Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Seems like a bad season for non-sequels., but maybe some of these are better than their descriptions suggest. Lots of great sequels coming up though, new Kino's is always welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Homura and Sickle posted:

yuuki yuna: loved the first season, hopefully this sequel is worthwhile. will probably watch the movies for the first half of the season instead because i don't know if cutting down 3 movies worth of content to 6 episodes is a good idea. definitely looking more forward to the second half of the season which revisits the original cast i believe.

Still can't believe how very wrong the title of the thread was for this one's first season.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Davincie posted:

lord, let this be the first good season of the year

Winter was great, Spring had some good shows and Summer was jawdropping. Tsuredure, Made in Abyss and Princess Principal are the three best shows of the year so far, only possibly outshadowed by Rakugo.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

dogsicle posted:

Sentai, who does all the heavy lifting of getting licenses only to squander them on AnimeShiteAnimeStrike:
Land of the Lustrous
Girls' Last Tour
Umaru S2

Noooooooooo

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

I'd even pay for Strike. But I cannot, they do not sell it in the UK. :argh:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

You misunderstood. Grouchio was just providing a summary of the third season.

The best part is that Log Horizon does a very similar thing to what Season 3 is covering, but leagues better as it isn't SAO. It's a moderately interesting setting though.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Well, that's because Mamare Touno is not a loving fraud (temporary tax evasion notwithstanding).

Eh, Kawahara shits out novels. He's bad, but it's also the industry. At least he's not Oreimo/Eromanga guy and at least vaguely attempts something remotely interesting even if he can't execute much.

Fangz posted:

How long until a live action western movie.

Isn't there a live action western TV series on its way?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Moltrey posted:

it was many things, most of all, Good.

It was the best and I desperately want a season 2.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

Welp you heard it here folks, everything sucks.

:yeah:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

I think working from here would be a good start.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Servant x Service > Blend S > Working

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Araki posted:

I can't remember a single character or joke from the Working spin-off that aired last year.

There was a rich girl, occasional St. Valentine and bad cooking. I think there was also a haunted girl? That's the extent of my memory of https://www.working.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

dogsicle posted:

in another strange tangent, the imouto show spent more than half an episode on explaining how LN authors do taxes

I hope the Log Horizon guy watches that.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

Even your imouto can't protect you when the taxman comes calling

Coming next season, exclusive to anime strike, 'I Can't Believe My Little Sister's Bookkeeping Is This Cute', or 'Auditimo' for short.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

kater posted:

Food Wars has been really good this season. If you maybe fell off the second season for being a pretty banal tourney, this season actually has plot!

how can you fall off season two it's a TOURNAMENT ARC although the rise of Food Hitler is pretty great.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Grouchio posted:

This plot may actually become grating and long-winded after a while though. What? Why would I know? I read the manga and it's made me drop it.

This is a great endorsement of the plot, thanks Grouchio.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

I feel like the number of standouts has decreased over the year, which is fair since our lord and saviour Deen blew their load at the start of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

iospace posted:

For those of you interested in Yuki Yuna, E7 is the start of the sequel arc.

Was the first half, the prequel, worth watching?

• Locked thread