Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Started an empire playthrough in me after chilling on the game for half a year. Gelt is actually fun time play now. The power bar says I'm mismatch, but the golden dogs that just killed an eighth of the enemy army disagree :gettin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i just found out that if you make boris todbringer spymaster it changes the title it gives him lmao

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I dont know posted:

Would you like to share with the rest of the class what his custom title is?

the emperor's eye

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

because boris only has one eye you see

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

peer posted:

I'm.... pretty sure it's "eye" for all of them

Yeah,according to the tool tip it's emperos eyes for anyone else

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

LLSix posted:

Any suggestions for a Grimgor orc game? Every battle I win I end up with at least 3 or 4 of my units mostly dead which makes it hard to take a city before they've replenished their own troops. I'm about 10 turns in and have a full stack of mostly orc boyz but lost my black orc unit fending off a double stack.

orc boys are good enough at killing, but they're bad as staying alive. Go for big uns asap, they have a lot more staying power

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ca's best campaigns are the ones that have you on a tight time limit so you have to rush and make risky moves instead of turtleing up, which does a decent job of covering up for lackluster 4x gameplay by minimizing the amount of timenspemt.. The minicampaigns in Napoleon total war we're great for this. Here your army, tear rear end, if you gently caress up then whellllllp get gud cause you got like 25 turns to finish this poo poo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ZearothK posted:

I am pretty sure it is a Caribbean in the Age of Piracy mini-campaign for Empire Total War.

that would own

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

I will never understand what they were thinking when they designed the sigmarines.

"how do we add space marines to a setting with no space?"

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

The Chaos Warriors already manage that while looking about 100% less stupid, which is saying a lot because even they have silly looking edgelord outfits.

not enough fascism

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

my mind says that i shouldnt put 5 grenade mobs at the center of my line but my heart says :torgue:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i beat a rogue pirate battle and now my teclis campaign has 20000 gold stashed away on turn 20 lmaooo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

chaleski posted:

The large army battles wouldn't be so bad if the deployment of them wasn't so clunky

Sure, let me align my second army that trickles in one unit at a time on the opposite side of the map while the battle has already started

Best part is when they spawn behind your army. Hell yeah I'm gonna bushwack half the enemy army before the can even organize

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

so do you non cav users just not chase fleeing units and cut them down so you don't have the deal with them in a follow up battle or nah

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Also never saw the point of empire knights. Reiksguard do the job so much better and if im just looking for a harasser/ flanker pistoliers and outriders do the job better, especially since running down fleeing units will level them up enough to where they punch harder than you'd think.

The trick with running units down with ranged cav is to just let them shoot things and only close to melee when they're out of ammo in my experience. Also aim for units that are still mostly intact. A unit of like 10/100 dudes is loving nothing and will take a lot longer to whittle down to half compared to a unit that's at 70/100

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fangz posted:

The AI flat out cannot be allowed to do many of the tricks human players use because many of them will be very, very unfun to be on the recieving side of.

plus the ai gets its own tricks. boy that fortress managed to fight off that orc army with massive losses. better hope there's not a second orc army attacks it from the other side, in my territory, which had no orcs in it last turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i honestly liked the vortex map and when I had factions that ignored the actual vortex I kinda preferred it to mortal empires