Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

And if your oxygen tank catches fire, heck, the water to put it out is right next to it!

Comvenient!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

dovetaile posted:

My favorite part is that even with international shipping one bottle is $11.

I’m kinda surprised by that. I figures that any idiot that thinks that edible gold is fancy or worth a drat could probably be duped at 30 a pop but hey that’s just me I guess

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I remember at some point when I was a kid I heard that copper is best for pans because the heats distributes more quickly and evenly. I thought, “oh, ok. Probably never gonna be too important unless I become a chef though”

Any more thought devoted to the materials of your tools is embarrassing

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

cynic posted:

As an old fart, I believe that everyone should get together a good drill/driver/bit and a good set of cookware (knives and pans) early on in life because you need to replace poo poo versions of those every 5 year or less. Buy something bulletproof up front you're saving in the long run. Cast iron is good because barring being close to a nuclear event it's going to be around long after you're dead. I still have my dads drill and it's made of solid metal from the 70s, works perfectly. Same with knives - they have been sharpened so much over the years they are shorter than when purchased, but still keep an incredible edge.

Also buy a good mattress, older you will thank you.

Don’t get me wrong I find that kind of thinking entirely reasonable. I’m not yet at a stage where I need to buy kitchenware but when I do I’ll likely get something that lasts, not something that’s the latest fad in katana steel pans blessed by blind monks in the mountains with nebulous antitoxin claims or some stupid bullshit like that

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Not the first time this has happened. Pretty sure when the UK regulated the vaping industry one of the first things to go (or at least the first thing which people were warned about) was vapes with like nutrients and poo poo

Caffeine/alcohol vapes do exist so I can imagine that it would make sense but as far as I know there’s no evidence of nutrient/vitamin vapes working