Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Obviously 'ovuvation' is what a collective of women do when it is preparing to monite. If you don't monite then you may be accused of interstellar kidnapping to a regressive and dangerous planet, which is assuredly the greatest crime on the galactic lawbooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Is that a Tomato Fruit Roll-Up?

I actually bought my sister an Avocado Shark as a gag gift (for less than a third of what that site's charging). Like most unitaskers, it does it's job okay but is entirely unnecessary. The scraper is about the only bit that works well.

Also I imagine a good deal of the funding for that tool came from the parents of the kids or their friends' parents (it's designed by bunch of middle-schoolers), and I doubt any of them plan to use it.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Indeed, 'customize' all you like.

quote:

Can I load my own spices in the pods?

In the beginning, we asked ourselves if we were an appliance company or a spice company. In the numerous in-home research interviews we conducted, we consistently found people using old spices. To have people expect mouthwatering spice blends from loading their old spices into the appliance would lead to disappointment and not the experience we want to deliver.

TasteTro's spices and herbs are of a premium gourmet quality, procured in smaller batches from only the most trusted sources. All pods are sealed and uniquely identified through the RFID label.

Can I load my own salt?

Yes. Salt is one of the most common ingredients in many spice blends. We have designed a unique dispensing pod in the middle that can be refilled as needed. We will offer online and recommend using sea salt. Trying to avoid salt? No worries, TasteTro has created many delicious salt-free blends.

The total non-answers (they can't even answer the question they asked themselves in the beginning*) are only made better by imagining the exasperated tone you can imagine people use when asking about salt.

Speaking of which, compare the note about salt with what they say in the intro:

quote:

People often rely on bottled short-cuts, prepared meals and takeout as time savers to address that dreaded daily question. Packaged and processed foods are generally sodium rich and loaded with unwanted ingredients.

The device would very nearly have utility if you could refill it and program your own blend for a given recipe, but the first is right out and the second is only something that's their 'intention' to add in an update.

*To which the answer is, "we want to be a printer ink company, but that market is shrinking".

Kangra fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 22, 2018

Kangra
May 7, 2012

If you'd told me it was the latest health fad, I would've assumed people just rubbing it on their skin, but drinking?

I notice the editor put the image from the hardware store clearly labelled as "pure gum spirits" right before the reporter says, "It's not the stuff you find in the hardware store, it's pure gum spirits!"

I use Tecnu regularly after poison oak/urushiol exposure, and that's pretty much the same thing at its base, but I wouldn't dream of putting it in my mouth.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Which like, I mean fine I guess, but as someone who vapes to quit actual smoking, I absolutely can't wait until there's a day where I don't have to breathe in nebulous chemicals, and the instant I'm reliably down to 0 nicotine I'm throwing all this poo poo in the trash.

Given how extremely questionable the use of vitamin supplements are, it wouldn't surprise me at all if these were just as bad as sucking in nicotine.

I am curious about this:

quote:

eco-friendly vitamin inhalation device

Are there vitamin nebulizers that are non-eco-friendly? Single-use vitamin vapes?