Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
lol the sound your joycons make when you shoot a ball out of the map

just line up a shot with your driver and launch it off the map if you dont know what i mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afro
May 29, 2007

I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit

Dr Cheeto posted:

Nah, the long driver was originally conceived of something that you'd actually bring onto a real course, but it was cut as the dev realized it was tiresome to use.

So there isn't more than 1 long drive event in the game? Kind of a shame really. I would welcome one or two more, but with more wind and shot adjustment stuff.

Afro
May 29, 2007

I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit

CPColin posted:

I think, above all else, that's my main complaint about the game: it has a lot of one-off story events that you can't repeat after you beat them once. I'd like to be able to do rematches of the match play events and tournaments with tougher opponents. Once you beat the story, though, all you have left is challenging yourself to beat your previous scores in stroke play.

Or does the Quick Play feature let you play against the CPU?

I'm imagining another long drive event, but this time held in Tidy Park where all the old geezers are tut-tutting at your long shots at first but by the end they are hyped up too. Missed opportunity IMO.

Afro
May 29, 2007

I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit
I just owned the poo poo out of Max on the Bermuda Isles match to get your caddy. The game script calls for him to overshoot in to the water but then make a close chip on the 5th hole, which he then says "Welcome to the pros." Well I had the same shot but from the south end of the island, but my chip went in. I repeated his line back at my Switch in a gloating manner only to realize that I had scored low enough to decide the match with that shot. I wish I could have seen the look on that stupid pixel rear end in a top hat's face.

Afro
May 29, 2007

I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit
Welp I hosed my save too. When I got in to the Tidy Park clubhouse a small thing happened and I was automatically sent outside. Thinking hey I just got access to this place and I want to look around, I went back in. And now the old lady at the front desk wont let me leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afro
May 29, 2007

I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Isn't that just the... you know, the mystery bit?

I triggered the NPC script before the murder mystery by going back in to the clubhouse before talking to Lorraine and challenging Lucky. I fixed it though by reloading my save which spawned me inside the clubhouse but beyond the old lady NPC dialogue threshold.

• Locked thread