Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Would be really interesting if your 'court' in this one was one of two sides of the pantheon and your aligned gods can act as passive and active buffs on the heroes. Would be very fitting to make decisions like which hero to favour and which to let go.

Could also be a fun diplomacy mechanic. If someone breaks a pact or disregards the sanctity of a place then the other player can use their pool of Gods to inflict faction-wide debuffs. Would be a fun way to punish 'untrustworthiness' by having divine punishments scale to the severity of it.

Small hubris? - Assign a negative trait to an enemy hero of your choice.
Big hubris? - Send a plague that causes unavoidable faction-wide attrition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

They really weren't kidding about the turn times. Feel like I'm about to crash into something :stonklol:

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Total WAAAGHammer 2 - Dragon Paunch

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Has being able to go into raidin' camp stance at 0% movement always been an orc thing?

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Re: the Chaos campaign feeling like whack-a-mole, what if razing a settlement gave 100% corruption and shifted its terrain type to chaos wastes until it was brought down to, say, 50%? The damage would be longer-lasting, and it would take a concerted effort for Order to reclaim lands hit by the horde, while still allowing Norscan tribes to make use of it.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

So the NEOWISE comet passing over Earth apparently has twin tails.

http://www.sci-news.com/astronomy/parker-solar-probe-comet-neowise-twin-tails-08627.html

Anyone else been feeling a little Sotek lately?

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Ikit Claw and his ‘gentlemen’ rats are still king for me. Something about Skaven in fact being the most technologically advanced faction is just :discourse:

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

The best one imo is the skaven mortar crew dropping their ammo.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Was looking at Mandalore's video about WH2 and why Chaos doesn't really work and it got me thunkin'. If chaos corruption for the faction was tied to habitability do you think that would make a difference? Horde goes in, razes a settlement, puts up a shrine and it's basically red until you can cleanse the area and bump it back to yellow and green.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Am I missing something in the discussion about Skaven getting all the unique stuff? Because Grom and Eltharion were both very different from their base factions.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Looking at all this, it seems likely that if the latest Skaven mechanic was being able to use map-wide tunnels to secure cities and surrounding undercities to feed a hungry Skavenblight, people would be going mad about how it's game-breaking favouritism. Because those are WE mechanics though, they'll probably say the same thing about monster juice instead.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Sooo, Beastmen as the last WH2 DLC before 3 drops?

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Out of the loop recently, but is the last DLC likely to be Beastmen, what with the whole 'before Chaos come the Breyherds' thing?

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

The vibe I get from the books is like if Fallout New Vegas was a franchise and The Frontier was a licensed product.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

It's dumb pipe dream stuff but I think it'd be neat to have a Chaos layer to the map where you scheme and vie among the four gods for 'influence' that you use as currency to open portals onto the main map and wreck stuff with increasingly large armies. Could go about getting influence in different ways like encouraging wars or establishing creepy cults with their weird kinky rituals and man-harps.

Tirranek fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 6, 2021

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Probably a really obvious reason why this is a bad idea, but I was thinking a way of making razing more significant would be to have chaos corruption lower habitability. If you can get it high enough and turn a patch into chaos wastes it would take a lot more effort to resettle it.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

I dont know posted:

This combined with Cloak of Isha lossing 24% of it's ward save should hopefully make multiplayer WE less obnoxious. Unbreakable single entities are a massive pain.

Getting Skarsnik flashbacks against Agrund.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Is a lone dark elf a Druchus?

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Having now listened to both Drycha and Durthu bang on about it, can anyone tell me what 'fraxinar' is supposed to mean?

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Is that a dream catcher? :raise:

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Mordja posted:

That big ice spike seems to have more physicality than most other TWW spells with the way it pushes units around. Guessing it lasts for a while and can be used as a kind of wall?

Magic has always seemed to me like the most 'trust us, something cool is happening' aspect of the WH2. If they can give more of a kick to magic in 3 that will be amazing.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

It's basically a MOBA where you need to build and control the creeps as well. I'm bad at multitasking at the best of times, so 3 is near unplayable for me.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Getting a small army of your own forces to attack you is pretty metal.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Elves also have Alarielle, strong contender for the most annoying voice in both games to date.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Bretonnia flavour-wise is amazing because the more you learn about them, the more you see how truly awful they are.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Looking forward in the new (Im)mortal Empires mode to Skrolk being all cute and full of praise towards Nurgle sempai :allears:

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Twigand Berries posted:

What part of Britain is that accent from?

Pretty much any Wetherspoons after 7pm.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

As with most games, the best place to find the worst opinions are on the official forums.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

I haven't heard over enunciation like that since Warcraft 2.

Also Nurgle looks awesome! I think I'm going to be Tzeentch first but he seems almost vanilla compared to these guys.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

3K is so strange for me. I recognise that the systems are good, many of them better than in Warhammer, but for some reason I struggle to enjoy it.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Kanos posted:

The actual values in-game are absolutely too strong, but the core idea of "i put down a disposable settlement here whose primary purpose is to lock out enemy resettlement in an area until they root it out" is sublime.

Yeah, and Warriors of Chaos would really benefit from having this mechanic as well, I think.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

rideANDxORdie posted:

Absolutely. This is what I meant when I talked about not back-porting new horde mechanics to WoC making them feel not so great to play on campaign

Yeah and honestly I think them having this would fix most of their issues. They'd still be a bit one-note, but at least they could do what they're supposed to do.

The only other 'fix' I thought might be good is tying habitability to chaos corruption. At 90-100% it's uncolonizeble, 70-80 it's red, and so on. I imagine a change like that is harder than it sounds, though.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Muscle Tracer posted:

I'd imagine the major problem with that is it's tough to influence corruption of unowned settlements.

Good point :ohdear:

In that case, yeah, Beastman-style all the way, just with a chaos shrine instead of a herdstone.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

The graphic style of the map seems to be more abstracted as well. Not necessarily bad but I like the style in 2 a lot :ohdear:

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Also if you're playing AI you can sometimes pull away a flank and give your main line an easier time.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

I'm looking forward to playing Tzeentch so I can be poo poo with magic in all kinds of new ways.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Do huge unit sizes cause any problems in the other direction?

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Four chaos players wrangling separately for influence could be really fun. Can see battles being an issue, though.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Edit: nvm!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Wonder if it will be Toddbringer.