Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this game loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
do you get something if you just freeform play holes? You don't seem to be able to continue your shots, and I was wondering if I was missing something.

also I remember hitting that switch with a golf ball early on, I'm guessing there are switches all over the courses hidden?

finally:

difference between normal mode & focus mode and whats the point of hitting the bottom of top of the ball. I assume it adds more spin one way or the other? i dont know poo poo about golf. you can sort of hit the side, whats up with that. when would you use that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Autonomous Monster posted:

It also makes it more susceptible to the wind. Hitting the top does the opposite; more/farther bounces and less wind. Hitting the left or right bends the shot- it won't change where it lands, but you might be able to curve it round a tree or something.

Still haven't figured out what the L and R (not ZL/ZR, actual L and R) do though.

Four switches on the first course. There are also destructibles (buoys, speed boats, barrels etc) you can hit for cash and special bonus holes that give you massive xp (they've got swirly rainbow circles around them). If there's anything else to hit outside of a challenge/match you'll usually get a tee-up prompt.

Focus has a slower bar and ignores wind, maybe?

Ty very much.

• Locked thread