Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snoo
Jul 5, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/carlzimmer/status/912761359611416576

this story is exactly the sort of devastation we'll see with climate change

a whole LOT of people think Climate Change is still something that happens in the future, something in the murky mists of time

nope

it's happening right now. there's no magical big moment where everything gets hosed and the pits to Hell opens up like an Oblivion gate

it's just going to get worse and worse and there'll be less and less money (until we abolish money) to deal with it until the system is so strained and overstressed that it's impossible to respond to anymore disasters after that

it's literally happening right now. the end of human civilization. no more procrastination, it's happening right now, and it'll happen slow enough that people won't really realize it's happening until the USA or the EU goes "sorry guys, we can't help you, you're on your own" in like 2-3 years

haha yeah i know right???????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

deathbysnusnu posted:

Green Day is cool and good.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

real talk

pbs has a show on their site about viet nam war, 10 episodes, from both perspectives, it is good go watch it

also it has an english version and expletive version

:agreed: it's good (but v v hosed)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Squizzle posted:

snoo why did you vote the thread a 1

im calling you out

:smith:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

euphronius posted:

snoo this is neither here nor their but your work in the CAD mock threads was to me legendary

o7 it was a simpler time

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

i wish everyone could be this happy

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

since i shouldn't wish death on ppl even if they're gross pieces of poo poo i guess i hope this person stubs their toe over and over forever

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

The Snoo posted:

since i shouldn't wish death on ppl even if they're gross pieces of poo poo i guess i hope this person stubs their toe over and over forever

otoh i would like to die after viewing this content

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

i just finished part 8 of the vietnam documentary and idk it's just amazing how the same horrible unthinkable poo poo just happens over and over again :allears:

(this is specifically regarding the way ppl/police/politicians treat protesters but also like. in general. gently caress everything)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

how pro-life of them

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

our president is a spiteful, petty child and I want to scream

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I don't think his diet coke is helping tbh

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

what the gently caress

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

what the fuuuuccckkkkkkkkkkk

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

holy loving poo poo jesus christ

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

back when I used to work at the pharmacy I made a lot of friends of old people on fixed incomes when I told them that they could substitute dirt cheap tums for their expensive rear end calcium supplements because it's the same loving poo poo

the bioavailability difference between the various types of calcium is all marketing

:0

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Office Pig posted:

i hate the spooky time and i'm sick of hearing about it every time it happens gently caress your pumpkins gently caress your pumpkins fuuuuuuck your pumpkins ohhhhh gawd

i like 2 have a little fun in these bad times :)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Duscat posted:

this is one of the best arguments against gay marriage i've seen

i'm the smooching labia

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Shageletic posted:

This is also happening

oh for gently caress's sake give me a break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU