Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm not really understanding the burger/dog configuration here. Is that just two halves of a burger that will fall out all floppylike when you pick this thing up, or have they created some kind of burgertrench for the hotdog to live it? AUSgoons help me out here. I have to know. Can I get a HAMDOG fully loaded? What about the fries, are they piled high?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

These guys are way behind the curve:

I have actually seen this in the wild.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Palpek posted:

These guys are way behind the curve:

I have actually seen this in the wild.

I genuinely don't know what to make of that, except that the little part of me that sometimes whispers "Jump" when I'm standing on the edge of something tall really really wants to eat one. I don't... are those pickle slivers? It looks like pickle slivers, onion straws, and weird hotdog pepperoni chips. Do they come in different flavors? Could I get a "Philly Cheesesteak" Pizzaburger?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

quote:

Richly cooked with salami, boiled ham, mushrooms and a mix of Edam and Cheddar cheese

Dear God...

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

While they don't have a Philly Cheesesteak Pizzaburger, they have this:

You have to understand that it's a German company and they have a history of commiting crimes against humanity.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 17, 2017

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

So our friend filed for and received a design patent on just the bun. Which means that he is preventing people from making buns with decorative handles. That's the sum total of the "innovation" he is claiming.

Amazing stuff here.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

kw0134 posted:

So our friend filed for and received a design patent on just the bun. Which means that he is preventing people from making buns with decorative handles. That's the sum total of the "innovation" he is claiming.

Amazing stuff here.

Yeah apparently they have leased out the design and collected a royalty or whatever from a bunch of restaurants around the world (don't know how truthful that is) but because it's patented in America they want to open their own place to reap 100% of the profits. All this because he drunkenly bought a hotdog and a hamburger one night, I guess.

Palpek posted:

While they don't have a Philly Cheesesteak Pizzaburger, they have this:

You have to understand that it's a German company and they have a history of commiting crimes against humanity.

All I know is that I need to find and eat one of these now.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

This of interest only to me, but the patent is invalid because the handles are not strictly ornamental; it's a functional addition that differentiates it from a standard bun. If I were a jackass I'd file an objection with the USPTO and attach this as evidence that it's not a decorative element.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Please do; I can't really go ahead with my barbecue plans until this patent thing is sorted out

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah apparently they have leased out the design and collected a royalty or whatever from a bunch of restaurants around the world (don't know how truthful that is) but because it's patented in America they want to open their own place to reap 100% of the profits. All this because he drunkenly bought a hotdog and a hamburger one night, I guess.

quote:

Mark decided to apply to Shark Tank USA. A show that puts budding Entrepreneurs in front of a ruthless panel of high profile investors. Mark made an application, even offering to cover his own expenses to get from Australia to the USA, though was rejected. Then one day Mark noticed the new Australian version of Shark Tank was looking for ideas to be pitched on the coming show. Mark made an application and was accepted. Airing on Shark Tank Australia's first episode, all the panel of investors laughed the idea away as any type of real business. Though while "Shark" Andrew Banks didn't see it as a business, he though it was worth a "punt" and a few phone calls, offering to try and sell the Patent for a share in what he could get for it.

Two years passed with no real interest from anyone to purchase the Hamdog™ concept.

"When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. And that one sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that’s what you’re going to get, Son, the strongest castle in all of England."

Edit:

"Our experience with our Food Stalls at public events has proven we can produce an average of four Hamdog's a minute with six staff which is still not fast enough. Though with an efficient store layout, staff and processes, we believe we can produce 300+ Hamdog's per hour."

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

The only way to mass produce a hamdog bun would be to make hamdog specific cooking molds. Hot dogs are done in a baking pan with walls while a burger just a sheet. That's where patent money is at.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

The only way to mass produce a hamdog bun would be to make hamdog specific cooking molds. Hot dogs are done in a baking pan with walls while a burger just a sheet. That's where patent money is at.

They got you covered, fam.

I'm assuming that they sell them at a premium for the budding(tm) hamdog(tm) entrepreneur(R).

Turns out that he only has the patent until 2020;

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

If only there were a more efficient way to eat a hotdog and a hamburger at the same ti

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
that bone broth thing is just an automatic soup maker...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M4Q4I4E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

they are pretty cool but this dude didnt change anything.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

GonSmithe posted:

Do you like Coffee? Do you hate not being able to brew it like you were smoking a crack pipe? Then boy do I have the product for you; BRIPE!

Now yours for the low, low, low, low price of $84.95! We'll even throw in a blowtorch for your crac- coffee free of charge! Buy now, and get BRIPING
https://www.briping.com/

This puts a different spin on the phrase "wake and bake."

420 smoke coffee grounds erry day.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jst0rm posted:

that bone broth thing is just an automatic soup maker...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M4Q4I4E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

they are pretty cool but this dude didnt change anything.

Uhh I think you'll find that an automatic soup maker makes soups, and not MILLENIAL-POWERING BONE BROTH

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Friends, I bring tidings both good and ill.

Unfortunately, the HAMDOG failed to meet it's kickstarter goal, and funding has been cancelled.

However, ALCHEMA received over triple the amount it asked for and you can now begin taking preorders for a countertop fermentation bucket to make fruitbooze with! I'll keep you posted for when someone inevitably gets botulism and they have to shut the whole thing down

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Beet Wagon posted:

Unfortunately, the HAMDOG failed to meet it's kickstarter goal, and funding has been cancelled.

However, ALCHEMA received over triple the amount it asked for and you can now begin taking preorders for a countertop fermentation bucket to make fruitbooze with! I'll keep you posted for when someone inevitably gets botulism and they have to shut the whole thing down

Why would I buy this when I already have a toilet and zip-lock bags

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Beet Wagon posted:

Welcome to the wonderful world of hobo moonshine!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

I can't throw money at things you don't link.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alchema/alchema-turn-fruit-into-personalized-craft-cider?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=alchema

"ALCHEMA enables you to homebrew your own unique flavor of hard craft cider. With the simplicity of making a pot of coffee, you can turn your favorite fruit into craft cider with limitless flavor options."

Oookay...

"We created Alchema to simplify homebrewing, starting with cider. Alchema brings the joy of craft cider to you and your loved ones. You pick the ingredients, and let Alchema take care of the rest!"

Are you saying tha canst give booze t'baby?

"With Alchema, you can create your own flavor of craft cider or mead within 2 weeks. You can also make wine with Alchema with your own resource of wine grapes and age it for longer."

It doesn't take me two weeks to brew a cup of coffee. Mead? That's a fairly intensive procedure that involves fois gras'ing the yeast with honey...

"Fermentation is a natural process where yeast transforms sugar into alcohol. Alchema simplifies the homebrew hassle by helping you enjoy your own craft cider in just 3 easy steps: "

Compare with the homebrew steps of;
1) Look up on internet
2) Mash up fruit
3) Add Yeast
4) Keep the flies out and wait.

"Alchema is equipped with medical grade UV-C LED light that sanitizes the container before starting the fermentation process."

Works for bacteria, but won't touch anything hardier, like spores.

I'm wondering how they know that fermentation is complete. You'd normally check the alcohol content and the amount of outgassing, but they seem to handwave the app quite a bit.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Double Agent posted:

This puts a different spin on the phrase "wake and bake."

420 smoke coffee grounds erry day.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

owns

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Juicero 2.0

https://boingboing.net/2018/01/02/pathogenic-capitalism.html

"The guy whose DRM for juice company cratered last year now sells "raw water" packed with all the microbes and amoebas you can stomach"

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Picobrew.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wamdoodle posted:

Juicero 2.0

https://boingboing.net/2018/01/02/pathogenic-capitalism.html

"The guy whose DRM for juice company cratered last year now sells "raw water" packed with all the microbes and amoebas you can stomach"

lmao apparently they sell that poo poo for like $60 a gallon.

http://www.businessinsider.de/silicon-valley-raw-water-obsession-2018-1?r=US&IR=T

quote:

In San Francisco, "unfiltered, untreated, unsterilized spring water" from a company called Live Water is selling for up to $61 for a decorative 2.5-gallon jug — and it's flying off the shelves, The New York Times reported.

Startups dedicated to untreated water are also gaining steam. Zero Mass Water, which doesn't sell raw water but sells tech that allows people to collect water from the atmosphere near their homes, has already raised $24 million in venture capital, the report says.

Clearly I got into the wrong line of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46iPFTCZ9LA

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

lmao apparently they sell that poo poo for like $60 a gallon.

http://www.businessinsider.de/silicon-valley-raw-water-obsession-2018-1?r=US&IR=T

Clearly I got into the wrong line of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46iPFTCZ9LA

No kidding, I almost wish I had zero scruples and didn't mind fleecing people.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Wamdoodle posted:

No kidding, I almost wish I had zero scruples and didn't mind fleecing people.

The Bay Area awaits you, young man.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Can't wait to read an article called "How Live Water making you sick is Actually a Good Thing"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"Actually, Giardia Is Basically The Same Thing As Juice Cleanse, New Report Says"

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

"Actually, Giardia Is Basically The Same Thing As Juice Cleanse, New Report Says"
"Those are Toxins Shooting Out of Your Anus"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
“True Enlightenment Now? Some Experts Don’t Want You to Know The Power of Chugging Raw Sewage”

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
now kickstarting a sewage enema kit for perpetual energy and cleansing, put those bacteria back to work

edit: organic artisan sewage delivered to your door, sure we'll just send it right through the post, disrupt delivery services too

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Have you ever wondered how important the OXYGEN is?

So, we've all been there. You're getting ready to go on a hike, bike ride, or some other sort of eco-friendly physical activity, but gosh darn it, all these drat oxygen tanks keep getting in the way! You can't not take supplemental oxygen, but you also need room for your water bottles, sports bars, and vintage Kodak camera! Well, never fear, my intrepid millenial friends, :siren:AQUOGEN:siren: is here to help!

:siren:AQUOGEN:siren: is a two-part water-bottle-and-supplemental-oxygen device that will not only allow you to hydrate, but will blast UP TO 25 BREATHS (PER REFILL CANISTER) OF ENRICHED OXYGEN at your face, so you can pretend it's helping you breathe better while it immediately dissipates into the dirty air between your nose and the bottle.

https://ksr-video.imgix.net/projects/1942730/video-817246-h264_high.mp4

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/892169180/aquogen-water-and-breathable-oxygen-on-the-go

Seriously, apparently these guys think that this is a real thing people need or want.

quote:

Rapid deforestation and pollution over generations of industrialization over a period of time have reduced oxygen levels in our atmosphere. High altitude regions and adverse situations like avalanches or natural calamities are not the only place with deficiency of oxygen. Further, if you're an adventure lover who enjoys mountaineering, yoga, or high altitude pilgrimage places, or if yoiu're a sports enthusiast who likes hiking, trekking, or cycling, you're at a constant lookout for clean oxygen in the air. On other instances, fatigue, depression, and people with respiratory issues also need enriched and fresh oxygen.

you're at a constant lookout for clean oxygen in the air.

Yeah that's definitely true, I'm constantly sorting through all this air trying to suss out the clean oxygen from the rest of it.

Also, in case you were wondering, no, of course there's no accompanying mask to ensure you get the oxygen, YOU IDIOT. JUST POINT THAT poo poo AT YOUR FACE AND LET FLY!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
And if your oxygen tank catches fire, heck, the water to put it out is right next to it!

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

And if your oxygen tank catches fire, heck, the water to put it out is right next to it!

Comvenient!

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

quote:

For example, Mukhande Singh, the founder of Live Water, told the publication his startup's water expired after a few months — something he said was normal for "real water."

"It stays most fresh within one lunar cycle of delivery," Singh said. "If it sits around too long, it'll turn green. People don't even realize that because all their water's dead, so they never see it turn green."

Also, apparently Hamdog is getting into bitcoins because of course it is.

https://www.facebook.com/Hamdog.com.au/

quote:

The Hamdog® Crypto Currency Release Is Coming!
The world’s first and only Patented Burger is now the world’s first ICO (AKA “Token Generation Event”) giving the global pubic* ownership of select Hamdog® Take Away Restaurants.

Using Blockchain technology and Smart Contracts. Token holders will also receive returns using this technology. Planned locations being New York City (USA), Sydney (AUSTRALIA), Tokyo (JAPAN) and London.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Have you ever wondered how important the OXYGEN is?

So, we've all been there. You're getting ready to go on a hike, bike ride, or some other sort of eco-friendly physical activity, but gosh darn it, all these drat oxygen tanks keep getting in the way! You can't not take supplemental oxygen, but you also need room for your water bottles, sports bars, and vintage Kodak camera! Well, never fear, my intrepid millenial friends, :siren:AQUOGEN:siren: is here to help!

:siren:AQUOGEN:siren: is a two-part water-bottle-and-supplemental-oxygen device that will not only allow you to hydrate, but will blast UP TO 25 BREATHS (PER REFILL CANISTER) OF ENRICHED OXYGEN at your face, so you can pretend it's helping you breathe better while it immediately dissipates into the dirty air between your nose and the bottle.

https://ksr-video.imgix.net/projects/1942730/video-817246-h264_high.mp4

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/892169180/aquogen-water-and-breathable-oxygen-on-the-go

Seriously, apparently these guys think that this is a real thing people need or want.

you're at a constant lookout for clean oxygen in the air.

Yeah that's definitely true, I'm constantly sorting through all this air trying to suss out the clean oxygen from the rest of it.

Also, in case you were wondering, no, of course there's no accompanying mask to ensure you get the oxygen, YOU IDIOT. JUST POINT THAT poo poo AT YOUR FACE AND LET FLY!

Oh neat, looks like they got Mel Brooks to endorse this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzbIrb7LUJA

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Just so that it's clear - this isn't an illustration, this is an actual photo of a person who regularly uses the product.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

a two-part water-bottle-and-supplemental-oxygen device

Calling it now, slapping a water bottle on things is the 1980s equivalent of sticking an LCD clock on it.

It doesn't have a clock on it, does it? How can I tell what time I need to take my burst of oxygen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Differo Cathedra posted:

Also, apparently Hamdog is getting into bitcoins because of course it is.

https://www.facebook.com/Hamdog.com.au/

So... after failing to generate enough kickstarter cash to open their own restaurant, they're now moving to offering knockoff bitcoins as stock... Jesus Christ, Hamdog - at least nobody can you guys left anything on the table.