of the sequel arc.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sindai posted:

Turns out it's just a recap of the first series though, so don't bother if you remember it.

Alright, and nothing new at the end like they tend to do?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

mike12345 posted:

Guy with the deer head, yeah I saw that one. Not sure if I like it, maybe too slow?

Blood Blockade Battlefront looks pretty interesting from the couple of minutes I've seen, will be checking that out. Land of the Lustrous has a dreamy vibe I kind of dig, but it moves really slow. Again I just watched these shows for a couple of minutes, need some time.

Rocks tend to be slow, yes. :haw:

But it's worth checking out because it's putting 3D to amazing use.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Was the first half, the prequel, worth watching?

In my opinion, yes. I didn't watch it solely because I saw the OVAs, which have the same plot. Fills in some backstory.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Grouchio posted:

What the fu-

Back Street Girls Anime Announced

WHAT THE gently caress

That...

Uh.

Ok, if you hack off the whole sex-change bit, it's a lot like The Producers in terms of "we hosed up trying to gently caress up".

But the fact that you can't separate the two leaves an absolutely terrible taste in my mouth.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Endorph posted:

the reason for togo's nationalism is that the show is super anti-nationalist and is trying to make a point about that. it's like the one remotely interesting part of the show.

How so? I haven't seen E2 of the "new" stuff yet (watching it with a friend), but I always got the opposite vibe.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

For those of you watching Yu3.

:stare:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

chumbler posted:

Hey I didn't say I was giving up all anime forever.

no takebacksies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a kitten posted:

holy poo poo watch Land of the Lustrous

Seconded. Also watch Symphogear.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's on the list.

What are the two bottom right?

Black Clover is the bottom rightmost.