Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Stephen9001 posted:

This reminds me, Legend of total war (unless I'm misremembering) is doing a Tyrion campaign, and one of the first things he did was dismiss the starting pheonix on the grounds the upkeep is too high, and is more efficiently spent on more archers. I don't care if he seemed to prove that was in fact the mechanically optimal choice, if you decided to replace a monster you get to start with with more archers, you are terminally boring.

Yeah, this is the Legend way. I respect that he doesn't give a gently caress, and sometimes I find it interesting how he breaks the game but mostly he's just a bit of an abrasive dong and his battles are super boring because of the hot cheese.

Also sup WH2 thread. I expect goons to take cool screenshots for the thread because I can't play this game until November. Please help me get my fix until then.

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

My hot take is that Turin and PartyElite are the best, milkandcookies is decent and everyone else can hit the road!!

Heirofcarthage's obsession with lothern sea guard hurt me too fellow goon

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

can we rename the thread to 'steamhead duardin'

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Re: witch elf poison

Dark Elves seem to be quite the Swiss army knife, their roster looks fun as hell even if they are edgelords

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Junkenstein posted:

Do any of them have big gaps like no cavalry or no ranged?

Skaven are lacking entirely in the cavalry department. They are highly mobile, but Rat Ogres are the closest thing to cav they have. Lizardmen don't have any traditional archer units either, instead relying on lower range skirmishers. I don't think they're as drastic as Dwarfs or VC but there are some clear strengths and weaknesses. Both Elf factions have a good selection of all unit types.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

You can turn the auto skirmish off in game options

also, chameleon skinks are the most adorable unit

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

# of kills. If you hover over the Murderous Prowess bar in battle it will tell you how many enemies you need to kill for it to proc. It scales depending on the size of the enemy army.

Also I just had the craziest battle as Mazdamundi vs Skrolk.

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Oct 4, 2017

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

I really do love this

maybe a bug?

nah totally intentional

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Randarkman posted:

Speaking of skinks... is it just me or do they say "hola skinks!" when you select them?

Yes it's an Estalian loan word

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Please put this in the OP for high elves

https://youtu.be/hm17meYVbcY

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

KPC_Mammon posted:

Dwarf changes look amazing. I'm excited about the improved irondrakes gaining knock back, larger unit size, ap damage, and morale debuffs. Artillery being improved is also very nice.

Where are you seeing these changes? I would love see what lovin' the Dawi received.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

SteelMentor posted:

So apparently the Chaos invasion's still in Mortal Empires. I seriously hope they drastically tweak it otherwise playing as a Old World faction is gonna suck until you deal with it. Nobody wants to be stuck milling around Kislev, ignoring the other bloody half of the map until Archaon shows up for his customary swirly.

I mean, I'm sure the New World factions will have to deal with Chaos too.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

Some people on the official forums tried to line up the snippet of map in the announcement to the dataleak:

Maps big

Yeah I'm not too worried about some parts being chopped, it's gonna be loving huge. Now imagine the Mortal Empires with Warhammer 3's campaign tacked on... drat.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Yeah, that would make Slayers own a lot more. They've received a small price reduction in Warhammer 2 but no other changes afaik, sadly. Artillery is apparently massively improved though, excited to see Dwarfs get buffs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, give the Master Engineer cool 'mounts' like a gyrocopter/bomber of his own, maybe some different weapon loadouts too. Especially now that he's just a lovely version of the Warlock engineer. The Dwarf Heroes need some more utility and flavor.

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Oct 13, 2017

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

On the campaign map, it would be nice if dwarfs had a way to reach their higher tier tech units a bit earlier, their growth is the lowest of anyone for thematic reasons but it means you got to go most of the campaign on just warriors/longbeards and quarrelers/grudge throwers with gunpowder sidegrades.

A rite like the warhammer2 races get along the likes of this might solve the unit diversity.
Dwarven prototype: 2500g, 1 or 2 random advanced tier 4-5 units and a choice of 1 of 4 crafted magic items.

Yeah, the Dwarfs can feel bland for a while because of it. They have some really interesting and fun units but you don't see them for so long. It doesn't help that their tier 1 units are absolute badasses on their own, but that's the Dawi.

Also forgot to add Daemonslayer Heroes to the Dawi roster. A singular angry Dwarf with the bite of a Carnosaur who gets bonuses to assassination on the campaign map. More of a hero/Lord/monster assassin than the Thane who would be an army buffer.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Skaven are already pretty drat powerful with a tool for nearly every occasion. I don't think they need anything more.

What a lame opinion, of course they need Pavise Sniper Squads, Gatling guns and lawnmower chariots.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

I think I'm more excited for blood than the ME campaign, though the fact that they coincide is nice. I'm loving Warhammer 2 but it just feels off without my Saurus warriors turning Skaven into a red paste, I'm excited to see how bloody magic is now considering it's buffs.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Motherfuckers didn't put Ungrim in Karak Kadrin

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

It'd be cool if Bugman's Rangers were melee capable, making them into a Shade/Lothern Sea Guard-esque ranged hybrid for the Dwarfs. You don't see them much and it's a shame because they look rad as gently caress and why haven't we got Josef Bugman himself as a character?????

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Yeah, I mean Quarrellers can defend themselves, but Bugman's Rangers could have more impressive melee stats allowing them to cut through foes in melee quicker, on the account of them being all liquored up or something. Maybe it's not the most inspired idea, but some improvement would be welcome imo

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Some early access Mortal Empires videos up

PartyElite going over factions new start positions/win conditions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNU75e2alLc

Also, not only will Norsca be unavailable in Mortal Empires, the entire patch that came with them won't, and neither will the new Regiments of Renown. Bit of an awkward mess, feels like the ULTIMATE CAMPAIGN MAP EDITION is a bit hamstrung without that stuff, but whatever.

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 23, 2017

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

@Hieronymus: All of the 30th Anniversary free ones. Bretonnia, Beastmen, Wood Elves & Warriors of Chaos.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

THE THRONG IS MUSTARD

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Pretty good patch notes. Happiest to see the order bug fixed, that was the biggest issue imo

So excited for Blood & Gore back tomorrow :woop:

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

The Hellpit Abominations apparently aren't working very well against massed infantry and people were saying the animations were the issue, perhaps thats the fix? I don't have much experience using the HPA, I'm not sure.

The Tyrion buffs are cool but I think it's funny he doesn't have flaming attacks considering his sword, SUNFANG, is literally on fire.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Yeah the Gemstone Mines in Karaz-a-Karak give bonuses to Hammerers and Ironbreakers now iirc, we can expect to see other resources give bonuses to other units. I really like this change a lot, resource buildings were really poo poo in Warhammer 1. Between the extra effects and the improved trade income in Warhammer 2 they're real good.

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 25, 2017

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

in the mean time, there is a pretty amazing Araby mod in the works for Warhammer 2, check out this showcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL9NbuohIDk

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

A skeleton, that is dead: hmm I don't like this climate it makes my rattly bones all moist

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Didn't think they'd even make a blood trailer again, nice! Malekith's fancy shield decapitation was pretty great.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

John Charity Spring posted:

I was getting the payment method error thing in Steam itself but clicking download on the page here worked for me. It's an extra 680mb download on top of the 4.5gb of the patch.

Yeah this worked just fine for me, I didn't encounter a purchase page.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

As if Mazdamundi wasn't the most beautiful being??

bask in his girth, warmblood

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

The Dwarf public order building now produces Kegs and at level 2 it allows recruitment of Bugman's Rangers so you don't need a brewery. Bugman's Rangers also got a melee defence and big health boost.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Anybody else's Greenskins going hog wild in their Dwarf campaign? I don't remember them being this aggressive, it's pretty fun though, Grombrindal's axe has never been happier.

I managed to confederate Karak Kadrin early on because they were getting stomped by Red Eye, Skarsnik took Izor from Belegar real early but he's taking the province back and Barak Varr has been smashed down to their capital by Grimgor.

Urks, Urks everywhere.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Surtha Ek rides again

It's so weird that this campaign is a big step forward in some ways but we lost an entire substantial patch worth of changes and we're fighting hordes of Marauder Horsemen again

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

120 turns into my Vlad Mortal Empires game and all I can say is gently caress the dorfs.

Took all of Sylvania pretty early. Was helped by Manfred being an idiot and after losing Drakenhof he just ping ponged between the three closest Dwarf holds making a nice buffer but otherwise leaving me alone. The Empire didn't seem to get their poo poo together so I managed to to slowly take everything non Dwarf hold up to the edge of Altdorf, as well as Akendorf in the south.

However I wasn't paying attention to Thorgrim and the fact that he managed to confederate everybody before like turn 100, then smashed northwest taking the border princes and most of Tilea leaving him with 30 something settlements. The Greenskins also confederated early but got utterly mauled by Thorgrim leaving them with like five settlements in the north. Now out of the blue the Dwarfs declare war on me and lay seige to Akendorf with four full stacks of high tier troops led by Ungrim and Grombrindal as well as teleporting Thorgrim through the underway into the middle of my empire. Ive never had a good handle on VC economy so I've only got about 3.8 stacks of good troops running around. I manage to beat up Thorgrim but one of my full stacks was stuck in Akendorf before the sudden war dec and seige so I'm prob going to lose him since I doubt he can stand up to 80 units of longbeards, hammerers, and artillery. It's going to be a hell of a fight with less than three stacks against all that, especially since I can see on the periphery at least two more large Dwarf armies :psyduck: . So yeah, don't ignore Thorgrim, he's a loving steamroller if the Greenskins don't try to kick him in the teeth early.

Does anyone else find that the AI confederates a lot faster in ME?

See, I'm playing the Dwarfs and the both Mannfred and Vlad are going hog wild, they annihilated Zhufbar and while they aren't in an alliance they've never fought each other, instead in a mutual agreement yo gently caress up the Dawi and Empire sub factions. Had to get a peace treaty with Vlad because I'm at war with so many Greenskins and every other Dwarf realm is failing save maybe Belegar. The Greenskins feel like a big threat this campaign, and the Vampires occupying Dwarf holds adds some stress, it's really fun.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Kainser posted:

I'm pretty sure Chameleon skinks are the best units on the lizardmen roster.

they're also the most adorable units, those toad pelts!!!!!!!!

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

'Khazukan Kazakit-Ha' did a lot of those things, any chance we'll see it ported over Gejnor?

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

Helman GHOST

PUMPKING Louen Leoncoeur

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Holy poo poo thats a long time for Norsca, but I have to give them some props for admitting they've hosed up. I've kinda shelved WH2 for a little bit playing Empire Divided and other games, but Tomb Kings in January will definitely bring me back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Put the laboratory sliders in my campaign and then we'll be talkin'