Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I can't wait to play these rats an inevitably get most of them killed in increasingly-callous ways to suit my own ends.

Also can't wait to skewer rats, elves, and lizards on the end of a lance all at once with the assistance of blatantly-stereotypical Frenchmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
"SCAMPER!

SCURRY!

GET TO THE
*skaven equivalent of a rotary-winged aircraft*!"

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Any mod recommendations for making diplomacy more robust? While the name of the game is Total War, I'd love to be able to interact with my neighbors beyond "hey do you want some iron/let's beat up this other guy/join me or die."

I don't necessarily need a mod that turns it into a game of Civ 4*, but being able to restore lost factions, create alliances/vassals that count towards objectives, and the ability to ask the ai "hey dont walk all over my border/move that army away/dont capture this city" would be fantastic.

*If there exists a mod that somehow adds fantasy World's Fairs and Wrestlemania UN councils I will love you forever

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I can't wait to play as a walking pimple and his cousins Red Orc, BDSM Enthusiast, and Just An Actual Bird

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I want two combined maps: One that's a reasonable, tightened-up Mortal Empires map suited for stable, enjoyable games, and another that's literally just all three game's campaign maps haphazardly stitched-together into a hideous, barely-playable thunderdome where every AI turn takes roughly ten minutes to complete.

Also does Cathay have any precedence for insane, Shaw Brothers-esque kung fu nonsense to appear in this game? I want to fight watermelon monsters with amputees wielding flying guillotines.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
You have no idea how badly I want a Warhammer-ed unit of flying guillotine assassins. I want to see goofy-rear end murder-hats ripping calvary off their horses like it's some kind of insane wuxia-themed fishing tourney.

I'll also settle for a unit of Evil Bettys.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
My unsubstantiated prediction is that Nagash will be the last major content update to the game, where he'll exist as an alternate end-game crisis where he attempts to seal away chaos and turn everyone into unwilling citizens of his worldwide undead empire.

Provinces suddenly turning into minefields of high-attrition zones birthing undead armies; Factions having to cooperate in defending warp-sensitive locations across the world; Chunks of allied ai factions flipping allegiance due to a sudden case of zombie plague; There's a lot of ways to differentiate it from the chaos invasion.

Have Nagash's armies be comprised of reskinned, undead versions of the factions they spawn from (plus anything they kill along the way), alongside challenging stacks of high-tier, "best-of" units built from multiple races and led by unique undead generals.

Manage to hold back the tide of undead? Congratulations, you made Nagash leave his pyramid to solve the issue of "why aren't you a skeleton yet". Make him into a single-unit boss fight with multiple phases and plenty of ridiculous abilities being tossed around like confetti and you've got yourself a cool little send-off for the entire trilogy.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I love my stupid Monty Python Frenchmen so I'm gonna throw caution to the wind and toss my 2 cents in this:

All I really want for Bretonnia (and all mounted units in general) is more intuitive charging mechanics. I've been playing this accursed game for years and I still have no real idea if my knights successfully rear-charged the AI's line of spears unless I mouse-over morale details.

Gimmie some visual and audio indicators when a unit is benefiting from charge bonuses. How about some speed trails when a unit builds up enough momentum, or TF2-style crit-sounds when an enemy takes a charge without bracing? Toss a shiny border on unit cards; just give me something.

And similar to the above, give the player some hints when they should pull their calvary out of the melee. "Hon-hon-hon, ze destitute masses have drawn ze enemy's attention like ze most fragrant cheese; we should bravely-disengage and strike zhese cowards' backsides while zhey are at zheir weakest!" or some other audio cues would work well enough.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
If I were CA/GW I'd just shamelessly rip-off Sekiro. Gimmie a run-down kingdom knee-deep in civil war over the secrets of eternal life (which turn out to be fueled by centipede Chaos magic).

That would give you a great mixture of down-to-earth units like swordsmen and gunners led by giant warlords weilding wacky powers, while allowing you to go hog-wild with poo poo like headless ghosts, chaos monks, and captured monsters that you guide into enemy formations before sending them into a berserk rage.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Fellatio del Toro posted:

a unit of infantry that starts out up in the air on kites and then as a one time thing could glide a limited distance over enemy lines would be sick

I would pay good money to see an entire unit of howling kite-men dive-bomb a formation of terrified waywatchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

juggalo baby coffin posted:

im going to stop predicting stuff because everything i call ends up looking fucky in some sick monkeys paw fashion. at this rate we'll get rotigus and he'll just be like a mildly fat guy with acne

Keep predicting Nagash so we get the hosed-up original miniature appearance