Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Me trying to post last thread wo realizing its already closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Also the OP's terrible OP lol impressive

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

New thread going at Trump speed

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/912664574461120512

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

haha not the worst trump song I've heard

the best one ofc is the kids that got ripped off by Trump

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yinlock posted:

the only way out of what

life man like fucing duh

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol this guy has a meth tub

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I mean it's only pilotless if you agree with the Emiratis view that the toddler Bangledeshi powering it on a bike in the hood is not human

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

zegermans posted:

I'm kinda surprised with all the sectarian violence in the ME right now that the Burj Khalifa still exists.

better than ever, bad times in the ME is great for the UAE, where else is people gonna park their money, it's like NYC real estate times a poo poo ton.

Ofc their coming demographic disaster on the other hand....

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/912799388791070722

the moat with the alligators on fire is a go gentlemen

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

someone should buy this and call it :thunking:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

At Bannon's Florida chateau, the song being played is tub-thunking

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

As always, gently caress Joe Scarboarough

quote:

What's your favorite obscure record?
Set Yourself on Fire by Stars and "Your Ex-Lover's Dead" is an amazing song. I remember liking it because I grew up, and people would always ask me, "What's your music sound like?" And I never really found a band that sounded like what I wanted to be, which is indie-pop. And then when I heard Stars, Set Yourself on Fire, like "Ok, yeah." They have a song called "Ageless Beauty" that sounds a lot like [my song] "Party Line" which is on [ Welcome to the Monkeyhouse].

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

i keep track of the 5 best posters of all time. its a very prestigious list :hai:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

Rebecca Brinkman moved to Baraboo, Wisconsin, an hour north of Madison, from Ohio in the spring of 2016 for a job as a zookeeper. She worked from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Election Day before rushing to her polling place.

In addition to her Ohio driver’s license, she brought a manila envelope stuffed with documents to confirm her identity, including her credit card, her Social Security card, her rental lease, and a paycheck. “I was very well organized,” she told me. But November 2016 was Wisconsin’s first major election with a strict voter ID law in effect, which required voters to present one of a handful of categories of government-issued photo ID. Brinkman couldn’t get a Wisconsin driver’s license in time because her birth certificate was in Ohio.

Even though Brinkman was already registered in Wisconsin and had other forms of ID, poll workers only allowed her to cast a provisional ballot. It was never counted. “I was very frustrated,” she said. “This past election was kind of a big one.” She described herself as “liberal” and said she didn’t vote for Donald Trump, who carried the state by just 22,000 votes.

A comprehensive study released today suggests how many missing votes can be attributed to the new law. Researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison surveyed registered voters who didn’t cast a 2016 ballot in the state’s two biggest counties—Milwaukee and Dane, which is home to Madison. More than 1 out of 10 nonvoters (11.2 percent) said they lacked acceptable voter ID and cited the law as a reason why they didn’t vote; 6.4 percent of respondents said the voter ID law was the “main reason” they didn’t vote.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/09/a-new-study-shows-just-how-many-americans-were-blocked-from-voting-in-wisconsin-last-year/

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

boethius posted:

I also like this album by Stars.

See yr cool

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Stars is my fav band everyone or at least now that I know Joe Scarborow thinks he is it

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol at this entire thread degenerating with every new iteration

I used to post paragraphs

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

haha

Elephanthead posted:

On the plus people now read what you post.

nooooooooo

I never asked for this

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

Jones Act waivers “would take American first responders out of the loop and replace them with Filipino or Russian or Chinese crews,” he said. “Doing that at a time when many U.S. mariners in this region have had their homes damaged, their lives uprooted and now they need to work, to take that away is not something you want to do.”

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

the bitcoin of weed posted:

considering the US government's historical attitude towards PR we'll probably just collectively forget about it

https://twitter.com/ZachJCarter/status/898647718549172225

(pro thread)

Didn't PR vote twice to stay in their weird situation with the US? Latest one was only a couple of yrs AFAIK

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Trumps signs this

GOP does block grants

California sets up single payer with block grant

I buy into single payer in California from Indiana

So can rest of country

Single payer for all

Government paying for services (single payer) still means negotiating with private providers, don't think Cali is up to the task of working with everyone's doctor at the same time man

jerry seinfel posted:

If they had gotten statehood tromp probably would maybe be doing more

Or they should just make sure there's a Trump Brand Property always in operation

Yeah I mean the US is def loving them right now.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i thought they voted to become a state because they had given up on ever gaining independence

idk they've had quite a few of these that have probably gone both ways

holy poo poo less than a thousand ppl wanted to still stay a commonwealth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_status_of_Puerto_Rico

The fact PR isn't a state yet is a travesty

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

W A S T E D

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

angerbeet posted:

The basic girls are confused by the notion that sushi restaurants don't actually refill the soya bottles with low sodium soy sauce

Is this a new Gwen Stefani song

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

lol remember the first trump thread? so much analysis, news, etc

100% useless, throw it in the trash

haha I used to pull facts from his bios like I was doing a book report, jesus Christ

my own only god being, of course, His Ed Balls

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

According to Maul’s application with the state, while he was in law school he worked for three years at Barbri Inc. as a “student rep for a review course,” spent six months doing legal writing and electronic discovery in UF’s Office of General Counsel and worked for three months as a “summer associate” at Mezzanine Fund. He does not have any prior emergency management experience. Maul’s LinkedIn page also shows he worked for one year at Mattress Town of Gainesville before graduating from law school.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article175546321.html#storylink=cpy

lol a doc review hero

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

brugroffil posted:

last time it was a weird protest vote where everyone in favor of the status quo sat out so statehood got 97% approval. In their 2012 vote, statehood also got approval with much higher turnout.

hmmm, thanks

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

fyi navaro is the big china hawk in the admin

His book DEATH BY CHINA sounded smart to Kush when he decided to google a foreign policy speech

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

prefect posted:

Is that the guy that SA sent to Alaska? Good for him.

well this sounds like a story

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I for one enjoyed the mis en scene about the basic girls eating sushis even tho I dunno what basic means

does it have something to do with computers

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

WES MAUL'S Twitter is blocked but his linked in sure isn't

quote:

I am a systematic thinker, collaborative, have a high capacity to learn, I am passionate to help, and I am open to constant feedback. I have a lifelong desire to invest in myself, seeking not only to develop my depth, but my breadth. When confronted with a problem, I am biased toward action, and I always have the doggedness to maintain my commitments. I am confident in my abilities and know that I can provide clients with relevant solutions, delivered flawlessly. For me, passion drives practice, practice drives excellence, and excellence will result in the firm’s success.

ok.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yinlock posted:

i'd be mad too, with his CRIME VISION every sport must look like a sun to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEgyfTkqV1s

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Phone posted:

docevil gamed a Walmart Facebook thing that would send pitbull to whichever store that got the most Facebook likes

kodiak alaska was the most remote Walmart store

kodiak alaska got a free pitbull concert

awesome

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Louisgod posted:

This morning I had a very, very strong feeling this was a Miller push. There's nobody else at that level left to push absolutely lovely policy as Trump's too loving stupid to know how to be calculated evil.

a literal walking racist, sexist, lovely reddit avatar runs the show.

Elaine Duke acting head of the DHS is the one that recommended it

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Vox finally making good journalism

A Stanford psychologist on the art of avoiding assholes

"Not giving a poo poo takes the wind out of an rear end in a top hat's sails."

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

by the non-partisan JCT

er what?

It's a Congressional subcommittee and is majority staffed by Republicans

wtf

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

woof

quote:

The leaks also revealed emails from Mr Sater to Mr Cohen. One said excitedly: “Can you believe two guys from Brooklyn are going to elect a President.” Another said: “Our boy can become President of the USA and we can engineer it … I will get Putin on this programme and we will get Trump elected.”

Andrew Weissmann, the federal prosecutor who “turned” Mr Sater during the fraud investigation, is now on Mr Mueller’s team. Mr Sater is helping federal authorities in a Kazakh money laundering scheme in which some of the money was supposedly laundered through a Trump property. The claims of Mr Trump being the Muscovian Candidate for the US Presidency, raised by Mr Steele, continue to grow and reverberate.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

no

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

euphronius posted:

I hope to god they have parralllel ny state indictments running

I'm just looking forward to Scorcesse making up a followup to Goodfellas

Reallyfuckingdumbfellas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yinlock posted:

tbf more attention might be drawn to it if president pisshog wasn't getting everyone's attention by being an unstable rear end in a top hat

Repost this every ten pages for the next four years.

• Locked thread