Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If Sunshine season 2 keeps up the trend of each subsequent Love Live season improving greatly on the one before it it'll probably be AoTY, if it stays of similar quality then it'll be just a really good and fun show. I'm looking forward to it.

Also, from what I understand Kino's Journey isn't like a continuation of the previous series (which didn't really have a big connected serialised story anyway or so i've heard?) so if I don't check out the earlier show I won't be missing anything will I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Colonel posted:

hot take but the anime original stuff in bbb owned even if it wasn't perfect and i would have liked it less if white wasn't in it because she was a really fun character who served a really interesting role in leonardo's arc

black wasn't a great villain on his own but the actual idea behind the anime original stuff in bbb was fine and led to some great scenes

I only watched BBB recently and it was really surprising to me that White and Black were anime original. Leo was kinda introduced with his relationship with his sister being his driving point and everything but the only time it gets play is through the anime only plot since White is a pretty effective contrast and parallel with Leo's backstory and stuff. It fit in really well I thought.

The finale was weird and didn't quite come together for me but everything leading up to it was solid.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Benten is good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sindai posted:

If you don't like Benten you'll probably like season 2.

If you like Benten you'll probably like season 2 also. Because I did.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm going to watch the sadboy anime. Like eventually, hopefully before season 2.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am watching the sad boy shogi anime and wow it is exceptional and fantastic. I'm not even halfway into the show yet and i'm already super excited for season 2. At first I thought I was lucky that the new season is still a couple of weeks away but from the rate i'm going through these episodes i'll still have a while to wait. It's so good!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

I heard someone say that at some point but I can't find it in the actual subs?

At any rate, unless it's an omniscient narrator or maybe Hermes, I don't know why it should matter? I gather Kino's generally seen as NB, sure, but I don't see why some bumfuck villager should be able to glance at them and know not to use "he."

It's Hermes who says it.

Like with many shows Crunchy's subs make dumb mistakes.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like all the set-up for bbb's anime original plot which is basically everything added in the first 11 episodes but the finale didn't really pull it all together for me and i'm not super fond of it.

That's still the vast majority of the show though where I thought the anime original stuff was really solid.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Is anyone watching S2 of Kekkai Sensen? I dropped the first season towards the end because I heard the last two episodes were tacky anime-original content; is S2 back to the published material or is more original stuff?

It's manga stuff.

E: I liked the 2nd to last episode of season 1 though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

I'm watching Blend S and it feels like a much superior version of Working! without the terrible characters *cough* Inami *cough*

I can't loving believe this.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Inami is extremely good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

kater posted:

Wait someone dislikes Inami? Really? She doesn't have an arc? Besides like the plot of the series you mean right?

Nitrousoxide mentioned they'd only watched the first 4 episodes of Working so her arc had only probably just started.

I don't really remember the specifics of how Working started but it's fair I suppose to dislike Inami early on if you didn't like her gags or whatever though i'm pretty sure I liked her from the beginning. Inami's extremely good and cool and one of the more dynamic characters though so using her as the example for why Working's bad probably doesn't fly with most people who've watched the whole show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

FauxLeather posted:

Princess Principal was my first and fastest drop in a very long time. Just couldn't stand to finish the first episode. The visuals weren't inspiring me and it struck me as tacky espionage stuff with a cute slice of life flipside. The OP was a fuckin choon, though.
Does it hit its stride later on, or does it continue going exactly like that? Askin' for when i'm feeling more Anime Tolerant.

I liked the first episode of Princess Principal quite a bit but the second episode I think does a really good job of selling the show. It lays out the real backbone and focus of the story in a compelling and honestly fairly surprising way. At the very least I was thrown for a loop. But y'know in a good way.

But if you really disliked the first episode and aren't seeing any reason to continue then just drop it, I don't think the first ep is really so far divorced from the rest of the show that if you completely hated it you'll turn around on the rest.

• Locked thread