Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i made a bunch of really stupid mistakes in add/dropping players this week and i'm probably going to lose because of it. I'm really annoyed at myself but at this point all I can do is pray that LaMarcus Aldridge and Ben Simmons fall down a well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

DC Murderverse posted:

i made a bunch of really stupid mistakes in add/dropping players this week and i'm probably going to lose because of it. I'm really annoyed at myself but at this point all I can do is pray that LaMarcus Aldridge and Ben Simmons fall down a well

Are you the U Bum Squad?

Ben Simmons has been saving me.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm not going to say you deserve it for having an unbelievable unbeatable never going to happen ever again week against me in the semi-finals after all my guys got injured too but...

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

yeah i made a bunch of really dumb moves down the stretch because I was trying to min-max the number of games that I had under my belt. I shouldn't have dropped Dejounte Murray, I shouldn't have picked up Mo Harkless, I shouldn't have picked up Satoranksy, I should have waited a day to pick up VanVleet, and I should have started O'Quinn today (15 rebounds sitting on my loving bench god drat). I was right, however, to pick up Stanley Johnson, Al-Faroq Aminu and Mario Hezonja, and i was right to drop Dennis Schröder at the end of last week.

for my first time ever playing fantasy basketball though, I think I did pretty well in both my leagues. I got bit by the injury bug in both (if I had Jimmy Butler throughout the playoffs this week might have been different) but I think I drafted fairly well all things considered, and started to learn how to play matchups by the end. I'll definitely be playing again next year, it's a very different experience from Fantasy Football. However, I refuse to get into fantasy baseball because i need to take a few months off from fake sports and also baseball is boring af

Doltos posted:

I'm not going to say you deserve it for having an unbelievable unbeatable never going to happen ever again week against me in the semi-finals after all my guys got injured too but...

other league in this thread. in your league you beat my rear end in the quarterfinals.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 1, 2018

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I completely hosed up at the draft, then had 2 of my top three players die

And my gamble picks mostly busted cause I tried to avoid being a homer and picking Lakers, when I should have taken cheap fliers on Randle and Kuzma

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I got hosed by going in on Russ and Melo and generally not realizing what scoring system we were doing until after the draft

even so things were going well until half my team completely poo poo their rear end the last few weeks of the fantasy regular season, and the Thunder getting huge 4 day stretches without games

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Yeah this was my first hoops league in a couple years. Kyrie and Klay going down probably should have sunk me, but I got lucky with Dirk and Prince picking up the slack. Gasol has been rock solid in what I was worried would be a tanking situation.

I am kind of stunned that Thad Young was just sitting in free agency too.

I’ll be holding on to Simmons and Tatum for a combined $31 I think (Tatum will be at the minimum as he was $1). Aldridge at $18 is tempting too, as is Bledsoe at $24 and Adams at $12.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DC Murderverse posted:

other league in this thread. in your league you beat my rear end in the quarterfinals.

This entire time I thought you were Hoiball!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Doltos posted:

This entire time I thought you were Hoiball!

lol it was probably because I was talking about AD who I had in my other league. Nope, I'm the guy who gave you Giannis.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I really wonder how I would have fared if my team name wasn't so accurate. Love and Gordon missing so many games sunk me hard.

At least I have plenty of keeper options.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

WHY THE gently caress DID MY LINEUP CHSNGE IM GOING TO MURDER YAHOO

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

now that I've calmed down a bit: gently caress Yahoo. I don't get why my lineup didn't get set, and honestly it probably won't affect the final results too much (I'm still probably gonna lose 4-5, which is respectable, though if my blocks or steals drops I'm gonna be mildly annoyed), but why in fucks name would I want Marvin Williams and Fred VanVleet in my lineup (the latter who doesn't even have a game today!) instead of Lou Williams and Nikola Vucevic?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Teemu Pokemon posted:

lol i won my league by 30 games with a .770 wp (went 21-1 and only lost that one week 5-8 when i would've won 7-6 if i remembered to set my lineup on wednesday) for the season and i'm going to get blown out in the semis because giannis, derozan, dwight, and collins can't stay in the goddamn lineup

Guy I lost to 11-2 in the semis because he dropped 1100 goddamn points as a team last week with like 200 3s and 350 rebounds is going to win the championship even though I'd be beating him 8-4-1 right now and I'm really angry.

I literally would've beaten every of the other 9 teams every single week of this regular season and playoffs except for him last week. H2H fantasy is dumb I don't know why I do this to myself

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I benched Giannis on the final day of the championship (at the literal last minute) and it's probably going to win me the title.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yay i win 10 dollars for months of effort!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Gobias Ind. posted:

I benched Giannis on the final day of the championship (at the literal last minute) and it's probably going to win me the title.

Lol look at this idiot. I ended up tying turnovers anyways, tying the matchup 4-4, and losing on the tiebreaker.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Doltos posted:

Yay i win 10 dollars for months of effort!

PM me your preferred payment method.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Anyone else in a league that runs through the end of the regular season? Anyone else have Damian Lillard in a league that runs through the end of the regular season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Power of Pecota posted:

Anyone else in a league that runs through the end of the regular season? Anyone else have Damian Lillard in a league that runs through the end of the regular season?

Why would you EVER do an anything fantasy that runs til the end of the season?

• Locked thread