Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
Please tell me you can get an Old Blood riding a Carnosaur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Ze Pollack posted:

that is still one of the dumbest things. time for Corporation Lore!

so, GW, makers of overpriced tiny plastic toys and an associated bad game from which this Good Game sprang, had a consistent problem with other plastic toy sellers selling stuff that was Definitely Not For Use In Warhammer Wink Wink Nudge Nudge. GW eventually took one of the most notable of these guys to court on the subject of "No, Seriously, Come The gently caress On, This Is Definitely IP Infringement, Right."

yeah well here's the catch: they pushed WAY too hard trying to get a favorable precedent in the case, and the judge dropped fire from heaven on them for it. "No, Actually, YOU Come The gently caress On, You Can't Copyright The Term "Space Marine," You loving Nerds."

in order to defend against further owns of this kind, GW proceeded to rename basically everything in its game lines. so it was that Tower Guard became Darkshards, Dark Elf Swordsmen became Bleakswords, Dark Elf Spearmen became Dreadspears, orcs became Orruks, elves became Aelves, Imperial Guard became Astra Militarum, etc etc IT WAS REALLY DUMB.

Was an added effect of this judgment that they had to drop WHF and make bad 40k where psychers are now wizards?

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice

Mordja posted:

You can, but the picture you just posted features a Skink Oracle riding a Troglodon. :spergin:

I blame Steve at MiniWarGaming for never bringing a loving Old Blood on a Carnosaur.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice
Are there plans for Ogre Kingdoms, Tomb Kings, and Chaos Daemons? Tomb Kings are the only things even remotely as cool as Lizardmen.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice
This same discussion came up right before War of the Chosen dropped for XCOM 2. Is this like a thing now?

Why do developer make new game that better and not improve old game for free?