Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also Tyrion has the elf mechanic that will let him make friends with his neighbors quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Unless I missed it and am just stupid it appears public Order does something now at least for High Elves.

Namely having it higher increases your growth, and taxes, lowers recruitment cost, and increases recruitment capacity

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ze Pollack posted:

yeah this is pretty lore appropriate tbh. as Tyrion, you are not the Phoenix King. you are a general the Phoenix King kind of likes, and a general the Phoenix King's wife REALLY likes, wink wink, in charge of the garrison-kingdom Lothern. when you try telling the king of Saphery what to do, the repugnant little nerd tells you "that's nice, you can gently caress off now."

well, that's a lie, he says "your counsel is most appreciated, lord tyrion, and we will take efforts to bring your vision to pass," but he says it in his king-addressing-courtier voice instead of his king-meeting-an-equal voice, so the same message is communicated.

Using Intreige to make friends among them is also useful.

From what I can tell. Only Caledor needs to actually be beat up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
To avoid the problem of a managing all of Ulthuan I preferred to make friends instead. I only really beat up Caledor the rest I tended to vasselize.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Eimi posted:

I might've confederated too easily then. I'm not sure. Ellyrion ran wild, taking over the entire western half of the island but they were friends with me. I confederated Yvrese, then Avelorn, and then them, which left me with most of the island. The big problem was Saphery HATED my guts the entire game, and this lead to Malekith being able to get them to join war with me. Which kind of lead to the situation I'm in right now, my armies converging to collapse on Saphery and take them out, saw the ritual cities were all on inner Ulthuan, hit the button, and then right as I do everything goes to poo poo on the outside.

E; Also I've been avoiding military alliances like the plague after my experience in the first game. Are they handled any better here?

The elves for the most part h ave not gotten into fights in my game. Plus you have intriuge which lets you manipulate factions relationships with each other.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Like the Dark Elf campaign preview showed Intervention armies work best as a distraction or as back up to one of your forces. Firing and forgetting them does not seem super useful unless you get lucky.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I would say an easy fix for the ritual would be a change to the spawned chaos armies AI. Namely that they will always focus ritual settlements and ignore the rest. As that seems to be the big problem everyone is having.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
When ever I have Malakith fight he gets a minimum of 300 kills he is a hilarious poo poo wrecker.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Chomp8645 posted:

ATM it has a campaign with much more content, and more polished too.

The name "Warhammer 2" is really misleading imo. It's much like Napleon, Attila, and Fall of Samurai. It's a fake sequel. Really it's an expansion in every sense that an old school gamer would understand the term, albeit it's a big expansion.

It's more of a sequel then most Total War games to another are. Lots of new mechanics a big new and massive brand new map. 4 new very different factions.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Third World Reggin posted:

high elves white wash their lovely history

To be fair Dwarfs do that too. They even have a habit of utterly ignoring things that they feel make them look bad and so never learn from those mistakes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Night10194 posted:

I had actually always thought that Malekith threw himself on the fire to try to avert a civil war and prove his worth (and just had it go very badly), only to learn that the canon thing was 'HAHA I murdered the king and surrounded the palace with my evil cultists, surely the Gods will be pleased with OH gently caress FIRE MOM HELP!'

Malekith is an idiot.

And also murdered a bunch of other princes that did not like me murdering the king.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nanomashoes posted:

Malekith is really the rightful phoenix king though.

He would be had he been popular enough for the other Princes to say yeah you can be Phoenix King. And not murder them and starting a civil war.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I nearly lost a Grey Seer to disloyalty. But luckily the game give me a chance to give him extra loyalty from him creating a in game event that was pretty much me giving him poo poo and sabotaging myself to keep him around.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I feel with just a frew changes to the ritual stuff it could be much much more interesting. Namely making the final battle much harder.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Is there any way to screw up the Warp-shard armor quest for Queek? The quest chain is no longer showing up in my quest list, and i don't have the armor. Haven't done the fight yet. My lil' dude is like level 14, about turn 30.

Did you listen to your stupid subordinates telling you that maybe you should start doing your job again. I have no idea if this messes it up. But I did not feel like risking it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I'm not sure I even got the popup for that, I might've clicked through it if i did. But loading prior saves I can't even find one where it triggered at all.

What was the last step you did.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Checking over the event log and over old saved games, there was no first step; I hit level six and the skill screen got a checkmark, but nothing else has ever shown in my quest log for that quest chain.I've gotten it before on prior Queek games.

Ah so the quest just did not trigger for some reason.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

If you told me a cutscene from this game would leave me screaming "Yes! YEESSSS!!!" like a loving supervillain I wouldn't have believed you, but that penultimate Skaven cutscene was pretty much perfect. Between Skaven did 9/11 everything and Nerdrat embracing his inner Skaven and taking out a member of the Council it was everything I hoped for, and so much more. I was already a pretty big Skaven fan before this game came out, but it definitely cemented them as my favorite.

He did not actully kill a member of the Council just a Grey Seer who was representing their interests.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yukitsu posted:

Tempest might just be the best spell ever made. It basically negates any unit type air units and if I have a star dragon, lets me just assassinate any air based lord in the game. As soon as people know about it being amazing they'll stop taking air against HE and I won't have to spend points on it since no one will take air against HE after.

Then they will recounter it by taking Air against the HE counting on you expecting them not to take Air.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
For Queek I like to use Stormvermin and Clanrats as the baseline to tine the enemies up. While Warp Lightning Cannons and Warpfire throwers blast the enemy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Things I would do to make the Ritual stuff better. (In my opinion)

Make the final battles much harder. Let AI retry even if they lose. Make it so that chaos stacks focus your ritual preforming settlements in greater number. Make the AI more interested in stopping other rituals.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah I see Snikch as a special hero. Maybe he is only single use like that Engineer from the rites, but if you do get him he has like a 90% chance of assassinating his target.

President Ark posted:

e: fun fact, deathmaster snikch is one of the few skaven who has mastered the art of tri-wielding - carrying a weapon in each hand plus one in his tail (the 'tail-blade' mentioned in lord talents is usually strapped to the tail and most skaven aren't very coordinated with it) and also killed the reincarnation of sigmar before GW decided they wanted the ruler of the empire to be sigmar instead so the game would be more like 40k

As well in the Final Battle for Eight Peaks in the End Times. The Deathmaster killed Thorgrim (Who had killed Queek, who had killed Belgar. And a Rat under Queek had killed Gobbla causing Skarsnik to lose spirit and leave.)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 4, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

madmac posted:

CA has shown absolutely no regard for any "this character will be a hero" theories so far, so I'll believe they're interested in creating legendary heroes when I see it.

They made the Green Knight a hero.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Panfilo posted:

Balthasar Gelt gets a revamped magic tree giving access to 3 tiers of each spell. He also gets a capstone skill which lets any wizard in his army cast spells at 1 tier higher than they currently unlocked.

Think you misunderstood how the new magic tree works in 2. (or I did and am being stupid as I have not played a caster LL yet.) I belive the generic lords have 3 tiers for their spells while the Legendary Ones have 2, But the the 2 points you put in fully upgrade the spell while generic lords require the 3 points to fully upgrade it.

Or did I misread how it works and Legendary Lords get an extra upgrade on their spells.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NLJP posted:

Someone earlier linked a party elite vid that apparently showed some neat things to do with skaven in battle. Anyone got a link? I didn't have time to watch it and can't find it again now.

Yeah here

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

President Ark posted:

in the tabletop he had something ridiculous like a 50% ward save but any time the ward save kicked in, instead of the damage just going away it hit another skaven nearby

I remember him getting a AoE spell that did something like 3d6 hits except when it hit Skaven in which case it did double that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Because of the brutal slugout I am in with Krog-Gar in my Queek game I have largely forgotten to look for treasure. (Cause I need all my forces near me.) I am somthing like 80 turns in have 2 rituals down, allied with Clan Pestilens. Yet my lack of skill has prevented me from defeating Krog-Gar. I am near dead even with him and even when I do beat his big nasty stacks I gennerally have lost several of my own stacks and am too weakened to finish him off forcing one of us to offer peace to rebuild.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
109 turns or so in my Queek Campaign and I finally have Kroq-Gar on the ropes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So due to this thread saying Load Times for Total Warhammer were massively improved by getting an ssd. I got an ssd. Now I have no idea what to do with it or how to set it up or anything.

Can any of you tell me how or direct me to some place that will tell me how to get all this set up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tornhelm posted:

Part 1:
Steam menu -> Settings -> Downloads -> Content Libraries (Steam Library Folders) and make a directory for Steam Games on your SSD.

Part 2:
Right-click on Total Warhammer in Steam -> Properties. Local Files tab -> Move install folder. Choose the directory you made on the SSD from the drop down box.

Wait for steam to move the files from your HDD to the SSD.

Thanks. Though While I got the SSD set up for some reason its not letting me use all the Space in my SSD. Like as I have no idea how it works 800 GB is blocked off to me.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 7, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

Did you make a separate partition by accident when you formatted it?

It appears so. Anyway I fixed it with some help.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

sassassin posted:

Intervention armies shouldn't exist. All they do is encourage turtling up, since you don't need to go out and disrupt rituals, and have to be ready for first turn attacking full stacks spawning into your territory.

Bad game design.

Not really. Intervention armies tend not to be strong enough to actully disrupt rituals on their own. It's better if you have a stack yourself that can support them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

sassassin posted:

"A stack" of your own instead of marshalling the full weight of your military might on a campaign across oceans to secure the future of your homeland and the world (in that order).

Well yeah. I would keep at least my Main stack at home just in case someone decides to attack.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I do hope they add a Nagash End times event in Mortal Empires.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ravenfood posted:

In Mortal Empires it looks like, kind of strangely, that Malekith is going to spend a lot of time fighting/confederating Dark Elves before he can really get to any other race. High Elves are now basically straight south through Morathi's lands unless he launches a naval invasion, but iirc those territories are fairly uninhabitable for DEs. He's got Norsca to the east and is in probably the best position to raid Bretonnia and the Empire, though he also has the strongest position in terms of defensive ability since most of his major threats are either Morathi or need to come by sea once he secures his borders. Hopefully the AI Malekith starts loving with/raiding around the Old World pretty quick. Morathi looks like a fairly fun start, though not too different from the Vortex Campaign since she now has to sail around Ulthuan to get anywhere new. She does come into contact with High Elves a lot earlier though, and still can do alright for herself going around Ulthuan to the north.

Malekith had no issues running over to Ulthaun and beating them up and taking their land.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The best Maneater is this one

He saw a housewife berating her husband and from the way he was cowering he thought she must be a badass warrior.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

There are beastmen, orcs and norse up in that corner as well.

Skaven too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ammanas posted:

Man I'm kinda sad how much they nerfed warp lightning cannons. They were disgusting and game breaking but so fun. Now they're pretty middling

You sure cause I have been testing them out and they are kind of ripping people apart.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
For Queek I have decided to just rush for Eight Peaks. Slaughtering and buring my way through while upgrading my forces to defeat the mutinous gits. Ignoring Kroqgar smashing my old home as he makes a good distraction for other Undead and Orc who could have been bothering me. Eight Peaks is a better homebase anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

DeathSandwich posted:

Only for specific flamethrower units IIRC, unless they added that to Knights of the Burning Sun and Glade Guard with Starfire and that Dwarf Warrior Regiment of Renown and such.

No, avoid OG vampire counts for now and play as Vlad and Isabella

Mannfred is still fine. As he was already solid enough to not really need any updates. (Having an extra lore of magic was really good to him.)