Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aerether
Nov 3, 2008
College Slice

Kaubocks posted:

what's the loving deal with this stupid makeshift golf course rear end in a top hat in oak manor?? why is this so god damned hard???

i swear i am golfing this as perfectly as i can and always coming in one stroke short, this sucks rear end

Few things I took away from doing those courses:

* These courses are pretty bullshit
* As much as possible, go for aggressive, long distance chip-ins. Try to hit the base of the flagpoles whenever possible to immediately arrest the ball's momentum, if not sink it outright. With a modest drive stat you can do some of the holes in one/two strokes.
* Since the holes are overall not very long distance-wise, aim for rough/bunkers if you're worried about hazards/positioning for future shots. In fact, since you don't get penalties IIRC, you can just hit into water and let the ball position reset to the closest landmass.
* Don't forget about shaping your shots, it might help to follow the curve of certain holes as well as avoid obstacles
* If you know you're gonna approach the hole during your shot and are worried about bouncing right past it, apply backspin and give the ball lots of loft.
* You can make some shots a little out of your reach if you exploit wind. I like Dynamo woods/digging wedge for this reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aerether
Nov 3, 2008
College Slice

Cicero posted:

I think my game is borked? I'm at the spooky course where I've unlocked the first gate, but sinking a ball into the big hole does nothing. I think I may have broken it because I had already sunk a ball in there earlier, before I had even gotten a key to the first gate. So now I don't know what to do.

Did you do it off of the tee?

• Locked thread