Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I figured that at least some people would want to talk about it :v:

I'm just starting up again to help me fill the void during the Baseball offseason, but if anyone has any resources they'd like to share please let me know and I'll keep the OP updated with that sort of stuff.

Also if you're recruiting for a league I'll keep that in here too.

Yahoo
ESPN
CBS

Cool Helpful Stuff:
*coming soon*

Leagues looking for people:

Punkin Spunkin's league

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

this would be my first time playing, but i want in.

naostrem at ymail dot com

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I sent you an invite, assuming ymail is yahoo. If it isn't let me know and I'll resend.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
Me please

IMB fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 11, 2018

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I got sucked into a fantasy basketball league. Did I just waste $25? This was not only my first basketball draft, but also my first auction draft, ever, in any sport. Is a 10 team roto league.

PG Eric Bledsoe
SG Klay Thompson
SF Giannis Antetokounmpo
PF Markieff Morris
C Karl-Anthony Towns
G Elfrid Payton
F Zach Randolph
UTIL JJ Redick
UTIL Patrick Beverley
UTIL Evan Turner
BE Rudy Gay
BE Ryan Anderson
BE Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

IcePhoenix posted:

I sent you an invite, assuming ymail is yahoo. If it isn't let me know and I'll resend.

Did you type yahoo? The actual address is @ymail.com, it's an alternate yahoo address. I didn't get any invites.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If anyone would be down for a $20 goon league I can start one up

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I did type yahoo, I didn't know ymail was a thing. Invites to you and IMB are out.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

IMB posted:

Me please

dmgoforth@gmail.com

tap tap tap

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IMB posted:

tap tap tap

maybe check your spam? I sent it out earlier today

or I guess make sure your e-mail is right since I copy pasted what you wrote

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Anyone have opinions on Yahoo vs ESPN vs CBS based on their iOS apps? I'm thinking of doing fantasy for the second time ever and if I'm gonna get my poo poo rolled I wanna get my poo poo rolled properly on a smooth functioning well developed app.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

maybe check your spam? I sent it out earlier today

or I guess make sure your e-mail is right since I copy pasted what you wrote

Oops, yeah it was in junk. Thanks

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

IcePhoenix posted:

I did type yahoo, I didn't know ymail was a thing. Invites to you and IMB are out.

just finally joined now because i'm the king of procrastination.

i am going to enjoy getting my rear end beat in this learning experience.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think a lot of us are learning so you should be ok!

Also we only need three more :toot:

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
I would like to play in someone's league, preferably an ESPN league just because I prefer the interface to Yahoo

PM me if you need a spot. I'm fine with a buy in as long as it isn't insane.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

I think a lot of us are learning so you should be ok!

Also we only need three more :toot:

I'm in, let's do it.

Email is jake.harmon71@gmail.com

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like to play. PM is fine.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Looking forward to this, I haven't done fantasy in a couple of years and I've never done an auction draft before

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Glumslinger posted:

Looking forward to this, I haven't done fantasy in a couple of years and I've never done an auction draft before

:same:

Also once ButtWolf accepts their invite we just need one more to be full :toot:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This is the worst idea because I haven't followed the NBA closely in years but... I'm in. Have full mauling me in my basketball reunion year!

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 5, 2017

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Okay why is it giving me a "you have to be 13 or older to play" message. What. Is there even a setting for age?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Kilometers Davis posted:

Okay why is it giving me a "you have to be 13 or older to play" message. What. Is there even a setting for age?

Well, are you 13 or older?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Quite a bit older but apparently you can't change your birthday on yahoo. I don't even remember putting one in but okay terrible website. I'm going to try to bug customer service about it and then make another account I guess.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Let me know if you need another invite when you get it all sorted.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kilometers have you had any luck? The draft is Sunday so I'd like to find a 12th before the weekend if you can't join.

french toast
Jul 21, 2001
I EAT 3 CANADIAN CHILDREN EACH DAY!
Had my live draft in my long running league with friends and ended up with Embiid in the fourth round. Not sure how I feel about it. Went in with no intentions of drafting him and here we are.

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
Any open leagues? My Yahoo Pro league couldn't fill.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've still got a spot, toss me your e-mail and I'll get you in

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Yahoo sucks rear end and I really wanted to not have multiple accounts so I’m probably out for sure unless they come through + above fella drops out. I wish I could’ve played but oh well. Good luck!

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
Just completed a 10-team, 9-CAT, auction draft.

Any comments on what I need to do? Before you poo poo on me for picking up Rondo, let it be known that it was only for $1 and before I knew he was out a couple of weeks :p

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Move Drummond to your C spot, and I'd probably start Porter, though if you have faith in Covington I think it's defensible. Condolences on starting Reggie Jackson.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Anyone still looking for people?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
think I had a solid draft. I don't mind tying myself to K, if he has injury issues I'll be bummed anyway

also

DeimosRising posted:

Anyone still looking for people?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Someone help me. I was offered two trades by the league idiot. 10 team H2H categories (basically everything is a category) keeper league

My team:

His team:

He's offered me Walker (3rd) for Lin (9th), and Green (2nd) for Oladipo (5th). Someone tell me what's going on here because I have no idea what to do. At first blush, Walker for Lin doesn't seem too bad for me aside from the round differences. The prospects of having Draymond are pretty cool, but not really at the expense of Oladipo. Don't know if his scoring and rebounding would really be that much of an improvement of Gortat/Gibson/Howard, but I think i might need another big man since I'm very guard heavy, and a frontcourt guy that averages 7 assists would make me a lot more balanced.

Does anyone see a trade here that helps me out?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Any of you guys want to get together and do a $20 league? We can set it up for Tuesday or something.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Im in for a money league, preferably not a draft tonight though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Alright guys the great $20 goon league is up

https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/153685/invitation?key=035fd45fab5934e1&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=86057619535a39ec

Settings are 12 teams H2H 9 cat with FG%, 3P%, FT%, Points, Assists, Rebounds, Steals, Blocks, and Turnovers. I kinda want to do a 10th cat for double doubles but I'll leave that up to a vote.

Draft is set for Tuesday, October 17th at 9:30 pm EDT. That can also be up to a vote as we get more people in.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Doltos posted:

https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/153685/invitation?key=035fd45fab5934e1&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=86057619535a39ec

Settings are 12 teams H2H 9 cat with FG%, 3P%, FT%, Points, Assists, Rebounds, Steals, Blocks, and Turnovers. I kinda want to do a 10th cat for double doubles but I'll leave that up to a vote.

Draft is set for Tuesday, October 17th at 9:30 pm EDT. That can also be up to a vote as we get more people in.

Can't sign up from work but I'm very down. Actually since this is snake I bet my wife will want to play too if that's acceptable to you

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Doltos posted:

I'm joining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DeimosRising posted:

Can't sign up from work but I'm very down. Actually since this is snake I bet my wife will want to play too if that's acceptable to you

Let's try to fill up goons first, if the time comes and we don't fill up she can join of course

• Locked thread