Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emoji
Jun 4, 2004

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

*wallows in neck-deep poo poo* buh why's it so hard to move???
This is what people actually believe

Crotch Fruit posted:

I don't use ad blockers because the only difference I've noticed with them is a full screen "plz turn off your adblocker", I don't believe ad blockers eliminate or cut down on ads. I don't want to pay LowTax $5 for no ads, I assume he will probably make more than $5 off the ads at the top of the page. If I did choose to go with no ads I would do it because I wanted too not because it is the only way to stop the spam.

Of course it keeps happening here, always originates from the same URL, voluumtrk.horizon-trading.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Do the fonts still look insanely bad

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I use Safari bc the fonts still look bad in Firefox.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

MrMoo posted:

Probably because the OS is unaware of OpenType and advanced type features, the OS interface by default is not GPU accelerated which is why DirectText was born on Windows.

Browsers are a mess themselves, Canvas doesn't support OpenType for example. Also, I render in JavaScript because of that.

Doesn't every OS now for some time have highly developed font rendering engines? CoreText on Mac, DirectText on Windows, Inconsolata on Linux. Just use those.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
As an effete font noticer it's still bad

• Locked thread