Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
ughhh did I bug my game?

It was during the murder mystery, I snuck out of the mansion and it was raining

so I just casually walked away from the perimeter of the building, went into the pro shop, stepped out and uhh now it's daytime

I also can't get back into the mansion because there's trucks parked all around, which is weird because I just sauntered on out between them. Anyways it looks like i need to confront the dudes harassing the guy outside, guess I missed them. Am I stuck outside?

basically is my game hosed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Sounds like yes :/ Sorry man. I've heard the murder mystery is the most unstable part of the game.

drat! ah well, guess I can wait and see if there's a patch or something while I play other stuff

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
It's kind of bullshit because yeah I'm never gonna go back to start a fresh file so I guess I'll never experience the remaining part of the story in Golf Story, a game about a story that centers around golf

Kinda wish I could get some sorta eShop credit cuz I feel like I bought a semi faulty product

Oh well, time to dig into steam world dig 2

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
More or less yeah. If 2D golf in an RPG-like setting doesn't sound appealing, it might not be for you. That's pretty much all there is to it, it's just executed well, supplemented by charming graphics and music

Check out a video or two of someone running around taking on quests if you want to know exactly what to expect, it's about 12 hours of that. It's fun and I felt myself getting better. It's also kinda buggy, might wanna wait for a patch if it's not a priority for you

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
New patch didn't help me get back into the tidy park manor at all

Meh, I got other games to finish anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Was it just me or did the different equipment really not seem all that impactful?

Likewise, I didn't see any way to customize a build too much other than letting your other stats hurt a bit or compensating with added points to those categories....and how much of a difference can that really make?

I guess what I'm saying is ultimately the rpg stuff seems extraneous

• Locked thread