Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

cynic posted:

My dad had a loving giant set of le creuset and when he passed away my mother threw it all out because it was from the 70s and a weird shade of orange and she wanted some nice new stuff. She also emptied a bunch of priceless scotch down the sink because she thought it was too old and too strong for anyone (cask strength bottled in a distillery that was destroyed in WWII, so the rarity value was off the scale). I have a bunch of cheap but weighty cast iron skillets and grill pans for searing stuff; it's the only type of pan that will get properly hot on my halogen hobs.

i have one le creuset cookware article, it’s a real pretty but hideously expensive tea pot my mom gave me for Christmas. Wish she gave me the pans already, they’re like patek philippe watches: you need a second mortgage to afford a new set and you merely look after it for the next generation

what did those pans ever do to your mom though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU