Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Shows I'll Absolutely Watch
March Comes In Like A Lion Season 2: Extremely excited for this one, Season 1 was my favorite surprise of this year, but I may sit on it a bit and let episodes build as watching the first season all at once was great and I don't really want to follow it for five months

Shows I'm Interested In Cause People I Know Are Excited About Them So Maybe I'll Watch Them If They're Good
Inuyashiki
Kekkai Sensen & Beyond: Did not watch the first season so maybe I'll get around to that
Kino's Journey: Watched a bit of the first show a long time ago and liked a bit of that, maybe I'll go back to it
Juuni Taisen

this is like the most anime i've been interested in a while at a staggering...five....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh yeah Ancient Magnus Bride, I've heard a ton of talk about and still dunno what it is, wanna see that too.

Lotta anime this season!!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I assume CR has March Lion again but I can't find anything defentive. If they don't, i'll riot

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
calling anything to do with little sisters a "modern day Pygmalion" and a girl that wants to gently caress a "faithful virgin bitch" sucks so fuckin much

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

dogsicle posted:

i mean we can put the complaining about the title to rest because it's being localized as My Girlfriend Is Too Much To Handle
this is lame too!!! your girlfriend isn't too much to handle, she just wants sex ya dingus

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
if the moral of this anime is that it's important to discuss your sexual boundaries with your partner and it's your job as their partner to satisfy their needs, then i'll forgive it

e: well that's okay too i guess

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 28, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
All I know about Classroom of the Elite is that my friends recommended it to me, saying it was "a hidden gem" of the season but none of them could explain the premise in detail or what was interesting or good about it and it left me :thunk: This isn't passing judgement but it was crazy how despite my questions, these guys could not tell me anything concrete.

the uniforms keep reminding me of kakegurui

e: I'm gonna get back to Eccentric Family cause I loved that a lot despite only watching like six episodes and then rewatch March Lion to let this Season get further underway

have fun watching anime everyone

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Wark Say posted:

I said it (or something like that) in the Summer thread: The premise is basically as if Oregairu and BakaTest had a baby, and at a glance, that seems ok. Sadly, said baby then grows up watching stuff like SAO or the Irregular at Magic High School and thinking "YES, THIS IS THE BE-ALL-END-ALL OF ANIME".

But seriously, it's an incredibly mediocre anime.

e: Grammar.
I only understand the second half of this post which furthers confirm my theory that this show is some weird black hole where it cannot be described or measured

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Julias posted:

Oh, since you might not have noticed, the soundtrack for Juuni Taisen (12 Wars) is being composed by Go Shiina. So that's something to look forward to, even if the show ends up bad.
I have a weird feeling in my gut that show will be bad, but I'll trust Nisoisin

kater posted:

I forgot that there was even a season of eccentric family recently because I watched the first episode and the looming threat of that horrible bird lady coming back made me not want to watch more.
Benten is one of the best parts of eccentric family

having a strange relationship with an older woman who can kill you ftw. the protag of eccentric family is one of my favorites in recent memory

Sindai posted:

a good choice
:yeah: I was extremely surprised by the eccentric family after just watching on a pure whim bored one day

And since one person posted music, I like, have to be lovely and post the March Comes In Like A Lion op/eds cause I've been listening to them near daily since I realized that the second season was so soon, they probably won't mean much out of context, but im sorry i really liked this show

OP 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRWQckbQ9tQ
ED 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzAyrgSqeeE

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
good news YUKI's doing the OP for Season 2 and Brian The Sun is doing the ED
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...th-teaser-promo

The Colonel posted:

it's ok because i like bump of chicken
thank you friend

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I think I remember reading that each episode is the POV of one of the 12 fighters so there might be some bleed over between fights and scenes

place your bets, im rooting for the horn guy and the ojou-sama looking lady

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Mentat Radnor posted:

There is no need to feel sorry for really liking the best show of 2017, and also that show's OP/ED musics.

Seriously, anyone reading this who hasn't at least given March Comes in like a Lion a shot should really check it out. Even if you're not enthused with the premise of "Sad boy plays professional Shogi, and the awesome people around him slowly pull him out of his depressive headspace and help him become a Real Human Being", SHAFT has done such an impeccable job of adapting the award-winning manga that it's still worth watching just for the art, sound, directing, and voice acting.

I'm more excited about season 2 than anything else coming up. 16 more days.
Extremely This.

I feel the premise is def a hard sale on another SadBoy Who Learns To Be Happy Because Of Girl Feels Anime, but I honestly think Rei, the main character, is the best Sadboy in recent memory. In like Chapter 15 of a 100+ chapter manga/Episode 8 of a soon to be a 44 episode series he has the frequently delayed revelation that other people in his life struggle with things in their own life completely divorced from him and that he's not the center of the world. All of his anxieties feel completely valid and realistic I say as a person with anxiety, but Rei is consistently trying to find his path and better himself no matter his struggle. All the side characters are loveable and cool, with all of them trying to regain or maintain something in their constantly evolving lives and i love them all very much, even Kyoka

The anime was my first SHAFT anime I ever saw and :eyepop: wowzers bowzers its very good. I really want the manga to get licensed, I can't believe it hasn't yet I should probably read her other work, Honey and Clover, but honestly the anime is the superior work imo. please watch this very good show, it is my favorite anime of this year

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

dogsicle posted:

my only complaint is that it took a few eps to really find a balance between rei's darker moments and the sometimes hyperactive comedy/lightness from other characters.
That's interesting! I personally didn't feel that, but I can see that, probably from the character Nikiadou, who is extremely loud and goofy in a way that he seems like he's from a different manga at first and just at odds with everything Rei is about and maybe Momo, the youngest daughter who is really there just to say a cute line (they're both very good tho).

It spoke to me in a lot of ways I was not expecting and was blown away by so I can def see it maybe just not working for people if it's not for you, but I cannot ask people enough to try it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Grouchio posted:

Have you not watched Madoka or Monogatari or Zetsubou Sensei?
i've seen bits of Madoka and only over the summer got into Monogatari

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im gonna watch dragonball z kai

whos in

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Strange Quark posted:

What if we rewatched all of haikyuu in one sitting instead
oh gently caress yeah

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
season 2 of nozaki kun when

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

The producers of Friday Night Lights are attached.
Episode 16.5: Clear Eyes, Full NerveGear, Can't Lose

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It wasn't really hotly contested since they had Season 1, but the US site for 3gatsu says that Crunchyroll has Season 2. It would've been weird if they didn't, but it wasn't in their Fall Pick Ups so i guess they were gonna announce it closer or just give more time to new shows. It's also getting a dub which is cool

http://3lion-usa.com/streaming/

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I am watching the sad boy shogi anime and wow it is exceptional and fantastic. I'm not even halfway into the show yet and i'm already super excited for season 2. At first I thought I was lucky that the new season is still a couple of weeks away but from the rate i'm going through these episodes i'll still have a while to wait. It's so good!!
yeah!! yeah!!!!!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The first episode of Juuni Taisen was entirely set up, but it was neat and cool looking so I'll stick with it for a bit

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
[watches a well animated 24 minute program with perhaps an overdone premise but has potential] hmm yes, quite similar to a crashed locomotive that might have killed or harmed others

interested in urahara, friends have told me it's good so ill probably watch that tonight

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
words have meanings, actions have consequences

choose both wisely

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I hope they go the very predictable path of the Ox guy Boar kept talking up wins it

im not just saying that cause he's the most bishonen i promise

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the main character of juuni taisen's first ep says that this guy is the fan-favorite to win the battle royale and is like the only person she speaks highly of

i just like his look

e: okay the image wont link but just google juuni taisen ox, he's the long hair noble boy

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
tequila is like the one thing I can't do easily enough. one time a woman at a bar bought me a shot of expensive Patrón and i just felt bad for her

im a garbage young person so i mostly just drink cheap 40s

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it was many things, most of all, Good.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 6, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I finally watched something other than Juuni Taisen

Ancient Magus Bride - I really liked this a lot! It's super pretty, and I'm sucker for Learning Magic stuff. The premise has a couple of "uhhhhhh" moments but considering it's a woman writing it and the most of the people reccomending the manga in my social groups were women, I feel very confident about it. No idea what kind of stories it's going to tell, but im excited to hang out with my bone dad

Kino's Journey - I saw the first series a loooong time ago when I was seriously getting into anime for the first time and enjoyed the few episodes I saw good enough. I kinda felt that the first episode had a weak first story, but I enjoyed it's thought experiment overall, I'll probably check back in

Urahara - Man this show is....a lot. It's cute and a lot of fluff with very, very little meat, but hell I was entertained. I enjoy it's distinctive look that some might call bad, but I enjoyed it for what it was. No loving idea what it wants to do, but I'll probably stick with it a bit.

Still waiting for March Lion to start and I wanna check out Inyuyashki too despite knowing almost nothing about it. I'd also like to get around BBB Season 1 at some point and check that out since I've heard a lot about it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Silver2195 posted:

Nothing to do with Ancient Magus Bride specifically, but this is no guarantee that something isn't sexist.
For sure but I trust a woman writer to handle a story about a 16 year old previously enslaved bride to a big skull man way more than I do than a male writer

Just in my imo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I've spent so much of my life consuming and forgiving problematic media by men, so lets see what women can cook up and forgive them for that too

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Is she the pigtails one? Cause if so, she's def the best

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like the MC's kinda sleepy attitude and her lil horns but Mari's The Cool One

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Juuni Taisen - Episode 2: Still enjoying it, they're not afraid to spend a large amount of time on dialogue and character interaction. There was a couple of cute character moments and the ED does some lifting there as well. The animation's still super good too, i really enjoy those thick-rear end lines. Looks like they'll be going into Episode 3 with some alliances and fights forming, so I'm surprisingly optimistic

Ep 2 spoilers I hope they don't keep being quite as predictable with who's gonna get axed, I was honestly hoping Episode 2 would end with no new deaths. I also hope the viewpoint character doesn't keep biting it in the end.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Grouchio posted:

Would you be surprised if the show turns into a sizeable trainwreck?
No because I absolutely thought it would be before it aired.

But yeah I've seen Bakemonogatari at least and I trust Niso

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Wark Say posted:

Juuni Taisen EP 2: Mad Dog or not, but poor sod should've known better. That last scene with Zombie Boar made me immediately go "Hitchcock shout-out!" :3:. Also, Ox is giving me Shin Megami Tensei III and IV Matador flashbacks and I don't know why, but I kinda sympathize with how horse dude went from relief to overwhelming horror in like 3 seconds :) "Hey, it's the Ox dude! He seems like a rational fe-- oh poo poo, he's in murder-trance Saito Hajime mode PARRYPARRYPARRYPARRYPARRYFUCK!" :stonk:

I totally get where you're coming from. So far, it kinda reminds me of Psycho-Pass' 1st Season, in which, save for a couple of episodes, the bursts of action often felt like the conclusion of all the time spent on dialogue and character interaction (plus all the Book / Theater club recommendations it often delved into, because Urobuchi gotta buchi :smuggo:)

Regarding your spoilers taking into account that one fourth of the combatants are officially dead (Rabbit-fuckery notwithstanding), I'm thinking that a variation of the formula is inevitable.
Ox is extremely Matador with the green coat and white leggings. Fighting in an empty city is also extremely SMT. Ox is def my fav so far, but there's no way he's winning this with how he's built up. Part of me hopes the fight at the end doesn't really happen with how Moderate they claimed he was

e: whoops I read one-fourth as just four i dont know math

an actual dog posted:

I'm pretty sure it's going to keep happening, and then something will break the pattern and it'll be awesome. I'm really liked this episode even though it was predictable. I love the thing they do where one person keeps thinking while the other is talking, and the person thinking is always making some huge mistake.
Yeah the two dialogue things at once reminds me a lot of Orange from last year where while the main characters are talking, there's completely inane and non relevant chatter happening between other students cause of course there is

Yeah you're right the rug will probably be pulled at some point, I was just surprised that stuck to the formula, but they'll prob do it for a bit longer yeah

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 11, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Juuni Taisen is a world where magic is lowkey real so I'm willing to believe that Ox and Sheep just actually have those horns. They're the only ones in the "Day in the life" style ED that still retain their animal motif

Some of them being fashion choices is cute too, I like Boar's little earring things that come down to her face to look like tusks.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 11, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Darth Walrus posted:

I've got a busy few days ahead, so I won't have time to make it myself, but I'd be happy to see a Juuni Taiwan thread.
I can probably get one up tonight unless someone else is dying for one or actually has a good title

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That's really what Eccentric Family was for me over the summer. Just a weirdly fantastical yet down to earth show about dealing with grief, a family's duty and tense relationships that mellowed me out a lot during some stressful times and I didn't even finish it. Gonna get back to it probably tomorrow and man I'm excited about it.

watching good anime is good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I made the Juuni Taisen thread before bed last night and it's a weak OP im sorry

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Davincie posted:

old man revenge anime was kewl
as someone who likes dogs and doesnt like sad old man, it was a Challenging Watch

but i do like cyborgs so Inuyashiki seems really cool! i havent read this or Gantz but I might look into both, seems neat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
extremely noted, thank you gang. im A-OK with gore, but if it's just not gonna be satisfying or interesting, then nooo thank you. i hope inuyashiki is much better

• Locked thread