Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stranger danger
May 24, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Finished a Queek ME campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXjmIOvZplU

His voice work is top notch with how giddy he gets about anything related to himself, key to his campaign is definitely upgrading the minor in the province to t3 and filling his army with stormvermin and 5-6 catapults asap and then grabbing a T4-5 Lahmia 10 slot capital for the rest of your recruitment needs.

Is it just me or are the clanrat summons sorta underwhelming for anything but dealing with unguarded siege crews and archers? with the rapid degen effect they would route with 60-70% of the unit still standing and then never return to the fight, same with the stormvermin summons, they would fight for 20 seconds max, 2 seconds if anything turned to face them, the plague monk summon seemed alright with their better leadership and damage dealing at least.

They have some other uses too. If I have an army where artillery does a lot of the killing I'll send them out as a speed bump so the arty can get an extra shot or two against a dangerous enemy unit before the lines meet. Or if I see a valuable unit about to take a nasty charge I'll plop them down so they take it instead.

But yeah they're not great for actual fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stranger danger
May 24, 2006
Ugh, how do you deal with Norscans in campaign? They're not a real threat but a major nuisance.

I had an Empire campaign where I went and wiped them out, but now that I have the Empire provinces as the VCs I don't want to spend 50 turns stance-dancing and backtracking to take lovely provinces while fighting in the rear end end of the world.

stranger danger
May 24, 2006
Is there a way to 'restart' a catatonic AI faction? I think what the patch that improved turn times did was make it so that not every faction would make moves every turn and some of the minor factions would just sit and die.

Well in my Chaos game, vassalized Clan Moulder was in it for a while but they haven't made a single move in like 35 turns. I want/need them to start colonizing the ruins I've left all over the Empire. I tried gifting them 30,000 gold figuring they were out of money or something but that did nothing.

Also, the Chaos campaign is such poo poo.

stranger danger
May 24, 2006
The main use I've found for cannons is sniping other artillery pieces. If your army needs artillery supremacy and you don't have better options for shutting down enemy arty (i.e. Dwarves) then bring one, more if you're facing a faction with strong artillery.

VCoast can also use of them situationally, but I'd rather have mournghouls kill the crews then rear charge the enemy archers/infantry.

stranger danger
May 24, 2006

Ego-bot posted:

I've never seen a reason why anyone would recruit any Dwarf artillery other than organ guns. Anti infantry, large, sieges, they do it all.

I'll bring cannons against Skaven or the Empire to make certain I don't lose the artillery duel. You're in for a rough time if the enemy can outgun you and your infantry have to waddle across the battlefield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stranger danger
May 24, 2006
Is there any hilariously broken OP bullshit that anyone knows about? I don't have any race in particular that I want to play first, so I wanna partake in the cheese before it inevitably gets patched out.