Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
This seems like a good time to catch up on the first season of March Lion.

(And thanks for making the thread!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

a kitten posted:

*gropes own boobs*

~lens flare~

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I recommend My Hero Academia

Might be my favorite show of the year, in a genre I really don't care much for. But the characters! Third season yay!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Mayoiga was fun but, yeah, kinda sputtered out near the end, so much so that although I was certain it was a comedy early on, by the end I thought it might just be incompetent.

You might say it failed in the... execution.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
you know what really grinds my gears

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
this wet blanket is a train wreck

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Is Himouto! Umaru-chan any good? I never saw S1 but seem to remember very mixed reviews here. Main character really sucks, something like that?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Okay! I will give it 3-6 episodes at least. Thanks all who replied.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
And they probably watch it in chronological order too

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

I must say, I've really been enjoying Aoi Yuuki's performance as Kino. It's a lot different from the other stuff I've heard her in, very subtle. Sort of reminds me of Tomoyo Kurosawa's approach to playing Kumiko.

She's excellent; almost to the point of checking out a series just for her acting. Thought she was hilarious (and obviously having fun with the role) as Ringo in Nichibros.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

dogsicle posted:

also SA barely rates in terms of where I'm looking for discussion that indicates wider popularity/reception.

Yeah, it's a small nook and cranny for discussion of this subject... but it's the least objectionable one I've found. :D

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

If anyone is curious and/or is still watching the show, this week (ep 05) is when Just Because starts unraveling at the seams as foretold by those earlier reports of production woes.

That's a shame. I haven't started watching it yet but it looked interesting.

The way anime is made seems like madness.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I will definitely give the Trigger show a chance.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Man, saw the first episode of Just Because and it is extremely my kind of thing. I hope it stays as good (from a plot and atmosphere perspective, at least, as I can deal with SOME animation crappiness).

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

nielsm posted:

Is Just Because ep 7 delayed? It should have been out 24 hours ago and haven't seen trace of it yet.

Yep. This bodes well.

(I still quite like the show even in spite of the declining production values.)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

an actual dog posted:

maybe I'm just not noticing as much but I thought the last few episodes were fine

It's not completely terrible, but it's definitely noticeable, particularly if you compare versus the first episode. Hands and faces are sometimes wonky, walking animation is worse, and it seemed like there were cuts were Eita was gaining and losing weight.

I hope the delays help too.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Oh good, it’s back. Camera is the best.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Hmm. I would trust Cameron a hell of a lot more than Robert Rodriguez.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I hope it is good!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Winter 2018: Don’t Lose Your Franxxxxxxx

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Allarion posted:

Ehh, I'm fine with the baseline of if someone cares strongly enough, they'll make a thread. Just Because and Animegatari are the good shows for me this season that didn't get threads, though admittedly Animegatari was just odd since even after 3 episodes, you still weren't sure about what it was, and it joked about the 3 episode test anyways.

Is there a point where it's too late to make a thread? I had thought about making one for Just Because, though at that point it was at the 7th episode. Wasn't sure if it was worth it. Although I guess that still could've been like ten weeks of discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

Well Just Because ended, not too much notable other than the audio black hole used in the very last post credits scene which was done pretty well, but overall I think anime (i.e. not KyoAni) was the wrong medium for this show.

I'm still two eps back, and--I don't know. I really liked the first episode; it just nailed that odd, bittersweet atmosphere of your last days of school.

I don't think it ever reached the heights of E1 again, but it's still been a decent watch. I enjoy the characters, as frustrating as they would be in real life, because I knew people who acted like that in high school.

But yes, you get the sense that they wanted to be KyoAni but couldn't quite get there. A good effort though!

• Locked thread