Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVgHN8cfy1I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qncRbprBFdE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Command Ant posted:

I remember there being threats of a live-action Sailor Moon back around the turn of the millennium. I'm surprised that shadow hasn't resurfaced recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS027mYtRu8

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the character designs in shoujo shuumatsu ryokou are cool

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
my most anticipated thing this season is the soundtrack to blood blockade battlefront & beyond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN5y2gwTc1U

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Grouchio posted:

If this season of Kekkai Sensen can go on without any stupid anime original plots, we'll be golden.

hot take but the anime original stuff in bbb owned even if it wasn't perfect and i would have liked it less if white wasn't in it because she was a really fun character who served a really interesting role in leonardo's arc

black wasn't a great villain on his own but the actual idea behind the anime original stuff in bbb was fine and led to some great scenes

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 28, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the penultimate episode was great, imo. i actually liked it better than the finale, it might have been a bit odd next to the rest of the show but i really liked how it was directed

anyway this season probably won't have anything like that and if it does it won't be in the same style, the manga's already ended and the anime-original side of bbb was very much rie matsumoto's thing in how it was put together, though who knows if it was her idea or a decision by BONES

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 28, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway with or without anime original stuff the source material of bbb is strong and i love the cast and most of the original staff minus matsumoto are here, so i'm gonna go into s2 with reasonably high expectations for it to be a stylish and fun ride

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's ok because i like bump of chicken

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think the fact that nisio isin writes a lot of things that don't have strictly happy endings is why he's a cool writer

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
bump of chicken's music isn't the best ever rhythmically but i like it in like game and anime ops cause the lyrics tie into the story of the main work in a way that is cool to me

i really like their op for blood blockade battlefront cause the translated lyrics are basically just shouting the entire message of the show and gently caress it i like that

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i would assume they haven't, if they're saying they haven't watched any

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
madoka's pretty good, i recommend watching it and rebellion some time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i recommend cross ange and digimon tamers

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Hopefully they've locked the Euphonium author in a broom closet until it's done.

uh I don't think

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

HellCopter posted:

Can I get an explanation for this Euphonium stuff, what did he do wrong?

the author of euphonium is a woman

also nox is jaded by euphonium now cause the staff said they probably would not change or skip over the shuichi stuff if they ever reach it. it's stupid but this movie isn't even focusing around that so idgaf

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 30, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
instead of stepping into the minefield of euphonium discussion lets discuss two car: racing sidecar and the classic works of the person who uh

directed ange vierge once

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
haha good one grouchio now on to our next topic; who's excited to watch classicaloid season 2

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that's not really a spoiler, that's the entire premise

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
more like juuni carcrashsen

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the trainwreck scale

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
first ep of shoujo shuumatsu ryokou was good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't really care about the consistency of the setting in girls' last tour i just like the character dynamic

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i liked the first ep of houseki no kuni

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm watching dies irae because people told me the vampire nazis get killed brutally

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I thought Dies Irae was the LogH show?

dies irae is a crowdfunded adaptation of a popular vn from 2007 about a chuuni guy fighting nazi vampires

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Davincie posted:

i think the dies irea complaint is a fair one when ep 1 is nothing but badly written introductions to the (apparently technically not) nazis combined with some awful action scenes

it definitely seemed like a weirder opening than the vn, which apparently just opens from the perspective of a german conscript

form the sounds of it not a lot of people who liked the vn thought it was a good opening ep lol

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 8, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lol i checked the mal page for the director of dies irae and the comments are just people getting depressed that they picked him to direct it

i was willing to give it a few eps but given that and the weird anime-original opening i'm not sure it's going to get much better

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 8, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
actually watch all of bbb and then jump on bbb&b

i'm gonna die on this loving hill

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Quick, gimme the reasons for each.
I put bbb on my list last night.

have you watched and liked kyousougiga because if so you will like the anime original stuff in bbb

white is a fun character who has a great dynamic with leonardo and episode 11 is one of the best episodes in the entire show and the end of episode 12 is really great. the bad part is that black is kind of a boring villain to follow and that robs some impact away from the last episode because he's not nearly as flamboyant as any of the other bad guys in the show but i think it's still really great and worth watching and does a good job tying up the themes of the show

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can understand not liking black because he really just isn't a very interesting character on his own and they give him a bit too much screen time at the end

i really really love all the stuff with white though and that's why i get annoyed when people brush it off

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

blood blockade battlefront

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Craptacular! posted:

How is it that this keeps happening to the shows I circle as possibly interesting?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah the characters in houseki are nongendered, they're all gem people

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

umaru s2 has a great ed, it's a shame that literally nobody is going to bother watching it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
is that what happens when you pay for an anime strike subscription

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tbh the episode got a lot stronger when it moved away from the stuff with umaru and her brother

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it does have one of the best eds of the season though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Eela6 posted:

What should I watch this season? Nothing's really jumping out to me. The recs thread seems pretty quiet.

Recent shows I've liked:

Winter '16-17
Demi-Chan
Konosuba
LWA
ACCA

Spring-Summer '17
MHA
Princess Principal!
Symphogear!
Centaur's Worries

Oh god, does this mean I like moe

houseki no kuni
girls' last tour
kino's journey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle posted:

or you could pop back to last season for runaway hits made in abyss, gamers, and mahoujin guru guru

these are all p. strong recs too

• Locked thread