Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
:trump:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I haven't paid attention to Puerto Rico, is trump telling them to fix their own island or something

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He's calling them lazy, entitled spics, and that's only a very slight paraphrase.
That's useful

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Since I identify as a Hispanic but not Latino what should my racial stance be about pr. Apathy?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

tacodaemon posted:

when i was a little kid i first learned some info about Puerto Rico by reading a Dennis the Menace comic book from the 1960s that was part of a collection of comic books handed down to me by my aunt, who was born in 1961 and was big into comics as a kid

the comic book told the tale of Dennis and his parents taking a Caribbean vacation, including a stop in Puerto Rico, where Dennis visited Ponce, ate breadfruit, and took a trip to the control room of the then-new Arecibo observatory (which opened in 1963), where he got to turn a dial that moved the radio telescope slightly and made him feel like a super strongman bc he was able to move something so huge and heavy

there you go, i made the news all about me, like trump does

Mulder went to arecibo and some aliens showed up and nothing ever came from it iirc

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Reality Winner posted:

pierce brosnan went to arecibo and i dont remember what happened

He killed Picard's superbabe

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Duscat posted:

retconning all the aliens away for the new series was the worst possible idea, like, what even in the gently caress

Honestly I havent seen seasons 7-9 but even by then he was doubting if aliens were real despite seeing and fighting them dozens of times

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

tacodaemon posted:

was it better or worse than that hosed-up last season of buffy the vampire slayer

It was a 6 ep season with the single best episode they ever did, a few amusing moments in others, and incredible tone deaf ahit plus horrible stupid cliffhanger

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

the one with the australian comic was p funny but i stopped watching it after cuz of school and bullshit

He's a kiwi i thought

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
why does everyone keep saying modern history vs American history, were there deadlier shootings before (not including wars and Indians and whatnot)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Addamere posted:

yeah during the robber baron union war days

what, like Blair mtn or something?

• Locked thread