Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

I had to see it to believe it. A kettle dedicated to goddamn broths. You can just hear the narrators utter contempt of stock cubes or condensed soup.

"UGH, dehydrating soup? What are you, an animal?!?"

Edit: "It makes bone broth just the way our ancestors would have!"
loving :lol::lol:. Now you too can live like your ancestors did and die at the ripe old age of 28!

Nanako the Narc fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

I'm guessing half of those $800 per machine are going to be quietly stashed away in anticipation of the inevitable lawsuit when a kid puts their hand in and is permanently maimed.

Also if the top of the bag isn't sealed, wouldn't the top also spurt out juice as it gets crushed? And if you're going to reuse the bag surely you'll have to wash the bag, right?

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

I eat cold soup from the can

I cook twigs and insect grubs in a stone pot just like my neolithic ancestors did, get on my level, scrub. :smug:

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

Bouillon cubes? Those aren't LOCAL

Buying at your local market? Ugh, casuals. I hand-rear my own cattle in my living room. :colbert:

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

I give you... ALCHEMA

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alchema/alchema-turn-fruit-into-personalized-craft-cider

Somewhere between "throwing your rotten fruit away" and "getting blasted on rubbing alcohol," there exists a magical fantasy land in which you can utilize those expensive-rear end pomegranates your kids won't eat to get ripped in the middle of the day! ALCHEMA is your own personal small-batch cider maker! Simply add fruit, sugar, and water of your own choosing, pop in one of the handy yeast packets, and then let that poo poo hang out on your counter for a week (or 16) and entertain your friends with your own terrible Cidre!

ALCHEMA is actually kind of a cool idea until you realize they're shooting for a mostly unattainable millenial ideal - one in which you have infinite free time and money to spend on fresh fruits for your hyper-advanced five gallon bucket, and not the far more realistic scenario in which you drunkenly stuff a bunch of old moldy bananas in the thing and frantically push the button before stumbling into your bathroom to polish off the mouthwash and pass out in the shower.

Finally! An easy way to get botulism poisoning from the comfort of my own home! :shepface:

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Foo Diddley posted:

Yeah, coffee, that's what I think of when I see this. That totally looks like coffee paraphernalia

That looks like the most foul way to drink coffee short of having a hot coffee enema.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

You know, it just occurred to me, wouldn't heating a naked copper pan to heat coffee cause some amount of the copper to leak into the drink itself? I'm pretty sure copper toxicity is a bad thing.