Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

There's a Reddit thread that led to a communal document chronicling all of the bugs and crash events. The devs are using it as a checklist (it was more thorough than their own) for patches that are on the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Finished it yesterday, but I'll go back if and when I can play through Galf without worrying about random softlocks.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm stuck in the murder mystery bit. Someone give me a hint? I have to get the red ball which I'm pretty sure will knock down Dorris's book that will then send her to sleep, and I know it was in a guy's pocket before laundry. I don't have a Laundry Token for the machine and searching the bag on the floor doesn't give me the ball either. I also don't have the green ball or any idea where it is. I have a bottle of Vinegar I've done nothing with, and I've done the Dinner stuff and the Chamomile Soda. I've also replaced the Bell with a working one but I don't know why.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm stuck in the murder mystery bit. Someone give me a hint? I have to get the red ball which I'm pretty sure will knock down Dorris's book that will then send her to sleep, and I know it was in a guy's pocket before laundry. I don't have a Laundry Token for the machine and searching the bag on the floor doesn't give me the ball either. I also don't have the green ball or any idea where it is. I have a bottle of Vinegar I've done nothing with, and I've done the Dinner stuff and the Chamomile Soda. I've also replaced the Bell with a working one but I don't know why.

There's a shelf next to Lara. Interact with it. No, there's no reason why you'd know to do this.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Waltzing Along posted:

Just wait till you get to Blue Dunes.

Don't get his hopes up. Blue Dunes is a bigger challenge but if you're going 10 under par you've clearly cracked the code of this game.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

Don't get his hopes up. Blue Dunes is a bigger challenge but if you're going 10 under par you've clearly cracked the code of this game.

I was routinely 10 or more under on my runs and dunes still kicked my rear end with its 12 hour winds. Played it -1

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

PantsBandit posted:

Most of the courses are easy/fair. BD isn't. The holes are much longer. There is more water and bunkers and rough. Many holes you are pretty much screwed if you hit one bunker.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Dr Cheeto posted:

There's a shelf next to Lara. Interact with it. No, there's no reason why you'd know to do this.

Well actually... that shelf was the first thing I checked when that sequence started, and got an "odd, it looks like there's a bottle missing here" message. So I knew there was something going on with bottles, though I never actually made the connection and "solved" that one by pure chance.

It's such a weird hiccup when basically everything else there is clearly signposted. Including the thing that Lara solves for you! :nallears:

Waltzing Along posted:

Most of the courses are easy/fair. BD isn't. The holes are much longer. There is more water and bunkers and rough. Many holes you are pretty much screwed if you hit one bunker.

I do better on Dunes than Oak Manor, frankly, and more consistently. The holes are long, but you should be driving 300+ yards a shot by that point.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Autonomous Monster posted:

Well actually... that shelf was the first thing I checked when that sequence started, and got an "odd, it looks like there's a bottle missing here" message. So I knew there was something going on with bottles, though I never actually made the connection and "solved" that one by pure chance.
...if I had gotten that message I would have known to do that! Even if I don't know why I'm doing it. Is this the mythical bit where they call out that this poo poo is stupid and arbitrary and crazy because I'm excited for that.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Apparently holding L/R while golfing are the buttons to add front and back spin to your swing. This is separate from pressing X to pinpoint where on the ball you want to hit it which alters the trajectory but doesn't add any spin to the ball.

this game

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

Apparently holding L/R while golfing are the buttons to add front and back spin to your swing. This is separate from pressing X to pinpoint where on the ball you want to hit it which alters the trajectory but doesn't add any spin to the ball.

this game

Whaaaaat????? gently caress me, that would've been nice to know.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Yeah it puts a little blue shade on the top and bottom of the ball. I found this out by accident.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Kaubocks posted:

this game

gently caress's sakes, this changes EVERYTHING.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Y'all been pumping points into the spin stat not even knowing how to use it lol

To be fair the only way you'd know about the spin buttons is if you hit the minus button while teeing up, and nobody tells you about the minus button.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I figured the spin stat affected the X button ball position mode :shobon:

Unrelated: gently caress whoever decided we needed an RC Car game.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I figured the spin stat affected the X button ball position mode :shobon:

Unrelated: gently caress whoever decided we needed an RC Car game.

Yeah, same. I thought it was just kinda lovely.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Missing one cache coin and been looking all over for that fucker to no avail.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zerilan posted:

The first 5 have someone on the course telling you where to go and you can pretty much just wander till you see "dig."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zerilan posted:

Same, actually. I just assume it's on Blue Dunes because I haven't really scoped the whole place out yet.

Also, alt course guy peaked at spoopy halloween course. Tidy Park and Blue Dunes were easy by comparison. Does he have more later?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Toaster Beef posted:

gently caress's sakes, this changes EVERYTHING.

I just started and they don't seem to explain anything very well. Like I wasn't very sure what pressing X and Y does, and I just got to the disc golf.

Game is great though. I don't care much for actual golf but I am so into this.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There is no cache on Blue Moon Dunes fyi

alr
May 14, 2009
I resumed my game at the party event at Tidy Park and my dude is around 6 inches tall and bugs through the terrain. Restarting the console and game doesn't fix it so rip that save I guess

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

the island tour sidequest in bermuda isles really drives home how bad the putting is in this game when you only have a vague idea how the ground slopes

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Finished everything beyond getting eagle+ medals on every hole and beating galf which I kind of gave up on. Really charming game overall, totally worth the $15 tossed at it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr Cheeto posted:

There is no cache on Blue Moon Dunes fyi
yo where the hell is the fifth one then

and also, gently caress Drone Minigame(tm)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

DACK FAYDEN posted:

yo where the hell is the fifth one then

and also, gently caress Drone Minigame(tm)

It might be on the frisbee course. There is no way to know which one you missed just by saying "the 5th."

If you explore everything you will find it. It's not hard.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

It might be on the DISC course. There is no way to know which one you missed just by saying "the 5th."

If you explore everything you will find it. It's not hard.

ftfy

Also that was the 5th I was missing since I didn't think to explore it for people beyond the disc golf trio.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zerilan posted:

ftfy

Also that was the 5th I was missing since I didn't think to explore it for people beyond the disc golf trio.
Oh poo poo, yeah, that's definitely the one I missed. loving disc golf.

e: yep, that was it. Do I do anything with this Cacher's Legendary Treasure? The cacher guy at the soda bar doesn't want it.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 7, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Do I do anything with this Cacher's Legendary Treasure? The cacher guy at the soda bar doesn't want it.

You trade it for an item of great value in Blue Moon Dunes.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr Cheeto posted:

You trade it for an item of great value in Blue Moon Dunes.
yeah I was like "wait poo poo Legendary Treasure I know someone who wants that"

rofl at GALF NIGHTS

also did I miss the Genie the first time around? I paid the dude for two wishes but when I talked to the genie first he said "you're too late, I'm already free"

e: oh, and I have three putters but five of every other club. Is that normal? I only have the Antique and the minigolf whirly one.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 7, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Genie? What genie?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Waltzing Along posted:

Genie? What genie?
The one just standing there chilling out on Blue Dunes next to the dude with the magic rainbow boombox. Saying "You're too late, I'm already free." makes me think I could have been the one to free it!

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

The drone mini game was easy as hell. Just hold down the fly button and you can't crash into anything, then just hold down R and you will poo poo out an endless stream of balls.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The one just standing there chilling out on Blue Dunes next to the dude with the magic rainbow boombox. Saying "You're too late, I'm already free." makes me think I could have been the one to free it!

Thats what i got too. Guess I missed something earlier. Oh well.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I don't think it's possible to free the genie, you guys

Like what even would the player use the third wish for, and why would you want to live in a world without a rainbow boom box?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dr Cheeto posted:

I don't think it's possible to free the genie, you guys

Like what even would the player use the third wish for, and why would you want to live in a world without a rainbow boom box?

I read somewhere that he sells you things for $$$. But it seems like that amount of $$$ is only accessible by grinding. So, what's the point? The game is already over at that point.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah, you throw a grand to the boom box girl and she tells the genie to give you one of her wishes. You can do this twice. The first time he upgrades your wellworn drivers, the second time he upgrades your wellworn irons. It increases the degree to which you can shape your shots to a pretty crazy level, basically makes trees a total nonissue, your lobbed shots lobbier, and your straight shots straighter.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr Cheeto posted:

Yeah, you throw a grand to the boom box girl and she tells the genie to give you one of her wishes. You can do this twice. The first time he upgrades your wellworn drivers, the second time he upgrades your wellworn irons. It increases the degree to which you can shape your shots to a pretty crazy level, basically makes trees a total nonissue, your lobbed shots lobbier, and your straight shots straighter.
Gonna be honest, I didn't even use them after that - I tried them and like, I just wanted Pro/Bladed anyway for dat distance. Distance!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Gonna be honest, I didn't even use them after that - I tried them and like, I just wanted Pro/Bladed anyway for dat distance. Distance!

Did you learn nothing from the gents at Tidy Park? It's not about distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zerilan posted:

Did you learn nothing from the gents at Tidy Park? It's not about distance.
I learned that even with my "friend" "helping" me tee off I can still out-chip those old sons of bitches any day :argh:

(the absolute best part of the ending was the old lady and her new foster grandson nearly hitting the old man in the head with a drive)

• Locked thread