Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

You know what else you can make broth with? A plain old fuckin' pot and stove like you probably already have. I mean, you boil some poo poo for a while. It ain't hard

There, I just saved you the expected MSRP of $218

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

FactsAreUseless posted:

Listen buddy, this isn't just stock, it's mother-flipping BONE BROTH. You don't just cook some meat bones and veg in a pot. You cook some meat bones for a really long time. Do you GET IT NOW!?!!?!!?!?

Well now that you put it like that, I guess I do need a cave kettle

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Beet Wagon posted:

I give you... ALCHEMA

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alchema/alchema-turn-fruit-into-personalized-craft-cider

Somewhere between "throwing your rotten fruit away" and "getting blasted on rubbing alcohol," there exists a magical fantasy land in which you can utilize those expensive-rear end pomegranates your kids won't eat to get ripped in the middle of the day! ALCHEMA is your own personal small-batch cider maker! Simply add fruit, sugar, and water of your own choosing, pop in one of the handy yeast packets, and then let that poo poo hang out on your counter for a week (or 16) and entertain your friends with your own terrible Cidre!

ALCHEMA is actually kind of a cool idea until you realize they're shooting for a mostly unattainable millenial ideal - one in which you have infinite free time and money to spend on fresh fruits for your hyper-advanced five gallon bucket, and not the far more realistic scenario in which you drunkenly stuff a bunch of old moldy bananas in the thing and frantically push the button before stumbling into your bathroom to polish off the mouthwash and pass out in the shower.

Can't wait to get my Kickstarter Kitchen together so I can invite my friends over for a meal they'll never forget: "Hey remember that time Foo invited us over and all he had was 'bone broth' and prison hooch?"

Anyway, ten seconds in Google reveals that you can get a five gallon fermenting jug for $40. It doesn't have an LED status indicator, so you'll have to figure out when a couple of weeks have passed on your own, but it's a much cheaper way to learn why Random Fruit Cider is only popular among prison inmates

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Yeah, coffee, that's what I think of when I see this. That totally looks like coffee paraphernalia

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Ignoranus posted:

I don't have any basis by which to evaluate the actual methodology, but I really appreciate the gung-ho attitude of this guy, who has cleverly titled his Kickstarter "A Condensed Vacuum Coffee or Tea Extracting Device." It seems so strange when put up against things like the Bripe that have this huge hipster marketing push.

EDIT: and you can drink it out of your OmegaCup, which doesn't look like an ugly, impossible-to-clean turd of a glass:

quote:

Because of the surfaces smallness of the front drinking chamber, sloshing is being reduced therein clearly - in special while standing or other inconvenient situations for drinking, or when having a shaky hand, this helps to drink more easily and safely.

Makes sense

Also:

quote:

Delight is with omegaCup not longer meager between hot and cold - omegaCup uses an entirely natural effect, by that you can earlier, longer and fully enjoy the taste of your hot beverages.

Foo Diddley fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Oct 14, 2017

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Please do; I can't really go ahead with my barbecue plans until this patent thing is sorted out

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Beet Wagon posted:

Friends, I bring tidings both good and ill.

Unfortunately, the HAMDOG failed to meet it's kickstarter goal, and funding has been cancelled.

However, ALCHEMA received over triple the amount it asked for and you can now begin taking preorders for a countertop fermentation bucket to make fruitbooze with! I'll keep you posted for when someone inevitably gets botulism and they have to shut the whole thing down

Why would I buy this when I already have a toilet and zip-lock bags

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

owns

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

AlbieQuirky posted:

"Moniter" should have tipped you off that the words thing is not where this human excels.

Am I the only one who noticed "ovuvation"? 'Cuz that was my favorite

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

veiled boner fuel posted:

What about a tri lobed bun with a hotdog on one side and a dick burger on the other side?

What's the third lobe tho

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Man, whatever happened to Michael Keaton anyway

Guy was brilliant in Beetlejuice

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TasteTro sounds like the name of the lamest GI Joe

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
He's got like, a wrist launcher with a pepper grinder on it instead of rockets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
You open your presents at Christmas and you try not to cry--you got TasteTro and his tactical food cart

Your friend at school got Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes; he'll never respect you again