Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Is Steel Faith Overhaul still the mod to go for a general improvement mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I'm having a really weird issue with TWW I, I can't get it to launch. Suddenly Steam refuses to launch the game at all, no error message or anything. Can't even verify the cache integrity, clicking on the button does nothing. What gives? TWW2 launches just fine.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Nope, it's a freshly built computer that's on a completely separate network. I played it just fine last week, even.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

So uh were the Asur gates set up only to stop Druuchi invasions? The eastern side of Ulthuan is really hard to defend during rituals due to the impassable mountain range, which sucks. In comparison to what came before, the final battle was a piece of cake.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Controlling all of Ulthuan is just a big headache, I think I would limit myself to the inner provinces if I were to do it again.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

What's the deal with the Norsca DLC again? I keep seeing people mentioned CA hosed up re: Norsca, but I wasn't around at the time.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I just hope we see Chaos Dwarves in TWH3

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Is there any way for the game to remember that I have installed the Free DLCs so I don't have to click the "Click to show" button every time?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Every time I witness a cavalry charge sending tens of models flying, I'm reminded I'll have to wait a year+ to see Ogres do the same :(

Oh well at least I have dinosaurs in the mean time.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I just can't imagine the Game 3 equivalent of Mortal Empires not taking five minutes between turns at this rate

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I honestly see Araby as more likely than Cathay or Ind. And Araby's already a stretch.

That said, I suppose they will have to make poo poo up eventually because they've already released basically every important TT faction aside from Ogres and Daemons. Hobgoblins are a good idea I hadn't thought about, we'll see possibly next year.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Can anyone confirm this is an issue with the faction unlocker? This is Clan Skryre getting NEGATIVE public order from Skaven corruption.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

JBP posted:

Is SFO still for Nazis?

In terms of Vanilla to Deus Et Impera, how slow is the battle side of things in SFO? :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Try Deus et Impera! It turned me around on my opinions on Rome 2.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Raygereio posted:

Does that mod improve the combat in any way?
Maybe Warhammer spoiled me, but I tried the Emporer Edition of Rome II and the combat just felt off and not really interesting/engaging to me

Depends, what were your gripes exactly? DeI battles revolve around morale and stamina so flank security and reserves are really important. Worst I could say is that elite hoplites from the front are basically impervious to projectiles. Default DeI combat is super slow, but the ultra fast mod brings it to just about standard non-modded speed without losing the key elements I mentioned.

On the campaign map, it introduces a really neat regional population and auxilia system - there is also a very intuitive supply system. I'm on mobile but you should ask the general TW thread about it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I'm playing as von Carstein and for some reason Isabella's stack can't attack the same turn she begins sieging? Why?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

botany posted:

she doesn't have siege attacker, he does.

How have I never paid attention to that being a requisite??? This is like my 10th playthrough, holy poo poo. Thanks!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I made the mistake of installing Mixu's Legendary Lords in a game as Von Carstein. Fighting the Empire has been hell, they have like 6 or 7 legendary lords running around and even though I've captured half of their territory (including Altford and Nuln), they pump out 3 full stacks every 8 turns or so. That wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for the level 18-20 legendary lords you can't permanently kill.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I really want to like Vampire Counts but even with an army full of high tier units (lowest tier stuff is Grave Guard) you can't autoresolve safely at all. Standard Empire garrison battle -> 50 casualties, decisive victory. Autoresolve? 400-500 casualites, close victory. I suppose Skaven have it worse.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1438446448

This looks like it could be really fun or really, really buggy

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I'm kind of tired of having enemy garrisons reinforce garrisoned armies from behind my lines while I'm laying siege to the city. How does that even make sense.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Ardent Communist posted:

They have a sally port and innate knowledge of terrain to escape your cordon and come back from the other side? It's not something impossible. Not everyone is Caesar.

Eh, you are right. It's just me venting after a bad fight. But reloaded the save, tried another tactic and I got a close victory :toot:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I'm currently playing as the Empire in ME. I confederated Talabecland early on (turn 20 or so), but now it's turn 75 and I haven't had a chance to confederate anyone else? I'm currently Military Allies with every single imperial province (approval rating is between 100 and 200, depending on the province). Is there a breakpoint? Or am I missing something here.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

This is 10 turns after Archaon spawned by the way. The End Times hasn't got poo poo on Manfred. Funnily enough he isn't at war with any neighbours except for a couple of Dwarven clans and the Border Princes.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Kinda related to the previous screenshot - does the +2 Chaos corruption event ever stop?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

toasterwarrior posted:

Once you beat Archaon for good, it's gone. Instead everyone gains the Unreliable and Aggressive traits and the world descends into

Total War

hahaha that's perfect. I killed him once, I suppose I gotta do it twice?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

toasterwarrior posted:

You just need to kill off the Chaos faction, so that means killing every horde army they have out. IIRC Chaos won't respawn its stacks anymore once Archaon and crew are on the field.

Ah, good. Thanks!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

If I kill Manfred's faction playing as the Von Carnstein, will I lose access to him? I see people talking about him getting unlocked after reuniting the entirety of Sylvania but I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

For some reason I get duplicated lords whenever I confederate a major faction - I confederated Teclis and Alariel and I got duplicates in my idle lords roster.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Only Crynsos' faction unlocker. And yes, I can hire them just fine :v: It's a carbon copy of the Lord as they were when I confederated their faction.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Cataph has a mod to fix that issue, IIRC. Less Rebel Rebels I think

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Just finished a Mors Vortex campaign after two failed attempts. Thank you to whoever recommended rushing a level 3 settlement for catapults vs Lizards, those and the cannons were MVP until I got enough Stormvermin to faceroll armies. The Skaven Scribe was adorably designed.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Vlad and Tyrion may be my favorite lords because they just refuse to die.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Out of curiosity, is there any specific reason as to why factions like that in Custom Battles? It kinda clutters the menu and I don't really see the point when the only differences are the LLs, as far as I see.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Plus TW3 being in pre-production.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Before I had actually played Orcs, I thought the Doom Divers were the lovely, cheap artillery piece and that the rock lobber was the actually good one. Imagine my surprise the first time I played as them.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I wonder how well a game with 4 villain factions would sell. I'd assume they'd add Chaos Dwarfs as DLC eventually, which certainly wouldn't help matters. I'm kinda holding out hope for Kislev.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

If I had to guess, Kislev, Ogre Kingdoms, Daemons of Chaos and Chaos Dwarfs would make sense as a base roster. Different Chaos armies as DLC. Shame is you run out of factions to add as DLC unless you start making up some.

Or GW could just randomly decide to get into the videogame industry and ask CA to stop using their license a la FFG before 3 ever comes out :v:

Azran fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 10, 2018

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

1) Goddamnit Tyrion we're at over 600 positive relationship points or whatever with each other, JUST LET ME HAVE THE DAMNED TRADE DEAL

2) I want to verify if the following's a bug or not (only running Rites of the Old World but that's certainly not it): the Beastmen that spawn with Archaon managed to cross an entire field without getting revealed, and only got revealed once they hit my lines. I'm talking about the entire army - even the Cygors materialized out of nowhere half a meter in front of my troops. As I was playing Dwarfs and I was depending on my artillery pieces to level the field, that was quite the surprise. Is it something Beastmen at some point or was it a bug? I've had a battle or two where terrain features fail to load in and I fight on an entirely empty field, so I suppose it being a bug isn't out of the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Lesson learned: don't let a rogue army get an entire province. They also got me on a plain with no forests, but I doubt that would've made a difference.