Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Hey, i might miss the draft, possibly gonna get evacuated for a wild fire

No clue

EDIT: They put out the fire

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Glumslinger posted:

Hey, i might miss the draft, possibly gonna get evacuated for a wild fire

No clue

EDIT: They put out the fire

I'm glad they put out the fire

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Doltos posted:

Let's try to fill up goons first, if the time comes and we don't fill up she can join of course

I’ve also got 3-5 people that were left out of another league that can join if it comes down to filling out the roster.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
As long as we fill up I'm ok with whoever joins.

We'll need a bank and for everyone who's signed up to post their names and emails like we did for the great $20 baseball league

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

All things considered I'm happy with how my team turned out, though obviously I have to get lucky with injuries to stand a chance

(12 team auction keeper h2h, standard 9 cat)

also Doltos I threw your league in the OP

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 16, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i'm still really annoyed at whoever sniped Kyle Kuzma from me, even though I totally deserved it for making too big a deal about it.

i will get my revenge, somehow.

edit: i joined your league, Daltos. in for a penny, in for a pound, i suppose!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DC Murderverse posted:

i'm still really annoyed at whoever sniped Kyle Kuzma from me, even though I totally deserved it for making too big a deal about it.

I definitely laughed pretty hard when that happened.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I had literally spent the last few minutes before that debating whether I should take him, and decided I needed a guard much more

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm glad they put out the fire
personally I think all fires should be put out

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
Free work league (8 team, 9 cat h2h), using this year as a test run to see if we want to get competitive next season for $. Almost everyone autodrafted so I just went by the rankings on the basketball monster site, had the 8th pick.

(8) Kawhi Leonard, (9) Chris Paul, (24) Myles Turner, (25) Joel Embiid, (40) Otto Porter, (41) Nikola Vucevic, (56) Danilo Gallinari, (57) Gary Harris, (72) Aaron Gordon, (73) Trevor Ariza, (88) Josh Richardson, (89) Seth Curry, (104) Dewayne Dedmon

How did I do?

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Got roped into a roto points league last minute. Haven't played fantasy basketball in about 6 years (and have never done roto) so I'm in need of some help. Can anybody recommend some draft strategies based on the point breakdown and positions? Not sure at all if these are standard.

Field Goals Made (FGM): 1
Free Throws Attempted (FTA): .5
Free Throws Made (FTM): 1
3-point Shots Made (3PTM): 2
Points Scored (PTS): 1
Total Rebounds (REB): 1.2
Assists (AST): 1.5
Steals (ST): 3
Blocked Shots (BLK): 3
Turnovers (TO): -1

PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, IL, IL

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vernacular posted:

Got roped into a roto points league last minute. Haven't played fantasy basketball in about 6 years (and have never done roto) so I'm in need of some help. Can anybody recommend some draft strategies based on the point breakdown and positions? Not sure at all if these are standard.

Field Goals Made (FGM): 1
Free Throws Attempted (FTA): .5
Free Throws Made (FTM): 1
3-point Shots Made (3PTM): 2
Points Scored (PTS): 1
Total Rebounds (REB): 1.2
Assists (AST): 1.5
Steals (ST): 3
Blocked Shots (BLK): 3
Turnovers (TO): -1

PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, IL, IL

I think you can find value by taking players that suck at free throws but get hacked a lot since even a missed free throw is worth points.

Guys like Harden obviously go up in value as well.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I think you can find value by taking players that suck at free throws but get hacked a lot since even a missed free throw is worth points.

Guys like Harden obviously go up in value as well.

Decent? (small 7 man league)

PG Rubio
SG Harden
G Oladipo
SF Butler
PF Cousins
F Aldridge
C M. Gasol
C Nurkic
UT Covington
UT A. Bradley
BN Dennis Smith Jr.
BN Ingram
BN Kuzma

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I haven't played in forever so I honestly couldn't tell you if it's good or not :v:

But at first glance I thought to myself that Harden is probably the best player so good job for getting him. Curry might end up higher since a 3 is worth double what a 2 is (1 for FGM, 2 for 3PM, 3 for points vs 1 for FGM and 2 for points) but Harden makes a bunch of those as well so hopefully it's enough that his other stats more than make up the difference.

Actually looking at it you don't have much three point shooting though so that might end up hurting you.

I usually don't play roto OR points leagues though so I might be missing something.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 16, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Doltos posted:

Alright guys the great $20 goon league is up

https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/153685/invitation?key=035fd45fab5934e1&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=86057619535a39ec

Settings are 12 teams H2H 9 cat with FG%, 3P%, FT%, Points, Assists, Rebounds, Steals, Blocks, and Turnovers. I kinda want to do a 10th cat for double doubles but I'll leave that up to a vote.

Draft is set for Tuesday, October 17th at 9:30 pm EDT. That can also be up to a vote as we get more people in.

Still need 8 more people by tomorrow for this or we'll have to move the draft/axe the league

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Doltos posted:

Still need 8 more people by tomorrow for this or we'll have to move the draft/axe the league

If you PM me the password I can start soliciting friends. Or maybe I don’t need a password? I haven’t bothered checking on an actual PC.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Theres no password right? I think you just need the link.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Doltos posted:

We'll both sign up this afternoon ~5. Better not fill up by then!

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 16, 2017

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Doltos posted:

:doh: I'll wait until after work tonight to send it out to any of my friends. I should be able to get 3 at least.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Any spots left in the Doltos league?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Green Gloves posted:

Any spots left in the Doltos league?

5 of 12 currently, not sure how many everyones bringing in from Deimos and Resident

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

Doltos posted:

5 of 12 currently, not sure how many everyones bringing in from Deimos and Resident

Sent a pm.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
How early is too early to draft Ben Simmons? I haven't played fantasy basketball in a decade. League scoring is head to head weekly match-ups out of 8 categories.12 teams and I was thinking late 3rd/early 4th for Simmons

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Doltos posted:

Wife and I are both signed up now, looks like that leaves 5 spots? 7 in so far

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

DC Murderverse posted:

i will get my revenge, somehow.

edit: i joined your league, Daltos. in for a penny, in for a pound, i suppose!

sorry :(

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Missed the post with the league link. I joined now at 8 of 12.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
Utility spots count the same regular roster spots, right ?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Right, they're just wildcard spots

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Green Gloves posted:

Missed the post with the league link. I joined now at 8 of 12.

I got 3 friends to join so we’re up to 11. They should all be solid competitors. Might be able to get 1 more before draft time tomorrow if needed. We can also kick them out if any goons got left out that wanted to join.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
One spot left drafts tonight!!

https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/153685/invitation?key=035fd45fab5934e1&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=86057619535a39ec

First come first serve!!

resident
Dec 22, 2005

One more of my friends is signing up, but he probably can’t make the live draft so we can kick him out if needed.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Can we update league settings to daily roster changes? Weekly kinda sucks for fantasy bball.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Oops I forgot about that and agree

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

It's 1.5 games for 4 teams but how does it handle the games that will happen before/during the draft?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Doltos posted:

Oops I forgot about that and agree

Looks like the questions of 3pt% for 3pt made as a scoring category came up. I'd prefer 3pt made. I'm also wondering if we should change the season to be 21 weeks instead of 23 weeks. I feel like the playoffs always become a total random crapshoot with the number of players that get shutdown the last 2 weeks.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

resident posted:

Looks like the questions of 3pt% for 3pt made as a scoring category came up. I'd prefer 3pt made. I'm also wondering if we should change the season to be 21 weeks instead of 23 weeks. I feel like the playoffs always become a total random crapshoot with the number of players that get shutdown the last 2 weeks.

Earliest I can do is weeks 21 through 23 as the playoffs with 8 teams in, I can change that to 6 if we want to reward byes.

I initially had it to 3 points made then changed it to percent to keep certain guys from being auto wins for that category but ill change it back for now.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
now that that's filled up I wouldn't mind making another yahoo fantasy goon league if anyone's interested. need more leagues more drafts

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Punkin Spunkin posted:

now that that's filled up I wouldn't mind making another yahoo fantasy goon league if anyone's interested. need more leagues more drafts

If you still want a spot in my league we can kick the guy who's going to be autodrafting

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Doltos posted:

If you still want a spot in my league we can kick the guy who's going to be autodrafting

Tony's Team is the one on autodraft, fyi. I might be inputting his picks for him since he is available over phone during a layover from 6:30-7PDT, but it's fine if he gets booted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
it's cool, I'd feel bad taking someone's spot. it's always funny having the one autodraft anyway

anyone who wants to get in on a random free goon league just PM me or quote this post. #needmoreleagues

• Locked thread