Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Foo Diddley posted:

You know what else you can make broth with? A plain old fuckin' pot and stove like you probably already have. I mean, you boil some poo poo for a while. It ain't hard

There, I just saved you the expected MSRP of $218
Listen buddy, this isn't just stock, it's mother-flipping BONE BROTH. You don't just cook some meat bones and veg in a pot. You cook some meat bones for a really long time. Do you GET IT NOW!?!!?!!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Paladinus posted:

It's pronounced torrr-tiyah.
Her selective Hispanicness is beautiful. At one point she rolls the r in “fresh.”

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Some of this guy's inventions seem neat apart from the fact that they definitely don't work at all. My personal favorite is the E-Lamp, a bulb that is less effective than a CFL, but more effective than an incandescent, yet cheaper than a CFL, yet both more expensive and less efficient than an LED, thus rendering it useless. Also he has like four things that all claim to be equally able to magically heat and cool objects, which is insane.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dairy Days posted:

the E-Lamp is a regular halogen incandescent bulb with an extremely lovely built in dimmer
sorry

e: its hard to understate the shittiness of the dimmer circuit, it looks like it relies on a transistor going into avalanche to trigger the triac (main switch component that chops up the line voltage to accomplish dimming) so if it gets above 150c or so its just going to turn off and never turn back on again. made with about 5 times the number of components usually used to accomplish the exact same task and sacrificing reliability probably by 100fold at least
Lmao this is great

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

megane posted:

So what I'm hearing is that cast iron is the cooking equivalent of buying a five-hundred-buck limited edition artisanal hand-engraved titanium alloy audio jack instead of using a worthless mass-produced one like an animal, god, any REAL music lover can EASILY hear the difference in quality
It's fine if you know how to use it. I appreciate how long it holds onto heat for, and you can easily use it in the oven. I make cornbread and German pancakes and such with mine. Good for fajitas too. Think of it like a wok: a lot of people who have them aren't necessarily using them right.