Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Oxycoin. Sweet, sweet Oxycoin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Oxycoin. Sweet, sweet Oxycoin.

"Say kids, can you check your bitcoin portfolio while hydrating. YOLO, right? Can you do it while hydrating and getting a cool blast of fresh nasal oxygen, curated from the slopes of the Alps? No. Well, do we have the product for you....

<waves forward 90s Cringe Rock>

I'm also available for social media experting.

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program

Beet Wagon posted:

Have you ever wondered how important the OXYGEN is?

So, we've all been there. You're getting ready to go on a hike, bike ride, or some other sort of eco-friendly physical activity, but gosh darn it, all these drat oxygen tanks keep getting in the way! You can't not take supplemental oxygen, but you also need room for your water bottles, sports bars, and vintage Kodak camera! Well, never fear, my intrepid millenial friends, :siren:AQUOGEN:siren: is here to help!

:siren:AQUOGEN:siren: is a two-part water-bottle-and-supplemental-oxygen device that will not only allow you to hydrate, but will blast UP TO 25 BREATHS (PER REFILL CANISTER) OF ENRICHED OXYGEN at your face, so you can pretend it's helping you breathe better while it immediately dissipates into the dirty air between your nose and the bottle.

https://ksr-video.imgix.net/projects/1942730/video-817246-h264_high.mp4

I followed the link in the Kickstarter to this site (presumably belongs to the "inventor"):

http://inventions-oasis.com/

Please take special note of the "E.O.M":

That is an, uh, aggressive pitch.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Rides Naked posted:

I followed the link in the Kickstarter to this site (presumably belongs to the "inventor"):

http://inventions-oasis.com/

Please take special note of the "E.O.M":

That is an, uh, aggressive pitch.

If you're going to make a pitch for something stupid, at least run that poo poo through a spell checker so you at least sound somewhat legit. "Tells a women." Learn to spell, motherfucker.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Double Agent posted:

If you're going to make a pitch for something stupid, at least run that poo poo through a spell checker so you at least sound somewhat legit. "Tells a women." Learn to spell, motherfucker.

quote:

"THE PROBLEM

The modern trend of expensive cigar smoking is increasing exponentially. In 1996 more than $1.5 billion worth of cigars were sold. If the cigars are not stored properly then they lose their unique properties.

Cigars must be kept in a humid atmosphere and at a cool temperature of around 65 F. Currently many use "humidors" which humidifies the cigar. A sponge like substance is soaked in water and kept inside the humidor. The water slowly evaporates which keeps the cigar moist.

However, to keep the cigars cool, people face the toughest hurdle. Either they lower the air conditioner of the entire room where the humidor is kept or they build a special room for the purpose of storing cigars. The 65 F room temperature is really cold for human beings. The special storage place construction needs extra space & resources.

If the cigars are not stored at around 65 degrees Fahrenheit then the larvae hidden in the wrappers will hatch as the temperature increases and goes beyond 70 degrees. Then they eat the tobacco by boring a number of holes thus destroying the expensive cigars"

From one of their patents. That's not what exponential means.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...7&RS=PN/6094917

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Hav posted:

From one of their patents. That's not what exponential means.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...7&RS=PN/6094917

Lol if you're not smoking a bunch of larva rolled in paper with minimal tobacco.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Double Agent posted:

"Moniter" should have tipped you off that the words thing is not where this human excels.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

AlbieQuirky posted:

"Moniter" should have tipped you off that the words thing is not where this human excels.

Am I the only one who noticed "ovuvation"? 'Cuz that was my favorite

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Obviously 'ovuvation' is what a collective of women do when it is preparing to monite. If you don't monite then you may be accused of interstellar kidnapping to a regressive and dangerous planet, which is assuredly the greatest crime on the galactic lawbooks.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Ovuvation is how we got the Ouya.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Some of this guy's inventions seem neat apart from the fact that they definitely don't work at all. My personal favorite is the E-Lamp, a bulb that is less effective than a CFL, but more effective than an incandescent, yet cheaper than a CFL, yet both more expensive and less efficient than an LED, thus rendering it useless. Also he has like four things that all claim to be equally able to magically heat and cool objects, which is insane.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

He's the classic "What if your phone could like... make you sandwiches, dude?" guy, except someone taught him how to use Squarespace lol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"What if like... what if truck drivers had a small personal air conditioner that ran off a separate battery? Like... not the kind you can already buy though, what if it was way more complicated and didn't work that good?"

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

"What if like... what if truck drivers had a small personal air conditioner that ran off a separate battery? Like... not the kind you can already buy though, what if it was way more complicated and didn't work that good?"

There are some good stories from normal dudes who decided to give truck driving a try. And how they all to a man became fat from not being able to eat well, especially since companies do not allow you to have a portable toaster oven or heating element.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

Some of this guy's inventions seem neat apart from the fact that they definitely don't work at all. My personal favorite is the E-Lamp, a bulb that is less effective than a CFL, but more effective than an incandescent, yet cheaper than a CFL, yet both more expensive and less efficient than an LED, thus rendering it useless. Also he has like four things that all claim to be equally able to magically heat and cool objects, which is insane.

I thought that one was a high point myself, but at least he's positioned for a market that could exist if everyone gets a simultaneous head injury.

Lladre posted:

There are some good stories from normal dudes who decided to give truck driving a try. And how they all to a man became fat from not being able to eat well, especially since companies do not allow you to have a portable toaster oven or heating element.

We're missing out on kickstarting a hydroponic kale farm that fits in the cabin space of a tractor unit.

C 2018 Murderbear industries

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

quote:

The 65 F room temperature is really cold for human beings

That's like 18.5 degrees C. Which is a thoroughly nice and average temperature. Where the hell does this person live that they consider that 'really cold'?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

PST posted:

That's like 18.5 degrees C. Which is a thoroughly nice and average temperature. Where the hell does this person live that they consider that 'really cold'?

Places that don't know the touch of snow like the entire gulf coast

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

I genuinely don't know what to make of that, except that the little part of me that sometimes whispers "Jump" when I'm standing on the edge of something tall really really wants to eat one. I don't... are those pickle slivers? It looks like pickle slivers, onion straws, and weird hotdog pepperoni chips. Do they come in different flavors? Could I get a "Philly Cheesesteak" Pizzaburger?

This is easy to get in Germany. I've tried it. It tastes of shame of failing your parents pretty much

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why can’t we just make patty shaped hot dogs?

Or dick shaped hamburgers?

Do we just not have the technology?

What about a tri lobed bun with a hotdog on one side and a dick burger on the other side?

Original idea do not steal

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

veiled boner fuel posted:

Why can’t we just make patty shaped hot dogs?

Bologna?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

luv 2 chow down on a 1.5 inch thick bologna patty.

Although actually a big thick slice of SPAM fried up makes a good sandwich filler.

Ayn Marx posted:

This is easy to get in Germany. I've tried it. It tastes of shame of failing your parents pretty much

I still want one.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

What about a tri lobed bun with a hotdog on one side and a dick burger on the other side?

What's the third lobe tho

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You got your basic double dog. Then your triple dog. But I think the big attraction is gonna be the quad dog. But can you hold four dogs at once? You can’t, it’s impossible.

So I have invented and patented the quad dog holder. It has four rings that you push through our specially formed quad buns, and then you insert the dogs into the rings which holds the whole thing together. Then you just add a handle with finger grips and you’re good to go. You can hold and consume four hot dogs at once using only one hand.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 29, 2018

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:piss: someone get Doobie on the phone right now lmao

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Quad dogs piled high...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

We'll have to make some adjustments to the cooking system to accommodate 4 dogs at once, but I think this is doable.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

the E-Lamp is a regular halogen incandescent bulb with an extremely lovely built in dimmer
sorry

e: its hard to understate the shittiness of the dimmer circuit, it looks like it relies on a transistor going into avalanche to trigger the triac (main switch component that chops up the line voltage to accomplish dimming) so if it gets above 150c or so its just going to turn off and never turn back on again. made with about 5 times the number of components usually used to accomplish the exact same task and sacrificing reliability probably by 100fold at least

Dairy Days fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 31, 2018

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Xelkelvos posted:

Places that don't know the touch of snow like the entire gulf coast

Central Florida living means never having to buy socks unless you visit 'America'.

Foo Diddley posted:

What's the third lobe tho

Nyarlethotep

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

Central Florida living means never having to buy socks unless you visit 'America'.

Says you, I've been freezing all day. It's in the sixties for God's sake!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Says you, I've been freezing all day. It's in the sixties for God's sake!

:rip:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I know I’m late to the party, but L. O. loving. L.

Beet Wagon posted:

I give you... ALCHEMA

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alchema/alchema-turn-fruit-into-personalized-craft-cider

Somewhere between "throwing your rotten fruit away" and "getting blasted on rubbing alcohol," there exists a magical fantasy land in which you can utilize those expensive-rear end pomegranates your kids won't eat to get ripped in the middle of the day! ALCHEMA is your own personal small-batch cider maker! Simply add fruit, sugar, and water of your own choosing, pop in one of the handy yeast packets, and then let that poo poo hang out on your counter for a week (or 16) and entertain your friends with your own terrible Cidre!

They are trying to upscale toilet wine.

nerdz posted:

Amazing. If only I had one of these in jail

Goddamn Pruno Grigio, lol.

Veni Vidi Ameche! fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Feb 14, 2018

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

You got your basic double dog. Then your triple dog. But I think the big attraction is gonna be the quad dog. But can you hold four dogs at once? You can’t, it’s impossible.

So I have invented and patented the quad dog holder. It has four rings that you push through our specially formed quad buns, and then you insert the dogs into the rings which holds the whole thing together. Then you just add a handle with finger grips and you’re good to go. You can hold and consume four hot dogs at once using only one hand.

are those anal beads

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

They’re whatever you want them to be, friend.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I can't believe I just remembered that 7-11 had hotdog shaped cheeseburgers like a loving decade ago. :rip: Hamdog, you never got the chance to fly

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dairy Days posted:

the E-Lamp is a regular halogen incandescent bulb with an extremely lovely built in dimmer
sorry

e: its hard to understate the shittiness of the dimmer circuit, it looks like it relies on a transistor going into avalanche to trigger the triac (main switch component that chops up the line voltage to accomplish dimming) so if it gets above 150c or so its just going to turn off and never turn back on again. made with about 5 times the number of components usually used to accomplish the exact same task and sacrificing reliability probably by 100fold at least
Lmao this is great

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Trying to decide if I'd rather have a light bulb that just commits suicide at random or one that burns my house down, and honestly it's a tough call lol.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I made the mistake of taking a halogen pedestal light out in the back patio one night when we were refinishing a cabinet. (We were renting at the time and there was no light back there)

Big old moth went in it and immediately burst into flames with a huge plume of smoke.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lladre posted:

I made the mistake of taking a halogen pedestal light out in the back patio one night when we were refinishing a cabinet. (We were renting at the time and there was no light back there)

Big old moth went in it and immediately burst into flames with a huge plume of smoke.

witness me!

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Beet Wagon posted:

He's the classic "What if your phone could like... make you sandwiches, dude?" guy, except someone taught him how to use Squarespace lol

My favorite archetype for that guy is Bill Blazejowski, in Night Shift, as played by Michael Keaton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tT3rAo2s4s&t=58s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Man, whatever happened to Michael Keaton anyway

Guy was brilliant in Beetlejuice