Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
A lean season for me.

Watching:
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Mahoutsukai no Yome
Kino no Tabi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Homura and Sickle posted:

im amazed classicaloid of all shows got two 2 cours season

who is the market for it. why are they.

Yakuza money launderers?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

It's totally a grab bag of stuff that the author thought looked neat and I don't think it was meant to take place in a specific time other than as some point in ~the future~. It's sorta like Kino's Journey where the different places are wildly disparate in tech levels and organization yet are all part of the same world.

Or why the planet in Trigun has a very wide variety of non-standardized 20th century guns.

Pumpkin Scissors was another one where, IIRC, everybody was using random guns from the WWI/interwar period, that and the anti-tank Thompson/Center Contender, but it's been like 10 years since it aired and I barely remember it.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there's not much to remember, since it completely squandered the amazing premise of a BERSERKER WHO FIGHTS TANKS. still kinda pisses me off that it wasn't just an increasingly implausible series of man v. tank fights.

I think there was like one tank and it shot him with a shell full of slow-acting poison gas so he just walked up and shot through the vision slits.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Hargrimm posted:

Thanks, that's kind of a bummer. I basically just want there to be a new Flying Witch every season, that show was so fantastic, like medical-grade relaxation and chill times.

You'll probably want to check out Yurucamp for the winter season then. It's basically Yama no Susume but more restrained, more about just experiencing the outdoors.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Isn't that when the next season of Encouragement of Climb is coming out too? There's gonna be two girls' mountain climbing anime running at the same time.

Nah a date hasn't been announced for the third season yet, there's going to be a couple OVAs this month though.

And Yurucamp is more about just camping instead of mountain climbing, so similar outdoorsy theme but different kinds of stories.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

iospace posted:

GODS loving DAMMIT THEY MADE A TWIN RING MOTEGI JOKE

e: Given the fact the teacher went to Isle of Man, he's probably dead :rip:

(No really, the Isle of Man TT is by far the most dangerous street race in the world, with multiple fatalities every year)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmNXCJt7K3Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

With this and Hakumei to Mikochi, winter will be a good season.

Also the person who was doing videos of the places in Bakuon is doing the same for Yurucamp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x1FsuBCRgk

• Locked thread